Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    I’m hoping that he remains shorter than the 10s I’ve got for March in the aftermath of his race today. He’s still learning so a big run in defeat wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.

I’m not too sure what I’m expecting in all honesty. I just think he’s looked like an upcoming hunter chasr who could be anything. That’s an excite recruitment to the hunter season and I’d prefer him over one on the downgrade every day of the week.

Scooby his form is somewhat irrelevant in what he’s beating because he’s having them beat with over a furlong to run in his races and winning with plenty in hand. I’m sure he could’ve put a decent distance between him and the second last time if he’d been asked. There looked to be plenty of horse left in the tank at the post.
    If he wins today should be a 7/2 < chance .
    Hes not one for me but good luck
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Few of the Potts' horses have solid chances in the big races

Fox Norton Ryanair
      Supasundae Stayers
      Sizing John GC
      ----
      Vision Des Flos Supreme
      Finian's Oscar JLT

THE IRISH THOROUGHBRED MARKETING LEADING OWNER AWARD AT THE FESTIVAL

Owner 1st 2nd 3rd
      Gigginstown House Stud 3 2 2
      J P McManus 2 2 3
      Andrea & Graham Wylie 2 - 1
      Susannah Ricci 1 1 1
      Ann & Alan Potts 1 1 -
      Paul & Clare Rooney 1 1 -

5th last year... although in terms of betting you';d be better just backing the horses

Comment

• On horses that Tizzard has put in the wrong races this season you could have a trixie: 2561/1

Vision Des Flos - Supreme (been over 2m3-5)
        Finian's Oscar - Tried at 2m chases and 3m hurdles - JLT looked most suitable all the way through
        Fox Norton - BEaten at 2m, tried at 3m, again Ryanair looked most suitable

MI Wonder what prices they'd all have been with regular campaigning
        Last edited by Kevloaf; 11 February 2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• And Elegant Escape if he chooses the RSA Kev...

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
            And Elegant Escape if he chooses the RSA Kev...
            The problem with that would be that he is STILL in the wrong race...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              If he wins today should be a 7/2 < chance .
              Hes not one for me but good luck
              Thought that was a very good effort from my fella. He will come on a bundle for that run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                Thought that was a very good effort from my fella. He will come on a bundle for that run.
                I'm not sure he'll come on a bundle, but the winner won't be there

Comment

• Tizzard coming into form! Just in time for the big 4 day event

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                    Tizzard coming into form! Just in time for the big 4 day event
                    It won't matter if he runs them in the wrong races. If vision des flos dosent run over 2m next time I'll never back a horse of his again.

Comment

• Ha Ha TimRiggins that's being my 12 weeks getting all my ante post bets ready for the Festival. I just have few bets on the first two days I be attending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                        Ha Ha TimRiggins that's being my 12 weeks getting all my ante post bets ready for the Festival. I just have few bets on the first two days I be attending.

I've plotted up in a Villa out in Tenerife the last two years with 3 mates. One couldn't make it this year, so just staying at home.

I'm done with betting until the end of month, and will just splash about on the day now.

Comment

• I hate this period... most of my ante post done, next splurge to come when handicap entries out (28th Feb?). The couple of weeks before is great for the preview nights, the several months up til February great for day-to-day building of the books, but the first 3 weeks of Feb can f*ck right off!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                            I hate this period... most of my ante post done, next splurge to come when handicap entries out (28th Feb?). The couple of weeks before is great for the preview nights, the several months up til February great for day-to-day building of the books, but the first 3 weeks of Feb can f*ck right off!
                            Haha I feel the pain! Praying along the way that there are no further issues with any of the horses too! Only 4 weeks tomorrow, but seems to drag like crazy!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                              Haha I feel the pain! Praying along the way that there are no further issues with any of the horses too! Only 4 weeks tomorrow, but seems to drag like crazy!
                              It's an anxious period! I'm searching on twitter for 'Monalee' (who i want in the RSA) and 'Yanworth' (who on reflection i probably want in the stayers) far too often

Comment

• Happy time for me 4 weeks tomorrow. Most of my bets still standing. No Handicap bets yet hopefully get a big winner on the Tuesday or Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X