Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2018 Ante post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Good man! I feel less annoyed about getting some myself knowing you got it
    If we can keep it all within the forum then lifes a gooden

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
      If we can keep it all within the forum then lifes a gooden
      Only if you buy me a beer...

I've just noticed I've been given Moderator rights too.... so if you don't I'll ban you

Comment

• Has anyone requested any unusual bets from their bookmaker that would warrant posting on here ?
        I know paddypower will get a trader to price these up for you if you tweet them on. #whatoddspaddy
        Not sure if any other firms off the same

Comment

• Chaps. What is the best site to use to look at Handicap Ratings required to get into each of the handicap races ?

Comment

• I've been reading this forum for a while now and I have always found the discussion informative and friendly... I just wanted to see if everyone is feeling the same as me with the festival fast approaching i.e like a little kid at Christmas.... I cannot wait. Also I wanted to wish you all the luck with every bet you make!

Comment

• Changed my mind. And cashed out.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 16 January 2018, 01:52 PM.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEagleHasLanded View Post
                I've been reading this forum for a while now and I have always found the discussion informative and friendly... I just wanted to see if everyone is feeling the same as me with the festival fast approaching i.e like a little kid at Christmas.... I cannot wait. Also I wanted to wish you all the luck with every bet you make!
                Thanks eagle. Welcome to the forum!
                Get involved in as many threads as you can ... adds to the excitement

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  Changed my mind. And cashed out.
                  What on? Missed the original message

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    What on? Missed the original message
                    I backed rather be in the jlt at 40s nrnb thinking he will cruise to victory in that graded race and have no choice but to go jlt.
                    But it just looks an awful race tbh and if h e won a long way I still wouldn't be excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denmania View Post
                      Chaps. What is the best site to use to look at Handicap Ratings required to get into each of the handicap races ?
                      Hi Denmania, there may be a more sophisticated way but if you just find the results from last year's festival on the Racing Post website, you will see the handicap bands next to the race class/distance/going etc. Obviously this doesn't account for any changes that might be made from year to year but as far as I'm aware the only change this year is the Close Brothers going from 0-140 to 0-145.

Comment

• BHA site will give you official current ratings but only for qualifying horses, many Irish won't have a UK rating

Comment

• Originally posted by Denmania View Post
                          Chaps. What is the best site to use to look at Handicap Ratings required to get into each of the handicap races ?
                          Specifically to get "in" to them, I'd usually check the Racing Post website as VF said...

For checking the actual rating of a horse from Britain I use the BHA website same as ista... https://www.britishhorseracing.com/r...ings-database/

FOr Irish I use: http://www.goracing.ie/racing-statis...orses/ratings/

Comment

• Articulum ballymore 180.0
                            Serious performance last time out and the time compared to the race before with some decent horses in it makes it look no fluke. He's entered up. Poss wants softer ground and maybe they will go further. But he could put up another serious performance next time out and take a big scalp.

Watched it back 3 0r 4 times serious performance. If he skips this weekend which I believe he'd win. He could be the one to put it up to Samcro at leopardstown.
                            Last edited by Scooby91; 16 January 2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Sam Brown 150.0 Albert Bartlett.

"Sam Brown was particularly impressive in beating two previous winners with plenty to spare in the Class 4 two and a half mile novice hurdle.

He is a horse I rate highly and it was a relief to see him dominate the opposition after a disappointing first attempt over hurdles at Wincanton seven weeks ago.

Sam Brown had an accident while out*at grass*a week before he come back into training and though he was going well enough at home it’s fair to say we were not entirely sure about him ahead of Wincanton.

He wasn’t quite right in his coat that day and we discovered issues afterwards including stomach ulcers which we*have been able to treat.

So I was thrilled to see it all come together for him at Plumpton. He travelled powerfully, jumped the few hurdles well and clearly has a big engine.

I’ve said before that he could be one for the Challow Hurdle but that race comes up too soon before the end of the month so I might look at a decent novice hurdle at Warwick in January next for him or maybe run him in another novice under a penalty.

Sam Brown should give his owner breeders Tim and Monica Frost plenty of fun as he has a big engine, looks a pretty good racehorse already and there is still a nice bit of improvement to come from him physically"

Comment

• Cheers lad

Comment

Working...
                                X