Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ricksen1 View Post
    I think this years Gold Cup could well be te most open in many many years.
    I have two fancies. Both at bigger prices
    Definitely Red. I believe that if this was trained by Mullins, Henderson or Elliot then it'd be a 6/1 shot. Jumps like a stag. Gutsy and can settle anywhere in a field. I'm on at 25,s down to 16,s.
    Total Recall. I'm of the opinion that this guy probably didn't have the Gold Cup as his target at the start of this campaign. However I'm thinking that his trainer, who might just know the time of day, has though that due to the openness of the field he should take his chance. I'm on at 33,s down to 16,s.
    Any thoughts amigos??
    I do NOT think Total Recall can win a Gold Cup... his best ever performance puts him behind Whisper on collateral form and Whisper couldn't beat Might Bite. Every horse has his price, but mI'd want 50/1 to win and 66/1 e/w

I DO think Definitely Red has a chance in the Gold Cup. Not one I have backed, and not one I think I would back at this stage as I'm already 'pot-commited' ... but he does have the tools to win the race.

Total Recall to beat Definitely Red in a photo? Evens

Comment

• Originally posted by ricksen1 View Post
      I think this years Gold Cup could well be te most open in many many years.
      I have two fancies. Both at bigger prices
      Definitely Red. I believe that if this was trained by Mullins, Henderson or Elliot then it'd be a 6/1 shot. Jumps like a stag. Gutsy and can settle anywhere in a field. I'm on at 25,s down to 16,s.
      Total Recall. I'm of the opinion that this guy probably didn't have the Gold Cup as his target at the start of this campaign. However I'm thinking that his trainer, who might just know the time of day, has though that due to the openness of the field he should take his chance. I'm on at 33,s down to 16,s.
      Any thoughts amigos??
      I have backed Total Recall for this and the Grand National. Of course I would settle for one. His biggest plus relative to the others is that he has improved and also had an untroubled passage through to the race. It wasn't a great race last year and it isn't this year. If you wish you can pick holes in everything. Total Recall probably needs to find about a stone but I don't think that is impossible. I wouldn't put a line through Bachasson either although I would have preferred him in the Ryanair where his stamina was confirmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
        I have backed Total Recall for this and the Grand National. Of course I would settle for one. His biggest plus relative to the others is that he has improved and also had an untroubled passage through to the race. It wasn't a great race last year and it isn't this year. If you wish you can pick holes in everything. Total Recall probably needs to find about a stone but I don't think that is impossible. I wouldn't put a line through Bachasson either although I would have preferred him in the Ryanair where his stamina was confirmed.
        One of my "issues" with Total Recall was his pulling last time out. If he did that again he couldn't complete a Gold Cup let alone win it.

I've seen the point made a stronger pace will allow him to settle which is true, but I do think it is a concern.

It'd be aconcern in the National too, as they go so slow after the first couple.

Bachasson should be in the Ryanair. What are the chances the owners have two decent horses and both should be against each other... sods law.... but why not have a crack at the Gold Cup I guess, when UDS has the Ryanair favourtism slot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          One of my "issues" with Total Recall was his pulling last time out. If he did that again he couldn't complete a Gold Cup let alone win it.

I've seen the point made a stronger pace will allow him to settle which is true, but I do think it is a concern.

It'd be aconcern in the National too, as they go so slow after the first couple.

Bachasson should be in the Ryanair. What are the chances the owners have two decent horses and both should be against each other... sods law.... but why not have a crack at the Gold Cup I guess, when UDS has the Ryanair favourtism slot.
          Yes, it was crazy he could do that and still win what was a pretty decent race of its type.

Too late now but I will go back and look at his chase runs as I don't remember anything similar.

I would think Native River has to try and push the pace a little more than he did last year. It would be disappointing if they all ended up in a heap again, unless of course Total Recall was on the front end of it!

I would take Bachasson over Un De Sceaux but I am pretty hopeful Cue Card will do that job.

Comment

• I'm in agreement that the GC is looking very open this year, I keep nibbling at Double Shuffle, it looks to me like going up in trip could be the making of him and looks a huge price at 40's. Beating non stayers in a bog elevates NR to 6's, Might Bites foibles are dismissed at 3's, Sizing John flops in the Lexus, 6's, Our Duke puts in a reasonable effort in heavy to just get the better of a novice 8's, second in a King George (usually regarded as a premier GC trial), that being his first try at 3m and definitely not stopping, with a bit more use made he could have been closer.. leaves DS an outsider, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
            Sizing John connections took a while to realise that he needed a trip having spent a while following Douvan and others around over shorter trips.

Comment

• Think Ruby said of level weights Total Recall would find it tough In gold cup .Im liking Our Duke . I still think he is a 170+ horse and the Gold Cup distance and better ground will play to his strengths . Good performance last time

Comment

• What you all make of Summerville boy . Could he win a supreme or is getabird the good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baazzaa View Post
                  Think Ruby said of level weights Total Recall would find it tough In gold cup .Im liking Our Duke . I still think he is a 170+ horse and the Gold Cup distance and better ground will play to his strengths . Good performance last time
                  Nobody better than Walsh for stating the obvious. Total Recall will find it difficult but it is fair to assume some of the others will as well. I think it is also fair to assume he would be better placed to pass an opinion had he been riding these horses.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                    Nobody better than Walsh for stating the obvious. Total Recall will find it difficult but it is fair to assume some of the others will as well. I think it is also fair to assume he would be better placed to pass an opinion had he been riding these horses.
                    True . I met him once at the airport heading to royal ascot . He tipped rip van over goldikova, I told him he was nuts .

Comment

• Eoline jolie triumph. £28 at 200.0
                      Last edited by Scooby91; 1 March 2018, 01:00 PM.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        Eoline jolie triumph. £28 at 200.0
                        Know much about her scooby? I’ve just had a little bit at 85. Can afford to be wrong at that price..

Comment

• Oh bugger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron View Post
                            Oh bugger.
                            That was a reply to a post I now can't find (ie Cracking Smart won't be taking on Samcro)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron View Post
                              That was a reply to a post I now can't find (ie Cracking Smart won't be taking on Samcro)
                              Im confused Ron?! Cracking Smart was never taking on Samcro

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
                                Know much about her scooby? I’ve just had a little bit at 85. Can afford to be wrong at that price..
                                I do but I was unsure whether she'd run, and been waiting since they paid to keep her in. Ruby says she runs.
                                They bought her at arqana and she's a lovely filly, showed a nice turn of foot on debut . I'm not saying she will win but she's deffinately in the mix.

Very nice ride of Morgan Regairaz in this race for prospective hurdlers with only one of the 13 fillies having already run over the flat. Riding Eoline Jolie (No Risk At All), he led the field away from a getaway*Vénale*(Diamond Boy), but stood still when matters got more tense in the back straight and in the last turn, to turn for the 2nd last only 7th as*La Percutante*(Saddex) was going along nicely ahead. In the run-in however, Eoline Jolie accelerated impressively to take the race by storm and pass the post*a length ahead of*La Percutante and*Queens Crystal*(Turgeon).
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 1 March 2018, 01:49 PM.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X