Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All,

Been coming in and out of the forum for years, had a different username last year when I started posting but lost details.. Don't bet much anymore but love cheltenham fest.

Last year had many losers but got out of jail with Yorkhill then Penhill at 20s and 16s..

This year already done a few anti post bets as follows..

Real Steel 16/1 2.5pts Supreme
    Holowgraphic 10/1 2.5pts Bumper
    Monalee 7/1 2.5pts RSA

Doubles and Treble

Might Bite 9/1 2.5pts Gold
    Samcro 5/1 3pts Ballymore
    Min 8/1 2pts Champion C
    Unowhatimeanharry 7/1 2pts Stayers
    Gumball 12/1 2pts Triumph
    Defi Du Seuil 7/1 2pts Champion H

50p e/w Super Heinz

I think Defi Du Seuil is much better than he showed the first time out (something wrong?), well I hope so..

Getabird 3/1 4pts
    Cause of Causes 4/1 4pts
    Might Bite 7/2 4pts

Doubles & Treble

Chef Des Obeaux 14/1 2pts Albert
    Louis Vac Pouch 20/1 2pts Pertemps

£3 win double

Savers (Hopefully)

Apples Jade 6/4 10pts Mares

Apples Shakira 4/1 5pts Triumph

Hopefully some good ones and a few already have drifted after a few bad runs but all still running.

Will have a few more bet before the start, looking at having a few quid on once I have a better idea where they will be going...

Lami Serge
    Squouateur
    Hunters Call
    Killultagh Vic
    Sao
    Willoughby Court

Sorry if I have bored everyone & good luck with all of you selections..
    Last edited by Sirbetalot; 19 January 2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Welcome mate but not sure what to believe of someone who says “Don’t Bet much anymore” with a handle of Sirbetalot

Comment

• Welcome back Sirbetalot. Who were you before?

Good luck with your selections

Comment

• I use to sit in the bookies all day, then online took over, would bet on every race, dogs, poker and on two flies climbing a wall if I could so maybe I should have called myself ExSirbetaot , grown up a lot and lost a lot, much more selected now. Only really bet the big races, GN, Chel, Derby & so on.. my real love is F1 & NFL. also change the way I bet, I only do largish bets on anti-post, had a few big winners, last year, One for Arthur GN and a big double on F1 & Motogp both put me slightly up on the year and reinvested some on the Cheltenham Fest as I love pure class races..

Last year I was called MullinsMull spelling error was meant to be mule... had two winners that I posted up but many seconds and thirds plus a few that should have won if stayed on their feet. This year I am hoping to do a little better, just love Samcro & Getabird, hope they keep them apart until nest season..
          Last edited by Sirbetalot; 20 January 2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
            I use to sit in the bookies all day, then online took over, would bet on every race, dogs, poker and on two flies climbing a wall if I could so maybe I should have called myself ExSirbetaot , grown up a lot and lost a lot, much more selected now. Only really bet the big races, GN, Chel, Derby & so on.. my real love is F1 & NFL. also change the way I bet, I only do largish bets on anti-post, had a few big winners, last year, One for Arthur GN and a big double on F1 & Motogp both put me slightly up on the year and reinvested some on the Cheltenham Fest as I love pure class races..

Last year I was called MullinMull spelling error was meant to be mule... had two winners that I posted up but many seconds and thirds plus a few that should have won if stayed on their feet. This year I am hoping to do a little better, just love Samcro & Getabird, hope they keep them apart until nest season..
            I like betting on the MotoGP (Moto2 / Moto3) - I find the bookies are slow to react to weather in the head to head markets lower down sometimes... and a friend of mine has an encylopedic knowledge about riders previous results which is useful

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              I like betting on the MotoGP (Moto2 / Moto3) - I find the bookies are slow to react to weather in the head to head markets lower down sometimes... and a friend of mine has an encylopedic knowledge about riders previous results which is useful
              Yep wet races can be fun, but I normally just watch the moto2 & 3 races.. had lewis & Marc double last year to win over 1.5k Lewis had it wrapped up before the last race but I was sweating a bit on Marc last race. I'll do the same this year...

I have gone a bit of subject, sorry about that..

Does anyone else think Samcro is a superstar? I was thinking about having all if any winnings from the fest on him to win a Gold Cup one day at around 20/1..
              Last edited by Sirbetalot; 20 January 2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Yep wet races can be fun, but I normally just watch the moto2 & 3 races.. had lewis & Marc double last year to win over 1.5k Lewis had it wrapped up before the last race but I was sweating a bit on Marc last race. I'll do the same this year...
                I backed Marc after Maverick had won the first two... they pushed Marquex out to 9/4 which was an incredible over reaction...

Looking forward to seeing the title odds actually... Moto 2 looks amazing this season. Can't wait to see the odds.

Comment

• I know Marc is 4/5 silly odds, I might wait and see how the first few races go this year before I go in, like you said 9/4 was crazy for the most amazing rider I have seen since C Stoner

Comment

• First flow nrnb 33/1 supreme.
                    The talkis he won't go there before the race.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      First flow nrnb 33/1 supreme.
                      The talkis he won't go there before the race.
                      Kim Bailey said LTO that he'd have one more run (today) which would be "he's Cheltenham" then put away for soft ground chasing next season. Slick jumper though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffees View Post
                        Kim Bailey said LTO that he'd have one more run (today) which would be "he's Cheltenham" then put away for soft ground chasing next season. Slick jumper though.
                        I know .
                        Put it on when he went clear just in case. Can cash out anytime for full value.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I use to sit in the bookies all day, then online took over, would bet on every race, dogs, poker and on two flies climbing a wall if I could so maybe I should have called myself ExSirbetaot , grown up a lot and lost a lot, much more selected now. Only really bet the big races, GN, Chel, Derby & so on.. my real love is F1 & NFL. also change the way I bet, I only do largish bets on anti-post, had a few big winners, last year, One for Arthur GN and a big double on F1 & Motogp both put me slightly up on the year and reinvested some on the Cheltenham Fest as I love pure class races..

Last year I was called MullinsMull spelling error was meant to be mule... had two winners that I posted up but many seconds and thirds plus a few that should have won if stayed on their feet. This year I am hoping to do a little better, just love Samcro & Getabird, hope they keep them apart until nest season..
                          I love the NFL as well, who’s ya team, I’m a Steeler

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEagleHasLanded View Post
                            I love the NFL as well, who’s ya team, I’m a Steeler
                            Big Packers fan & whom ever I bet to win the SB each year, this year it Eagles.. bit of a NE hater for all the dirty tricks but I can see them winner another ring in feb..

Comment

• Jags and Vikings are my bets for the Superbowl this year. I have a sneaky feeling the Jags might cause an upset tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                Jags and Vikings are my bets for the Superbowl this year. I have a sneaky feeling the Jags might cause an upset tonight.
                                Really hope so, Im sure we will have Thumbgate after the game.. Had Eagles before Wentz got injured.

Comment

Working...
                                X