Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 National Hunt Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
    Welcome on board Mr mulligan and hope you enjoy the community.

Would you be able to private message me a brief description on the good word you received? Just to help me make a decision on the size of the bet .
    Originally posted by loveracing View Post
    - I haven't received anything as yet, but will leave this decision to Mr m.
    Sorry pal, I've had busy few days, but just private messaged you

Comment

• Any chance I could get a pm Mr mulligan?

Comment

• Harry Drew (owners of COI) tonight says he does go for this race but jockey yet to be booked up

Comment

• O'Brien on Edwulf:

"Puppy (Power) gave him a great ride. He jumped very well today and I'm delighted with him," said O'Brien.

"I always thought he was better than a handicapper but his jumping has let him down all year. Hopefully he can keep things together now.

"He's in the four-miler and the RSA, and there is also the Leinster National back here. We'll see how he comes out of this and make a plan for him.

"He gets three miles, and he has as good a chance as any horse of getting four but you don't know until you run."

Comment

• W Biddick and Katie Walsh rode for pipe last year in Kim muir

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr mulligan View Post
              Sorry pal, I've had busy few days, but just private messaged you
              Received and thank you Mr m. Good enough info for me to have a little bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post

Henderson confirmed Premier Bond will be ridden by Huge Hunt if he runs in this race, or I presume whoever his runner is in this:
                Wouldn't like to see Huge on anything I have backed.

Comment

• Guess this means beware the bear is a gonner then for henderson? thought it was a big price and very under estimated

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                    Wouldn't like to see Huge on anything I have backed.
                    Any particular reason

Comment

• Originally posted by benkneale03 View Post
                      Guess this means beware the bear is a gonner then for henderson? thought it was a big price and very under estimated
                      On the recent stable tour Henderson said "He is a maybe for the National Hunt Chase." So you might still have a chance but far from a certain runner.

Comment

• Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                        Any particular reason
                        I imagine he may be worried about him being a few pounds overweight.

Comment

• Does Martello Tower go in here as a bit of a forgotten horse?

I think we all agree that this 4 mile race is becoming classier by the season, last years renewal proves that. The other proof is that 4 of the last 6 winners had contested a Grade 1 chase earlier in the season. From my knowledge, of those fancied towards the top of the market, Martello Tower is the only one that falls into that bracket.

Add to that the fact he is a Festival winner (soft ground 'Grade 1' Albert Bartlett where staying is the name of the game) and clearly a classy animal who will vastly improve for the extra distance then I think he is a cracking bet at 14/1. Should the ground turn up soft or heavier on the day then he turns into one of the best bets of the entire week!

Comment

• Mullins mentioned this as a possibility for Bellshill today.

Comment

• 'I don’t know what to make of his last run, though he did run poorly at that meeting last season too. He seemed in better form this morning, to be fair to him. We ran him in the wrong race at Cheltenham last season and I think he’ll end up going for one of the longer novice chases this year, either the RSA Chase or the National Hunt Chase'.

Suppose he could end up being Patrick's ride.

Comment

• Do we know if champers on ice goes for this,I'm looking for a last leg for a Yankee with all the selections fancied but all about 10/1. TIA

Comment

Working...
                                X