Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the risk of getting my account closed down.... I am considering an each way double on BvD 4/1 and Apples Jade 3/1 at 1/4 the odds for day one....

Targets confirmed now for both and I cannot see either out of the frame.... (19/1 the double)...... not placed yet but lining it up!

Have placed 1 pt e/w with betunfair on Nichols Canyon (Stayers) and Fayonagh (mares novice) at 55/1 for the Thusday.....

Comment

• Payday came...

2pt double CoC and Buveur D'air 39/1
      1pt treble CoC, Fayonagh and Apples Jade 175/1
      1pt treble Altior, CoC and Annamix 213/1

All aboard Cause of Causes

Comment

• Has Elliott confirmed the target for Apples Jade then Kevloaf

Comment

• Originally posted by paz247 View Post
          Has Elliott confirmed the target for Apples Jade then Kevloaf

Got it from this

Comment

• Brilliant, thanks Kev

Comment

• Took the plunge today on Finian's oscar - Arkle -16-1 betfred., also Constantine bay - R.S.A chase -25-1 .

Comment

• There might be a million good reasons for Might Bite to run at Haydock in the Betfair Chase, but Nicky Henderson is open-minded where one of the... Read More

The £1 million bonus is very commendable and the point of it being there is to attract the King George horses – you can't win it if you don't win the first leg, so everyone is going to want to turn up at Haydock and we could, as the Betfair Chase has its attractions, but I'm not convinced it's the best place for him to start.

"This horse might just be better suited to having, if possible, an easier preparation race for the King George, rather than what is likely to be a very tough race at Haydock.

"He does have his idiosyncrasies and maybe it's not the right road in if we can find an easier introduction, but it's a possibility and he looks unbelievable and Toby [Lawes, assistant] says he feels great.

MB really does look amazingly well!! (on the left, Altior on the right)

Last edited by jono; 24 September 2017, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Cautious Henderson probably going to skip Haydock then with Might Bite - you can see why he wouldn't want Might Bite's first run in open company to be against the reigning Gold Cup winner. Disappointing as an early season treat.

It gives me more confidence in his King George bid though, that 100% is THE target.... it is actually putting me off him for the Gold Cup. Silvi Conti didn't like Cheltenham and was a top stayer, and that might just be the thing with Might Bite. Impossible to say he likes Cheltenham on what we'e seen so far in his career isn't it?

A KG/GC back-to-lay might be how I start approaching him in my Gold Cup bid. I love the horse but trying to read between the lines and this doesn't look like being a sub-standard Gold Cup by any stretch.

Comment

• I've jumped in on Finians Oscar - Any Race @ 6's...

On the face of it - it's not great value... BUT...

1) It's a Free Bet
                    2) The race that I THINK he SHOULD run in, is the JLT - for which I could have got 7's (so not much difference)
                    3) On the basis of discussions elsewhere in the forum - if he ends up going for the "easier" option of the Arkle (and assuming that he makes the festival safe and sound) - I still get a run for my money. (currently 16's for the Arkle)

It takes the guess-work out of things and if he lined up for the Arkle, it is likely that he will be much shorter than the 6's on offer.

(He still has to jump a fence in public, but hey... it's a Free Bet!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Cautious Henderson probably going to skip Haydock then with Might Bite - you can see why he wouldn't want Might Bite's first run in open company to be against the reigning Gold Cup winner. Disappointing as an early season treat.

It gives me more confidence in his King George bid though, that 100% is THE target.... it is actually putting me off him for the Gold Cup. Silvi Conti didn't like Cheltenham and was a top stayer, and that might just be the thing with Might Bite. Impossible to say he likes Cheltenham on what we'e seen so far in his career isn't it?

A KG/GC back-to-lay might be how I start approaching him in my Gold Cup bid. I love the horse but trying to read between the lines and this doesn't look like being a sub-standard Gold Cup by any stretch.
                      As i said earlier in this thread Kev, I'd not be surprised if nicky henderson skipped haydock .
                      Might Bite will still have to take on Sizing John and the big guns in the King george anyway,
                      But i do agree that this is probably the Target race , and i suppose if he wins, then the
                      Gold cup will be the next big target.
                      I think your'e a bit harsh on M.b's cheltenham record though , 4 runs with 2 wins including an
                      R.S.A chase is surely good form .
                      On your last point , 100 % agree , Anything But a substandard renewal of the Gold cup .

Comment

• It is the RSA chase win that shows just how little he likes Cheltenham though? He won because he is superior, in spite of the track for me. At Kempton I would expect him to put double figures between Whisper and his backside?

I've fully got myself back in the Our Duke camp

Sizing John has no love yet does he, unbeaten over 3m, has speed and battling qualities.... must be a price thing as I keep overlooking him!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Got it from this
                          Probably should have listened to this before backing blow by blow in the neptune

Comment

• I think the triple crown is as hard as it is ever going to get this year, even if MB doesn't turn up to Haydock (which is sounding more likely now) then Sizing John has to push Bristol De Mai to one side, who absolutely loves it at this venue, and can see him being a big player as likely this will be his target race for the season.

Assuming Sizing John has won the Betfair Chase he has to likely overcome both Thistlecrack & MB at Kempton, can't see that happening at all, different track to both Cheltenham & Punchestown, a lot flatter, something that I don't think will benefit SJ at all.

Even if that man mountain has been climbed the GC is again no shoo-in for any horse! 33/1 is a ludicrous price for any horse to win 3 of the hardest races in the country in the same season!

Comment

• Hi folks, not been posting very much but got my antepost bets sorted out.

Mentioned before that ive had a max bet on Annamix (supreme) and Samcro (any race), Ive also done a max bet on Stay Humble for the Champion Bumper and Apples Shikira in the Triumph, Also done a bit of crazy £5ew yankee on the four which if it landed would mean an early retirement!!! lol what can go wrong!!!!

Im done now for antepost bets until horses show their well being on the course.

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                                Hi folks, not been posting very much but got my antepost bets sorted out.

Mentioned before that ive had a max bet on Annamix (supreme) and Samcro (any race), Ive also done a max bet on Stay Humble for the Champion Bumper and Apples Shikira in the Triumph, Also done a bit of crazy £5ew yankee on the four which if it landed would mean an early retirement!!! lol what can go wrong!!!!

Im done now for antepost bets until horses show their well being on the course.
                                I have three of those in an each way yankee, with Topofthegame replacing Annamix.

.....we can dream Billy.

Comment

Working...
                                X