Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win and EW singles and multiples – full cash refund If a horse is nominated for multiple races

What exactly does this mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Win and EW singles and multiples – full cash refund If a horse is nominated for multiple races

What exactly does this mean?
      That’s two different clauses.

“4: Win and EW Singles and multiples - full cash refund

5: If a horse is nominated for multiple races, cash refunds won’t be made until final decalratikns of final races that they’re nominated in”

Ie if you are 100% sure of target, lump on and you get cash back if they miss the Fez. If they make the festival and you pick the wrong race. No refund.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
        That’s two different clauses.

“4: Win and EW Singles and multiples - full cash refund

5: If a horse is nominated for multiple races, cash refunds won’t be made until final decalratikns of final races that they’re nominated in”

Ie if you are 100% sure of target, lump on and you get cash back if they miss the Fez. If they make the festival and you pick the wrong race. No refund.
        Thanks Leman - that makes sense now

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Cheltenham Festival Non Runner Insurance

Money back If your horse does not run at Cheltenham Festival.

Terms and conditions*

Full Terms

Customers who have been informed that they do not qualify for William Hill offers and concessions will not qualify for this offer.

Money back in cash if your horse misses the festival.Online and retail.Applies to bets placed from 8am on 06/01/18.Win and EW singles and multiples – full cash refundIf a horse is nominated for multiple races, cash refunds won’t be made until final declarations in final race that they’re nominated inNo stake limits.William Hill reserves the right to limit the eligibility of customers to participate in these promotions.We reserve the right to cancel or amend this promotion at any time and without prior notice.

T&Cs apply. Applies to bets placed from 8am on 06/01/18. Selected markets only.
          It's now come up on staff screens in shop under the betting In each chelt market. In small t&cs, Head office at wh genuinely know nothing about it or understood it when they were asked until I copy and pasted what you put up

I wonder how many people throw there slips away having been told nothing.
          Last edited by Scooby91; 6 January 2018, 03:56 PM.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• does this apply in shops?

I have my doubts because of this line - Customers who have been informed that they do not qualify for William Hill offers and concessions will not qualify for this offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              does this apply in shops?

I have my doubts because of this line - Customers who have been informed that they do not qualify for William Hill offers and concessions will not qualify for this offer.
              It is in shops now where I am but genuinely only since I copied kevs message. If you do in shop get them to write it on the slip and initial it at the bottom to save a hassle when collecting.

Iv had that problem before when diddnt check emails and had no idea I diddnt qualify for certain offers when placing bets online.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 6 January 2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Like you said earlier Scooby - anyone thinking about going round the shops needs to get it in written on their betting slips.

Comment

• Just tried to 'discuss it' on the online chat. Wasted 10 minutes as the lady told me about the only ante post refunds being when a horse is balloted out and I should cheek my bets more carefully!

Got my back up so I posted the same terms and conditions as above that she wasn't aware of. She apologised so that's fine but then got cut off.

In fairness I might have wasted 6 pts on 3 singles today but should have read the full terms sc las they are ambiguous still.

I'll try and get two of them voided when I have more time

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    My mrs is manager at hills and goes to work in a couple of hours I'll ask her to ring up whilst in shop. Be interested to see what the case is.
                    Would be worth a trip out of town for me. I'd make them write in on the slip and initial it at the bottom if it is the case in shop.
                    They have to pay out that way.
                    I put a couple of bets on today at hills and they did'nt mention n.r.n.b and the prices had'nt been lowered ????, be interested to
                    hear what you find out scooby

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                      I put a couple of bets on today at hills and they did'nt mention n.r.n.b and the prices had'nt been lowered ????, be interested to
                      hear what you find out scooby
                      Staff were told nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Just tried to 'discuss it' on the online chat. Wasted 10 minutes as the lady told me about the only ante post refunds being when a horse is balloted out and I should cheek my bets more carefully!

Got my back up so I posted the same terms and conditions as above that she wasn't aware of. She apologised so that's fine but then got cut off.

In fairness I might have wasted 6 pts on 3 singles today but should have read the full terms sc las they are ambiguous still.

I'll try and get two of them voided when I have more time
                        Really hope you do Kev, and really sorry again for putting up bogus info, did think it was odd prices didn't appear to have changed, will make sure I read the T&C properly (or copy amd paste them) before posting similar again

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                          Really hope you do Kev, and really sorry again for putting up bogus info, did think it was odd prices didn't appear to have changed, will make sure I read the T&C properly (or copy amd paste them) before posting similar again
                          Nothing to apologise for.

I actually want to keep one live haha

Comment

• On the opposite side of things , when i have placed an antepost bet with Betfred , the guy has said clearly before you part with
                            the dough , " you know that if this horse doesn't run you don't get your money back ".

Comment

• Had a feel to do an ante-post Heinz after much time without an antepost flutter.
                              Apples Jade - Mares 10/11 (easiest pick, outstanding mare will keep on doing yhe mares jjst as Annie power did for dead certain prize money, bar any falls)
                              Samcro - 2/1 ballymore (can u be more impressive? Every trainer wanting to avoid... Ricci contemplated when asked if he would swap the almighty Douvan as a novie for samcro... he thought about it and couldnt get his words out... hes special)
                              Coney Island - Gold Cup 8/1(no stand out, might bite does not look good enough to me as he lookd lackluster in the King George)
                              Benie Des Dieux (NRNB)- Ryanair 14/1 (Mullins and Ricci will target this race just to piss o leary off seeing as they sponsor, if she goes she will win)
                              Footpad - Arkle 7/4 (rediculous jumping at present)
                              Willoughby Court(spring ground, cheltenham form) - JLT 8/1

Comment

• Originally posted by lukemouaj View Post
                                Had a feel to do an ante-post Heinz after much time without an antepost flutter.
                                Apples Jade - Mares 10/11 (easiest pick, outstanding mare will keep on doing yhe mares jjst as Annie power did for dead certain prize money, bar any falls)
                                Samcro - 2/1 ballymore (can u be more impressive? Every trainer wanting to avoid... Ricci contemplated when asked if he would swap the almighty Douvan as a novie for samcro... he thought about it and couldnt get his words out... hes special)
                                Coney Island - Gold Cup 8/1(no stand out, might bite does not look good enough to me as he lookd lackluster in the King George)
                                Benie Des Dieux (NRNB)- Ryanair 14/1 (Mullins and Ricci will target this race just to piss o leary off seeing as they sponsor, if she goes she will win)
                                Footpad - Arkle 7/4 (rediculous jumping at present)
                                Willoughby Court(spring ground, cheltenham form) - JLT 8/1
                                Milly maker I just put on tonight =

Footpad
                                Apples Jade
                                Samcro
                                Monalee
                                Cause of Causes
                                Willoughby Court
                                Cracking Smart

Comment

Working...
                                X