Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
    Nowhere to put this question so thought i'd stick it here. Whats the grandstand like at Haydock? Looking at booking a couple of tickets for me and a mate for Betfair day!
    Not sure Ryan.... .I am going though.

Did you get the 50% off with the Betfair code? 'BTF2017' I think it was/is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Not sure Ryan.... .I am going though.

Did you get the 50% off with the Betfair code? 'BTF2017' I think it was/is?
      Thats the one im looking at yeah Kev

Comment

• Anyone got any news on Robin Roe

Comment

• Skelton said in Twitter he was back doing light exercise but didn't know when he'd be on a race track again.

Comment

Anyone got any news on Robin Roe
            Stating the obvious, but a shame for the owners that he lost his novice status 1st time up.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Stating the obvious, but a shame for the owners that he lost his novice status 1st time up.
              They should have a rule where he could drop back in to novice... with a doctor's note? Like repeating a year in school.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                Nowhere to put this question so thought i'd stick it here. Whats the grandstand like at Haydock? Looking at booking a couple of tickets for me and a mate for Betfair day!
                It's ok Ryan, fairly basic, but ok. Haydock is a flat tight course so viewing is pretty good wherever you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  It's ok Ryan, fairly basic, but ok. Haydock is a flat tight course so viewing is pretty good wherever you are.
                  Cheers FM. I dont need much, a bookie and food and im set

Comment

• Had a speculative few ££ on
                    Claimantakinforgan supreme
                    100.0 his bumper form is good, his ptp reads well and Nicky dosent like stepping them up in trip until he has to.

Western Ryder supreme 80.0
                    Again solid bumper form, has schooled very well over hirsles, stays well something you need in the supreme novice, he also could go out in trip, but at this stage don't think he needs to,
                    not a fan of greatrex but at 80.0 he's over priced.

Comment

Had a speculative few ££ on
                      100.0 his bumper form is good, his ptp reads well and Nicky dosent like stepping them up in trip until he has to.

Again solid bumper form, has schooled very well over hirsles, stays well something you need in the supreme novice, he also could go out in trip, but at this stage don't think he needs to,
                      Ista might know the plan for Western Ryder?
                      I assumed up in trip?

One of the forum's fav's good old Western Ryder

Comment

I assumed up in trip?

Starts over 2.

Comment

I assumed up in trip?

Starts over 2. Out in next 2 weeks

Comment

Had a speculative few ££ on

At the huge prices they are worth a small punt but I'm not sure either will run in the Supreme. Best of luck though as you'll probably get a trade out of them as they'll no doubt win some races early doors.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                              At the huge prices they are worth a small punt but I'm not sure either will run in the Supreme. Best of luck though as you'll probably get a trade out of them as they'll no doubt win some races early doors.
                              Not about these 2 horses in particular, but slick hurdling can far out weigh pace shown in bumpers. If you look at the form of buveur dair/ altior in theyre bumpers they were above average but diddnt show deadly speed, they did however stay on at the end of their races.
                              they're jumping as a novice was imaccculate, even champagne fever who won the Cheltenham bumper, won the supreme by staying on better than jezki/ mtoy. Great ride by ruby in that case.

Comment

Not about these 2 horses in particular, but slick hurdling can far out weigh pace shown in bumpers. If you look at the form of buveur dair/ altior in theyre bumpers they were above average but diddnt show deadly speed, they did however stay on at the end of their races.
                                they're jumping as a novice was imaccculate, even champagne fever who won the Cheltenham bumper, won the supreme by staying on better than jezki/ mtoy. Great ride by ruby in that case.
                                Fair point but I'd personally look for horses that travel better myself as I think you need a combination of both in the Supreme.

And it was a Ruby masterclass on Champagne Fever indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X