Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a sneak they'll aim higher for C of C.
    He's arguably improved since his 4m win, at the very least the 3m handicap is a live target but with stamina his forte I wouldn't be surprised to see him aim at the blue ribband, and being owned by JP you'd expect him to fire a few darts at the race....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      I've got a sneak they'll aim higher for C of C.
      He's arguably improved since his 4m win, at the very least the 3m handicap is a live target but with stamina his forte I wouldn't be surprised to see him aim at the blue ribband, and being owned by JP you'd expect him to fire a few darts at the race....
      I think the Grand National will be the big aim again. Surely if he was going to be a Gold Cup horse it would have happened before now. It would be some story though if his fourth different winning race at the festival was the Gold Cup.

Comment

• You're probably right FM but they can use the Gold Cup as a stepping stone to Aintree, Mon Mone did it (the year after he won to be fair).
        He probably lacks the class the win the race but there's about £60k for finishing third, £30h for fourth and £15k for fifth.
        I could be way off mark but he'll be 10 come March and this season marks the last realistic opportunity he has for a Gold Cup tilt, I just think that's where they'll aim...

Comment

• Could happen. I think if the GN is the aim they can take in a 4th festival win (cross country) as prep.

JP has Minella Rocco and Coney island? You're absolutely right though he would fire now more than one dart

Comment

• Fayonagh.... Supreme 14/1, Mares Novice 6/1, Neptune 16/1? Any Race 4/1?

Most winners of the Punchestown Bumper have run in the Supreme but the Mares Novice wouldnb't have been an option for many?

Comment

• Apologies for my silence... I've gone a bit "cold turkey" since a bad festival (from a punting perspective) - but starting to crave contact with like minded National Hunt fans once more!
              With my small Free Bets, I've had nibbles at Cause of Causes for the X-Country (8's), Our Duke for the Gold Cup (12's) and The Worlds End for the Stayers Hurdle (14's)

Nice to see that I'm not alone with CoC and OD.

Not gone in on the double just yet - but sorely tempted.

This early, surely the only play for ANY novice is the "Any Race" market and only if the price is tempting. It's uncertain enough that they will be fit and firing in 9 months time, let alone choosing the correct race of 3 (sometimes 4) options.

I'd rather have Samcro @ 7's than Fayonagh @ 4's at this stage. (Any Race)

Comment

• Yeah I agree Leman, unfortunately there is absolutely no juice in the price of Fayonagh. She isn't even certain to go offf shorter than 4s in any of the races... Better 4/1 shots every day of the week.
                Impressive though watching her runs again... had a fairly average (and very lucky) Ascot so watched some Cheltenham to remind myself that I do sometimes know what I am doing

Going to go to Haydock 15th November for the first part of the triple crown... Hope Sizing John, Coneygree and a couple of others turn up! Bristol De Mai probably will!

I want to start putting a fortune on Buveur D'air as a single...

DDS 8/1 - 5 yo, might not have as much improvement as you'd expect, as he had a lot of runs... respected but might go chasing anyway!
                Faugheen - 10/1 - won't run again
                Yorkhill - far from a certain runner (although I think he will) but if he doesn't, next in the betting is Annie Power (already retired) haha
                Apples Jade - Will not be going here.... Mares or Stayers for sure.
                Neon Wolf (Chasing), Limini (Not up to this level... mares), Min (Already gone chasing... not sure to come back), Melon (Wasn't a standout novice hurdler and might go chasing)...
                I can't think of anything else ... Charli Parcs was exciting to me but I'd want to see that before I got excited again, would need a lot of improvement
                Cilaos Emery 25/1 ... Won at punchestown, reversing supreme form with Melon.... I mean, nothing to go over board about

Haven't backed as a single, as he won't be shortening until October... but I want to

Comment

• I think The any race bet is where I will use my free bets for a while

I've requested odds because I can't find any but I would think Getabird will be around the 12s mark for any race

Given what an overwhelming favouriye for the bumper he was turning out to be will this not become a novice race hot pot?

Another horse I've seen in the market is OK Corral, came second in a punchestown bumper to Yorkhill two years ago, off the track before cantering to a novice win in May. Wears green and gold so a potential handicap surprise?

Kevloaf - any worry about Arctic Fire?
                  Last edited by Hurricane fly; 26 June 2017, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Haha long way off to be thinking about handicap surprises... the green and gold are always overbet in such races anyway.... (Can't wait for De Name Escapes Me to run again!)

I didn't go down to 33/1 ... but Arctic Fire would actually interest me more than any above.

A previous closing 2nd to Faugheen, come back and peak at Cheltenham again to win the County off top weight? Interesting indeed...

Comment

• At 33s I've put a little(and I mean a little) on him e/w. Assuming he wins his reappearance he will be 1/3rd the price.

I got a little giddy win when Mulljns mentioned the flat as a possibility, no doubt in my mind he would have destroyed the gold cup

Comment

• Collected my Ascot winning's today, and put it all on might bite to win the Gold cup .Bet/fred's shaking in his boot's now !!.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                          Collected my Ascot winning's today, and put it all on might bite to win the Gold cup .Bet/fred's shaking in his boot's now !!.
                          Each way I hope?

Comment

• Good luck BC - you'll have a interesting run for your money that's for sure.

Have connections said if MB is targeting the £1m bonus?

Comment

• Just watched the Champion Hurdle again (probably for the 20th time) and took a little bit more of the 4/1 Buveur D'air.

I simply can't resist!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                Just watched the Champion Hurdle again (probably for the 20th time) and took a little bit more of the 4/1 Buveur D'air.

I simply can't resist!!
                                I keep thinking the exact same thing... yet haven't taken the single. I keep putting something else in with it.

If Yorkhill / Min don't revert to hurdles (both odds against to do so?) then I can't see how he will be any bigger than 6/4 on the day. It's not been a deep division for absolutely ages and still isn't. Backing it up at Aintree was the icing on the cake for me, beat the same horse and that horse couldn't be a better gauge for that race (with 4x 2nds) - I'll start slowly chipping away. (How many pts you on so far?)

Comment

Working...
                                X