Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Last edited by Kevloaf; Today at 02:27 AM."

Nothing beats a good drunken antepost bet..

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
      "Last edited by Kevloaf; Today at 02:27 AM."

Nothing beats a good drunken antepost bet..
      Hahaha I had an absolute stormer on the flat, treated 'the wife' (still not used to saying that) and carried on drinking long in to the night - actually quite pleased with how normal those bets are

Comment

• Haha solid drubk bets those Kev. Might aswell round it to 10pts and have a 1.5pt double on Cause of Causes and Buveur D'air at 49/1.

Comment

• Has Gordon Elliot said somewhere that Cause of Causes is definitely going to the cross country before the National as he has dropped from 8/1 to 11/2 on Betfair?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vautour View Post
            Has Gordon Elliot said somewhere that Cause of Causes is definitely going to the cross country before the National as he has dropped from 8/1 to 11/2 on Betfair?
            I read that Jamie Codd has said that the Cross Country is the main target this season and that he won't be going to Aintree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              I read that Jamie Codd has said that the Cross Country is the main target this season and that he won't be going to Aintree.
              In which case the 9s at bet365 I think is very generous

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                In which case the 9s at bet365 I think is very generous
                Agreed, seems far too big to me. Josie's Orders was half the price at the same point last season, and he got beat in the previous seasons XC.

Comment

How recently? Can you place where?

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  Agreed, seems far too big to me. Josie's Orders was half the price at the same point last season, and he got beat in the previous seasons XC.
                  At 9/1 I already am heavily invested in CoC and he must be in 33% of my multiples at this stage - I would think he is an even money shot on the day, I really really think if this target is 100% that he is an absolute banker.

You're spot on regarding the price being too big based on JO and if I see it quoted, I will make sure CoC is my biggest return of the week!

Comment

• Everybody has probably seen this already but:

Rich Ricci exclusive

Top National Hunt owner Rich Ricci gives us the latest on his stars and nominates a French import to follow in 2017/18.

Rich Ricci is delighted with the well-being of stars Faugheen, Douvan and Min as the top owner looks forward to a new generation of talent in his famous colours during the new jumps season.

Ricci, speaking exclusively to attheraces.com’s Tom Thurgood at Doncaster on Friday following Thomas Hobson’s second in the Doncaster Cup, reported that eight-time Grade 1 winner Faugheen “looks great” as the spectacular 2015 Champion Hurdle winner gears up for a belated comeback, having not raced since landing the Irish Champion Hurdle in January 2016.

Faugheen paraded at the Irish Champions Weekend and he’s in very good order,” said Ricci. “It’s great to have him back and moving well. I’d say the Morgiana, the Hatton’s Grace is the target for him.

“He’s one I’m really looking forward to getting back. It’s been two years since he ran and he was one of the best horses in training, I think the highest-rated Champion Hurdle winner or co-Champion Hurdler of all time. Even at 90% of what he was he’d be incredibly competitive this year. We’re very hopeful he’ll come back to 100% and we’ll see where we take it from there.”

Douvan lost his unbeaten record in Ricci’s silks in the 14th time of asking in the Queen Mother Champion Chase at Cheltenham in March, yet the owner believes we may see a different animal this season.

“He’s in great order. For whatever reason, he just didn’t seem to be himself last season, but he seems to be back to himself now.

“The physical problem that was bothering him all year came out in the Cheltenham race. He seems to be much happier this year and moving very well. You want a cocky Douvan with a lot of presence and he seems to have that back this year, so that’s a good sign.”

Min was unbeaten in two starts over fences last year, including the Grade 1 Racing Post Novice Chase, but injury curtailed the six-year-old’s season and a potential clash with Altior in the Arkle at the Cheltenham Festival.

“I’m very happy with Min,” said Ricci. “He’s in good order, looks great and seems to have fully recovered. He’s a horse that historically has been difficult to keep condition on, but he’s summered really, really well. He looks a picture now - he looks very strong and big, and I’m delighted with him.

“I’ve no clue where he’ll start off - I’d say one of the two-mile chases in Ireland. Maybe a second-season novice – there’s some nice second-season novices at Ascot. There’s lots of options for him.”

Ricci also shared the latest on Benie Des Dieux, a winner by 30 lengths on her debut for Willie Mullins at Limerick last December but who hasn’t been seen since.

Benie Des Dieux had a setback – it wasn’t a leg or anything that serious. She was so impressive on debut and I was looking forward to her coming back and running at Cheltenham. Of all my Christmas runners, she was the most impressive.

“She’s healthy and back and working well. She jumps like a buck and there’s a nice mares programme. Obviously, she’ll be in non-novice company but she’s a very good horse. She could be something special.”

Of the younger talent in the Ricci colours, the owner recommended looking out during the winter months out for one particular arrival from France.

“We’ve got 18 novice hurdlers – it’s the biggest novice hurdle team we’ve ever had. Three have run so far and they’ve all won.

“We’ve got some to come out, but I’d say there’s one that I like called CHACUN POUR SOI . He was very impressive in France and he could be a novice chaser this year – he’s one to keep an eye on.”

Comment

• I'll do an internet search for it but it could have been on a podcast. I've definitely seen/heard it somewhere as I put a decent bet on CoC as a result.

Comment

I'll do an internet search for it but it could have been on a podcast. I've definitely seen/heard it somewhere as I put a decent bet on CoC as a result.
                        I just found it ... after the 2nd in the national Codd said that Cheltenham and the cross country are the long term target as he'll go up in the weights after the GN run.

I've had 5 pts on and a 3pt double with Altior
                        Last edited by Kevloaf; 17 September 2017, 03:40 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

• Good man Kev, you're better than me - I couldn't find it

Comment

• Haven't invested yet - I will now, gotta take the 9/1 before it dries up

Comment

• Found this actually -

The owner's racing manager, Frank Berry, confirmed Cause Of Causes will be given a summer break before being brought back next season, when a return to Cheltenham in March will be top of his agenda.

He said: "It was an unbelievable run. The horse has run a blinder and Jamie has given him a great ride.

"There were no excuses - he was just beaten by a better horse on the day. You could only be pleased with him.

"He came there with his chance at two out and I would just say he has been outstayed. Gordon Elliott has done a wonderful job with him to keep him in great shape. That is him done for the season.

"He will probably go up a few pounds for that. We will see what happens but I would say that the cross-country race at Cheltenham will be his long-term target and then we will take it from there.

"He is a great little horse and they don't come around too often. When they do you have really got to enjoy them."

Comment

• 9/1 is a bonkers price for Cause of Causes. He has every chance in my eyes of picking up the race for the next year or two... fitness and health permitting.

March 2019 he'll have picked up his 3rd win in the race, his 5th festival win and it'll be announced the Cross Country will now be named the Cause of Causes Cross Country Chase

Comment

Working...
                                X