Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Win Any Race 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't looked at oddschecker today Faugheen , i imagined the bookies would be running scared after her win,
    they don't usually hesitate to cut the prices .
    I haven't got any "any race" bets myself , prefer to bet for a specific race .

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Do any bookies other than Hills, SkyBet and Paddy Power have this market available?
      Not that I've seen and I do check quite often.

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
      I just saw that skybet have Fayonagh at 5-2 any race , Tempt anyone ?. following her win yesterday .
      Doesn't tempt me. The 'key' to this any race market is finding horses that'd be shorter no matter which race they turned up in, and 5/2 would only look like a 'good SP' in my opinion in the mares novice race... if she was in the Supreme or Neptune you'd fancy she'd be around that, if not bigger anyway. Obviously it adds a little security, but given quotes I'd be confident of the target so far, and therefore take twice the price as a bit of a gamble.

I am trying to use this market for novice hurdlers more than I ever have before, and think that bookies may be a little slower in updating it than they are for the actual markets... so we'll have to see how that plays out throughout the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Not that I've seen and I do check quite often.

Doesn't tempt me. The 'key' to this any race market is finding horses that'd be shorter no matter which race they turned up in, and 5/2 would only look like a 'good SP' in my opinion in the mares novice race... if she was in the Supreme or Neptune you'd fancy she'd be around that, if not bigger anyway. Obviously it adds a little security, but given quotes I'd be confident of the target so far, and therefore take twice the price as a bit of a gamble.

I am trying to use this market for novice hurdlers more than I ever have before, and think that bookies may be a little slower in updating it than they are for the actual markets... so we'll have to see how that plays out throughout the season.
        I think it's a great market for novice hurdlers this year. I've got a pt on samcro, blow by blow, lucky pass, pym, debuchet and ok corral any race (also got more on samcro for neptune), all at 10/1 plus, and when those slot in to their races ahead of the festival it gives great cover

Comment

footpad holds value at 16/1 In this market imo.
          Goes novice chasing. The jlt would look their trip, and footpad is shorter than that in the outright market. However if a novice dosent make the very top grade, which I believe he will. There's plenty of novice and handicap chases at the festival to fall back on.

Sutton place at 14/1 who also goes novice chasing Would fall into the same bracket, think 2 1/2 is his trip although je woild vertainly get 3 miles. i expect him to make a smashing chaser, is sound and set to be out im the next few weeks. imo he would be shorter than that for the stayers hurdle if needed.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I can't get the 33s so I will have to leave for now. But SAM BROWN would also interest me in this market. He's a stayer 2m4+ and is being aimed at the challow hurdle. Where he may later step up in trip. His bumper form is excellent beating the Aintree bumper winner lalor amongst others. He would remind me of barters hill at this stage. Will be interesting to see how he jumps a hurdle. And being with fergal obrien he may go under the radar, as he steps up in grade.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

WH are 12s for Annamix any race, and he is 10s for the Supreme in places.... for anyone thinking of getting on that talking horse, no reason not to back in this market really... as the Neptune MIGHT come in to the reckoning...

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                footpad holds value at 16/1 In this market imo.
                Goes novice chasing. The jlt would look their trip, and footpad is shorter than that in the outright market. However if a novice dosent make the very top grade, which I believe he will. There's plenty of novice and handicap chases at the festival to fall back on.
                Good spot on this price for Footpad. (PP 16s any race).
                Shorter in the betting where quoted all over.

I am tempted to have 1 pt on. His best run was the fast finishing 2nd to Petit Mouchoir in Ireland over 2m, but he didn't try the intermediate trip and they stepped him up for a crack at UNWIMH (where he was soundly beaten 18L)

The only thing holding me back is, I am not sure he'd be much shorter or up to winning on any of his form so far... the JLT quotes look a terrible price, and 16s any race might only look value, but not be? Not sure that makes sense but I am in a rush

Comment

Do any bookies other than Hills, SkyBet and Paddy Power have this market available?
                  Betfair offer this market as well

Comment

I hope Samcro runs sooner rather than later. He is my biggest single bet so far and the 10/1 WAR is tempting me still.

Comment

I have got Samcro at 14,12 and 10s any race aswell in multiples. And also chipping away for Neptune at 16s so fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                        I have got Samcro at 14,12 and 10s any race aswell in multiples. And also chipping away for Neptune at 16s so fingers crossed.
                        Similar to me GB - I have more on him than any other horse when I factor in the multiples

Comment

Similar to me GB - I have more on him than any other horse when I factor in the multiples
                          Me too, got to the point now when I think I should aim my free bets elsewhere, but then just keep going back to Samcro. Hoping for a nice first run

Comment

He reminds me so much of Faugheen. I just hope he takes to hurdles.

Comment

If he is half the horse should be interesting

Comment

He reminds me so much of Faugheen. I just hope he takes to hurdles.
                                If he can kick them down as well as Faugheen we're on to a winner.

Bit of devils advocate though ... his bumper form? Are we getting excited over hype ?

Comment

Working...
                                X