Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Mares Novice Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robith View Post
    Let's Dance has really impressed me, I think it's pretty insulting to her that the only race she could win would be the Mares Novice.

Mainly because I really fancy Airlie Beach to hose this one.

Given how keen Mullins usually is to separate his horses, and how thin he's spread this year, to run them both in this strikes me as barmy and off brand
    But if Let's Dance doesn't run in this she will be taking on another Mullins horse in her other options? And he will have the fav or second fav in each of the 3 Novice races anyway... so there isn't really an obvious opening for LD other than this for me. And considering the bad luck RR has had, I can see why he just wants to get whatever winners he can. And this should be the easiest assignment for LD.

Comment

• Ruby has passed over Airlie Beach before and been wrong before. Is there an owners pecking order

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
        Ruby has passed over Airlie Beach before and been wrong before. Is there an owners pecking order
        You'd think from previous running's of races that Ruby will be sat on most, if not all, of Ricci animals over other owners horses.

Comment

• Ruby rides whatever he thinks has the best chance. He rode Saturnas in the Deloitte when Ricci had a couple of runners. However, he's ridden Lets Dance 6 times in her 8 races (compared to 2/7 for Airlie) so he'll be more comfortable on her knowing her better. Airlie is almost a point and shoot job so, as long as she gets to the start line in top form, I'm not too worried about who rides.

Comment

• He has been quoted recently as saying he's picked the horse with the form rather than the potential. But obviously they've been tight calls like Saturnas and Bunk of Early.
            On that theory he should be riding Airlie Beach no problem, but as he has passed over her before i would say he will do again. You'd think after doing it twice already you'd think harder the third time!
            Both horses in my view will be ridden very prominent, remember Airlie Beach before Down Royal was seen as a middle distance over even 3mile mare, shes by Shantou. They have made use of her over 2miles and thus far it has paid off. However, with LD and even Warren Greatreax's mare in there...it means there are 3 that have done most of there running from the front.

Personally i think the form of AB is better than that of LD, however, Ruby will be working them at home up to the festival and normally isn't far wrong at the festival!

Comment

• We shouldn't really forget that it looks like you'll need a good one to get past La Bague Au Roi!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                We shouldn't really forget that it looks like you'll need a good one to get past La Bague Au Roi!
                She seems to be the forgotten horse in this.

Comment

• I'm hoping she pops out to 8/1 and I'll get her in my book. Wishful thinking probably.

Comment

I'm hoping she pops out to 8/1 and I'll get her in my book. Wishful thinking probably.
                    The first bet I placed for this years Cheltenham was Limini (mares) LBAR (mares novice) double.

Comment

• Does anyone know if Fergal is sending Colins Sister for this ?
                      Likely to come up short if one of the Mullins hotpots is as strong as the market suggests but this is no pushover, on a 5 timer, improved with every run this season, winner of a Sandown G2 last time and available at around 14/1 (though much bigger on the machine)...

Comment

• Really can't believe just how quickly this market has changed. Airlie Beach now out to 9/2 with PP. Looked one of the likely bankers of the week as recently as last week. Some serious confidence behind Let's Dance which looks ominous.

Comment

• Mullins mares are worth perming in NRNB multis.

Comment

• Betfair makes worrying viewing for AB backers.

Comment

I'm hoping she pops out to 8/1 and I'll get her in my book. Wishful thinking probably.
                              Wouldn't be too sure about that Kev, I have been backing L.B.A.R last few months and been 6-1 all the way ., Also got a little bet on Coillte Lass , 14-1 . P.nicholls i think .

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                I hate to p*** on your fireworks but there is no way the bookmakers will drift AB out to 5/1 based on Ricci's gob, and even IF one of them did push her out that far they wouldn't take £10k on her before shortening, be lucky if it's £1k. I think AB will hit at max 3/1-10/3 all the while Let's Dance's target is up in the air. She may drift further if LD is confirmed for this on the day however.
                                Haha what do I know. Now out to 9/2 though I still would be surprised if they allow £10k on her.

Got this wrong, considering AB's form I'm surprised she's drifted so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X