Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 National Hunt Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last 11 renewals

Age (Win-Place-Runners)

6yo: 2-3-31

7yo: 5-10-76

8yo: 3-7-55

9yo: 1-2-26

10yo: 0-1-8

11yo+: 0-0-3

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
      https://sites.google.com/site/gaults...nge-cup-abt-4m

Im with you ista. I have one for this thats been the trainer/owners plan all season yet hasn't been mentioned on this thread. It fits all the big trends that are very important to me. However i did go against trends last year and backed 6yo Minella Rocco because i was so taken with his penultimate run. He's had his two prep runs, and i'm very hopeful of a big run.
      Fletchers Flyer?

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
        Fletchers Flyer?
        I doubt he'd hit many stats to be honest but I know this has been the target all season.

Comment

All of these stats and trends are just strengthening my belief that this is the best race for AMERICAN. They need to forget the RSA idea and go here.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
            Last 11 renewals

Age (Win-Place-Runners)

6yo: 2-3-31

7yo: 5-10-76

8yo: 3-7-55

9yo: 1-2-26

10yo: 0-1-8

11yo+: 0-0-3
            Without doing the maths because I should have gone to bed already... those %'s aren't too far off between W&P and Runners for 6,7,8 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Without doing the maths because I should have gone to bed already... those %'s aren't too far off between W&P and Runners for 6,7,8 ?
              6yo - 31 runners - 6.5% win, 9.7% placed
              7yo - 76 runners - 6.6% win, 13.2% placed
              8yo - 55 runners - 5.5% win, 12.7% placed

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                I doubt he'd hit many stats to be honest but I know this has been the target all season.
                Fletchers Indeed. Im told O'Connor will be in the saddle. we shall see. He needs spring ground, which hopefully he'll get. He put up a fantastic performance at the Punchestown festival winning over just short of 4m. I had him down for this ever since that race. My only nagging doubt is that you need to be a future Gold Cup horse to win this these days. Question marks remain whether he has enough quality. Haymount is the only other one at the moment of interest.

Comment

couple of big stats
                  18 from last 19 1st,2nd, in a chase at 3m+
                  28 from last 31 1st,2nd, in the past 2 runs

Comment

Massive trends race this.

Doc, I'll take your word that his Punch win means he still qualifies for this and assuming that's the case you could well be onto something here.
                    Mixed it with some top hurdlers and has some good chase form, not a million miles behind Blaklion and that's a classy yardstick.
                    Interested....

Comment

Fry put him up in his 5 to follow in Oct...

FLETCHERS FLYER

"He won at the Punchestown Festival for the second time on his final run. He relished the step up to three and a half miles. The beauty of the Punchestown win is that the timing means he remains a novice all season.

"His campaign will be geared around two races, the National Hunt Chase at the Cheltenham Festival and the Irish National. They will be his focus and we will work backwards from them.

"He will need at least a couple of runs to make sure he is spot on for both those staying races, as he just takes a bit of work to get him up to speed.

"It gives us plenty of time to have him at the top of his game when he does run. He looks well and is in great order."

My only worry was that he needs 'at least a couple of runs' and hasn't been sighted since Ascot?

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                        Massive trends race this.

Doc, I'll take your word that his Punch win means he still qualifies for this and assuming that's the case you could well be onto something here.
                        Mixed it with some top hurdlers and has some good chase form, not a million miles behind Blaklion and that's a classy yardstick.
                        Interested....
                        Ista,
                        Thats my take on it as well. Ive had some 25s & 20s (nrnb 365)
                        Ive been quietly confident about this running a big race, but sometimes you question your own judgement at times. Saturnas has been a blow to my confidence, especially with Brelade running his race in the deloitte, the form line should have put Saturnas in the winners enclosure. somethings up.......

Comment

I really like Beware the Bear in this, it's one of my main fancies for the whole festival. Was going to back it on the day only as price may not alter too much, but gone in this morning at 14s each way.
                          The defeat of Singlefarmpayment at Ascot was very impressive, he didn't jump as fluently as SFP but picked it up with a degree of ease and SFP is a live contender for either RSA or Ultima Chase.
                          Won comfortably next time out, the margin looks closer than the reality as it was idling in front. Think it will handle the trip ok and surprised it's not second in the betting behind Agenie in a bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post

FLETCHERS FLYER

My only worry was that he needs 'at least a couple of runs' and hasn't been sighted since Ascot?
                            Entered for two races at Ascot this weekend over 2m 7f (Reynoldstown Novice Chase and Keltbray Swinley Handicap Chase)

Does that make you more confident???

I'm tempted @ 20's...

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                              Entered for two races at Ascot this weekend over 2m 7f (Reynoldstown Novice Chase and Keltbray Swinley Handicap Chase)

Does that make you more confident???

I'm tempted @ 20's...
                              That'll do for me !

Comment

my my, fletchers all the rage now
                                happy to see him entered up this weekend. good to have positives, and negatives to ponder.

Comment

Working...
                                X