Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this is common knowledge yet but Yanworth goes chasing and the plan is to look at races between 2m 4f and 3M

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
      Not sure if this is common knowledge yet but Yanworth goes chasing and the plan is to look at races between 2m 4f and 3M
      Big news that, thanks billy

Comment

• I think we expected it [Yanworth], but glad to have that confirmed. I think he'll be a big player in the (extremely exciting novice chasing division) I just hope he takes to it - his hurdling technique wasn't very slick so I'll be watching dfebut with a keen interest.

I haven't lost faith after the Champion Hurdle albeit that was disappointing and his Festival record therefore isn't as strong as it could be but he did well in his final face over 3m at Aintree.

He is 7/1 with WH in the any race market. Not enough to tempt me in and in fairness he's fav in the JLT and RSA so not missed at all. Certainly too short in my opinion - even with the safety net he might not do well over a fence and come in to the Stayers reckoning.

Yanworth for the RSA surely makes the most sense though... has improved for the step up...

Comment

• Does anyone have any news in relation to the well-being of Killultagh Vic?
          I placed a (very) early AP bet on him last year for the Gold Cup (20's) before injury ruled him out for the season and SB have him priced up at 50's for the Gold Cup

His injury record worries me BUT a horse that has (/had) potential and one that I like...

Comment

Not sure if this is common knowledge yet but Yanworth goes chasing and the plan is to look at races between 2m 4f and 3M
            2m 4f horse in my view.

Comment

• Anybody heard anything about Epicuris (5th behind Golden Horn in Derby ) going to Wille's yard?

Comment

• Haven't heard anything Paz, he would be an interesting recruit though.

Comment

• Wasn't he quoted for some of the races at Cheltenham last year? I have a very vague glimmer that he was in the list... that doesn't seem right though

Comment

• I was lucky to have a quick chat with Nicky Henderson last week and he said that he couldn't believe how well Might bite had done over the summer. Nothing is set in stone but they are looking at trying to get him to Haydock and as such would be in line for the £1m bonus should he win. After the conversation I contacted 365 and got them to price him up for the market and they gave 50/1. I think that's a pretty fair price and Ive taken that. I don't see why a speed track like Haydock will be a big problem for him and I really like the look of that bet at that price now we know its Plan A

Comment

• Excellent work Billymag , that is very useful info. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

I was lucky to have a quick chat with Nicky Henderson last week and he said that he couldn't believe how well Might bite had done over the summer. Nothing is set in stone but they are looking at trying to get him to Haydock and as such would be in line for the £1m bonus should he win. After the conversation I contacted 365 and got them to price him up for the market and they gave 50/1. I think that's a pretty fair price and Ive taken that. I don't see why a speed track like Haydock will be a big problem for him and I really like the look of that bet at that price now we know its Plan A
                        Yeah thanks for sharing that billy - music to my ears hearing that. I've already got a couple of points on Might Bite for the Triple Crown at 40/1 thinking that was a good price so i've added a couple more points at the 50/1 .

All fit and well I fully expect to see Might Bite lining up in the Gold Cup with the £1m bonus up for grabs...(though I expect Cheltenham to be by far the toughest test for him)

Comment

• It makes loads of sense to me to take that 50/1. I agree Haydock should suit and we know Kempton does. If he has two legs in the bag they can't have him at anywhere near the price he is now and you're in a smashing position.

I already had 0.5 points on but have just added 1 pt at 50/1 now. Thanks billy

Comment

• Really looking forward to seeing Mite Bite back on track, relishing a clash between him and Our Duke 👏🏻

Comment

• I've also had a little nibble at 50/1. Thanks for the info Billy

Comment

• I hadn't had an antepost bet for next season until today, decided to have a play with 2pts on that 50/1 about Might Bite. I really fancy him for the KG, his time last year would've been phenomenal but for the fall and I think the 5s about him for that is big. Now knowing the Betfair is plan A I think he has a big big chance on the speed track at Haydock and he can go and wing every fence. That leaves the big one, I think itll be a huge test for MB but should he win the first 2 he's gonna be a fairly short price in March. At worst you can lay off for a free bet. Great price I think. Cheers Billy

Comment

Working...
                                X