Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 days at Cheltenham is an endurance test!! i live 14 miles away and have been a member for 17 years, however my last Gold Cup was imperial Commander. After 3 days drinking and how busy friday has become, some of the sparkle has been taken away from Gold Cup day. i perfectly understand people who havent been before (or those that dont drink) wanting to be there but Tuesday is the best day to go. Coupled with the fact that Wales Rugby have had a game on the saturday the last few years which i always go to, im more than happy to lounge at home on my own for friday.

Comment

• Joleg, despite being a religious attender of the festival for many years, I completely understand your point of view. In my slightly younger days (i am only 31 now) I must confessed I missed a few Gold Cup days purely because the week by that point had taken it's toll. It's not just the Tue - Thu, by the Saturday before Cheltenham most have the following week off and the wait is unbearable. If you live in Presbury like me there is a real buzz so the temptation is to just get on the sauce and not look back. Those were the days.

Despite taking a far more proactive and considered approach ante post wise, I take the racing, results and performance far more seriously now than I used to, so whilst I am happy to smash back a few drinks Tue-Fri, I avoid being plastered because I simply don't enjoy it as much.

That being said, last Friday I had Arctic Fire @ 36/1, Penhill @ 16/1 and Sizing John @ 7/1 and walked away with 5 grand so that day I ended up getting absolutely ruined!!! It is noticeably busier on Friday and I can completely understand why some would rather watch it with their feet up. Not me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        Cashed out next destination. They let you lay it off at 11/2 effectively, backed again on exchange at 10.5.

Put the spare left over on him for the surely we nrnb 14/1.

All the rest I'm leaving be.
        For which race did you cash him out for Scooby?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          For which race did you cash him out for Scooby?
          Ballymore. But backed again to win the same ammount at the 4pt bigger price.

My 33/1 bartlet is not with 365 unfortunately.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• My first Festival day was Alverton's Gold Cup in 1979. Don't think I've ever been colder on course.

From 1983 (Bregawn's Gold Cup) to 2000 I was at every Festival day bar Flakey Dove's Champion Hurdle in 1994 but 3 days (as it was then) was becoming progressively harder and the natural break of foot and mouth in 2001 set me on the course of just doing the first 2 days. We (a group of between 10 and 14) meet up on the Monday afternoon (that evening is my favourite because everyone is still level and the craic is great), have a minibus to and from the course on Tuesday and Wednesday and go home Thursday morning. About the mid 90s we moved from Members to Tatts because Members was simply not worth it. The new stand makes things better but still not convinced that Members is the best deal.

Comment

• For RUK subscribers, the half term report was aired today. Repeated at 7:30 tonight.

Not a bad watch

Comment

• Using my 18-24 racepass and Rewards4Racing points I can get a club ticket for the wednesday for £25. That's impossible to refuse right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                  Using my 18-24 racepass and Rewards4Racing points I can get a club ticket for the wednesday for £25. That's impossible to refuse right?
                  Cheltenham is impossible to refuse full stop.

Comment

• I know it’s a Mullins horse but I have a decent cash out with 365 for Next Destination for AB. What do people think? just want people’s views. As really can’t decide what to do. Keep hovering finger over cash out button and then pulling away. I have the horse for Ballymore also but not as big return.

This 365 crazy cashout value has got me torn over a few bets I must say

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                      I know it’s a Mullins horse but I have a decent cash out with 365 for Next Destination for AB. What do people think? just want people’s views. As really can’t decide what to do. Keep hovering finger over cash out button and then pulling away. I have the horse for Ballymore also but not as big return.

This 365 crazy cashout value has got me torn over a few bets I must say
                      I'd keep it for now. He's not running in the next week so nothing likely to change

See how the 2m6f race looks and then decide. If Samcro looks unstoppable then he's more likely to run AB?

Comment

• Bet365 offering some tasty prices nrnb and best odds guaranteed these are surely worth a bet?

Supreme Novices - Sharjah 7/1 - only runs in this race if wins well on Saturday and Getabird is rerouted to the Ballymore?

Ballymore - Getabird 7/1 - if it goes for this race what price do people think itll be ?

Apples Jade 7/1 World Hurdle - 5/2 shot if it lines up on the day

Ive backed Benie des Dieux each way at 10/1 in the Brown Advisory Plate - I know the Ricci lot think a lot of this horse but no idea what race itll go for?

Comment

• Going back to the Bet365 cash out option, I've just totaled up all the bets that have this available to them and they are offering over 320pts back, that's more than I staked even with Annamix/Nichols Canyon/Limini/Finian's Oscar (Arkle) losses, plus I know a lot of them will be losers too as covered in more than one race, not to mention Salsaretta, who may not even turn up!

Seriously contemplating taking the profit already, albeit minimal, and starting all over again, with NRNB/BOG available but obviously this means losing some tasty looking bets in the process, which of course are the ones that boost the amount of pts returned massively.

Thoughts guys?

Comment

• Auld fella in my favourite Chinatown haunt told me at lunch today that Blaklion and The New One are going to win at the festival this year. He seemed very, very sure of this

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                              Going back to the Bet365 cash out option, I've just totaled up all the bets that have this available to them and they are offering over 320pts back, that's more than I staked even with Annamix/Nichols Canyon/Limini/Finian's Oscar (Arkle) losses, plus I know a lot of them will be losers too as covered in more than one race, not to mention Salsaretta, who may not even turn up!

Seriously contemplating taking the profit already, albeit minimal, and starting all over again, with NRNB/BOG available but obviously this means losing some tasty looking bets in the process, which of course are the ones that boost the amount of pts returned massively.

Thoughts guys?
                              By all means 'cash' the horses you feel won't turn up for a selected race..

BUT..

Have confidence in your selections which you know will!

That is my un-educated advice anyway.

Comment

• That's what I done all along why don't like bet 365 or any think rather just do small stakes then wait till Festival then.

Comment

Working...
                                X