Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
    Where did you read that Slate house was confirmed for this please kev
    Somewhere in there my friend.... earlyish....

Not a lot of love for the selection by the looks of it

C&D winner and beat subsequent G1 winner ... 50/1 too big IMO

Comment

• Yes nice one kev im in also in, agree he looks overpriced and by presenting should love good ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Slate House confirmed for this race by Colin Tizzard - 40/1 NRNB or 50/1 available..... purely looking at his win over Summerville Boy who is 16/1 over course and distance in the Supreme Trial at Cheltenham back in November.... that does make him INTERESTING at the price.

You can obviously go on to say Summerville Boy beating Kalashnikov who won the Betfair and is now 7/1 2nd fav boosts his claims a little ... although can't hang your hat on it.

You can easily discount his last run over 20f in heavy behind Santini... doesn't want Heavy or that far at this stage....

So there is the niggly one where he lost behind Claimintakinforgan - but I've just watched that back and he's just too keen... blew his chance IMO and still wasn't beaten THAT FAR....

The saying goes you can forgive ONE BAD RUN.... in this case, I am going to forgive TWO, and add him each way at the riskier 50/1
        Good shout and case made. Have to say I had forgotten about the horse recently. 50/1 definitely too big.
        I'm happy enough with my position in this race and I have Slate House covered at 16/1 Any Race from earlier in the year anyway but if I was coming into this race fresh right now, i'd certainly be adding this

Comment

• I do remember (sand could find) a part from myself where I was CONVINCED this horse had been purchased with a festival win in mind.

He was expensive and the one Joe mentioned pre season as of to follow.

Obviously that isn't solid enough to go on but the price doesn't respect those thoughts

Comment

I do remember (sand could find) a part from myself where I was CONVINCED this horse had been purchased with a festival win in mind.

He was expensive and the one Joe mentioned pre season as of to follow.

Obviously that isn't solid enough to go on but the price doesn't respect those thoughts
            Every horse has been bought with a festival win in mind. He's the only horse joe tizzard bought himself and purchased of his own back from Tom Malone without permission from his dad. And at that time he owned him himself.
            Last edited by Scooby91; 23 February 2018, 06:16 AM.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Every horse has been bought with a festival win in mind. He's the only horse joe tizzard bought himself and purchased of his own back from Tom Malone without permission from his dad. And at that time he owned him himself.
              What an incredibly pedantic point to make. You know what I meant. After his first win Colin tizzard specifically said the owners bought him with Cheltenham in mind this season.

That is a statement that you don't get with every horse.

Comment

What an incredibly pedantic point to make. You know what I meant. After his first win Colin tizzard specifically said the owners bought him with Cheltenham in mind this season.

That is a statement that you don't get with every horse.
                Must admit I had to Google pedantic.

Might be just me but I genuinely think 95% of horses would be bought with Cheltenham in mind. Certainly the case with myself. And I can't pay upper tier on the likes of slate house. At that price you almost expect it rightly or wrongly.
                Last edited by Scooby91; 23 February 2018, 06:54 AM.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  Must admit I had to Google pedantic.

Might be just me but I genuinely think 95% of horses would be bought with Cheltenham in mind. Certainly the case with myself. And I can't pay upper tier on the likes of slate house. At that price you almost expect it rightly or wrongly.
                  For the money, I'd agree.

Not 95% of the time connections would say it on debut. I remember it being quite bold which is why it stuck out.

It actually has no impact on the horses chances at all though because the horse doesn't know how much he was haha

Comment

• If the cap fits out of cheltenham!

Comment

• I just heard that If The Cap Fits misses Cheltenham!

Comment

• That's a disappointing one for me!

Comment

• http://www.harryfryracing.com/news/2...isappointment/ ... confirmed

Comment

• Yeah, just seen this, was my best British hope, Getabird with a clear run wins now IMO!

Comment

• Ffs. Worst result of the festival for me so far

Comment

• I made a note in my diary today. It simply said "Bollocks"

Comment

Working...
                                X