Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like a big run is expected from Up For Review today. Strong in the betting, even before Mall Dini's withdrawal.

Comment

• Might be about to have my first bet on the 2019 Cheltenham festival....

PP have a special on the 2019 Gold Cup

Presenting Percy 40/1
      Monalee 33/1

If one of them win the RSA.... what price do you make them in next years Gold Cup ... ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Might be about to have my first bet on the 2019 Cheltenham festival....

Presenting Percy 40/1
        Monalee 33/1

If one of them win the RSA.... what price do you make them in next years Gold Cup ... ?
        Might Bite was priced up around 12/1 after he won so I'd guess at something similar

Comment

• I am not going to spend too much time thinking about it.... but 40/1 about the RSA fav winning next years Gold CUp seems a fair price to me... (and so does 33/1 about the other joint fav)

Comment

Might be about to have my first bet on the 2019 Cheltenham festival....

Presenting Percy 40/1
            Monalee 33/1

New thread needed.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              New thread needed.....
              Good point. Done.

Does anyone know why Lydia Hislop hasn't done a "Road to Cheltenham" article since 1st Feb? I usually enjoy reading that on a Thursday...

Comment

Good point. Done.

Does anyone know why Lydia Hislop hasn't done a "Road to Cheltenham" article since 1st Feb? I usually enjoy reading that on a Thursday...
                She's been too busy reading up the " hot Tipsters " at Fat Jockey .com , and is writing up a megacolumn about Saint calvados
                and others !

Comment

• Mods - AB thread is closed?? Presume it’s an accident

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                    Mods - AB thread is closed?? Presume it’s an accident
                    It's unlocked now VF

Comment

• The next 14 days Weather forecast for cheltenham , mainly - Sunny intervals and breezy , about 4 days with some Light rain
                      possible .

Comment

• Just totted up how many pts I'd get back if I cashed out every single open bet I can on 365...... 603 pts!

I've staked 879

Be no fun in that though

Comment

Just totted up how many pts I'd get back if I cashed out every single open bet I can on 365...... 603 pts!

I've staked 879

Be no fun in that though
                          Totally agree Kev, this cash out business is asking you to gamble twice, I always look at how many targets I need to hit before my bets are covered

Comment

Just totted up how many pts I'd get back if I cashed out every single open bet I can on 365...... 603 pts!

I've staked 879

Be no fun in that though
                            Ones iv cashed out recently for profit that are short are

Min for 3x stake
                            Apples shakira effectively 11/2 winner
                            Cause of causes doubled my money
                            Mr adjudicator doubled my money
                            Stormy ireland as effectively a 4/1 winner

I'd personally expect iv made more than letting them ride . But like was just said it's a double gamble.
                            But I'm happy to take them on with others I already have and already be in profit on the races.
                            Last edited by Scooby91; 19 February 2018, 09:58 AM.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I expect to return much more than 603 pts from those open bets. I might take some the closer we get if my opinions change ...

Comment

I expect to return much more than 603 pts from those open bets. I might take some the closer we get if my opinions change ...
                                I fully expect to have trebbled my money for the whole festival by the end of the 2nd race on the Tuesday.

If I want to 're invest in any iv cashed out I expect the majority if not all, to be bigger prices on the day. With enhanced place terms.
                                I was shocked by some of the prices last year available on the day. And the plan In cashing out is to use that to my advantage.

Literally 90% of all horses now will be a bigger price on the day. And we can see which races will cut up for place terms.
                                The rest will be enhanced place terms
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 19 February 2018, 01:06 PM.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X