Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Mares Novice Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. The comments about slotting in anywhere weren't written up/said to everybody...

As silly as it is to read too much in to these comments I have to admit, my excitement levels have certainly raised in the last 12 hours.

Comment

Is Airlie Beach going to be giving 2lbs to Lets Dance if they both turn up here??

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnymac05 View Post
        Is Airlie Beach going to be giving 2lbs to Lets Dance if they both turn up here??
        First post on here but no:

Penalties are based on Class 1 wins which includes Listed and up.

I've a share in Airlie Beach (and Bunk Off Early for that matter) and I'm not expecting her target or jockey to be decided until the weekend before Cheltenham. This is her likely race and, as she's had 4 different jockeys in her 7 races, I'm not unduly worried about who rides. Ruby preferred Penhill in the Royal Bond after all.
        Over this distance I'd hope we have more speed than Let's Dance but time will tell.

Comment

wouldnt LD run here to take advantage of her novice status.......

Comment

Anyone see the list of entries for the mares novice? Cant find it anywhere

Comment

I think Betfair are out to get punters money who like to have a bet on a horse they are familiar with but don't do the research, as they have now added Annie Power to the Mares Hurdle market, and they are NOT NRNB.

Either I have missed something or they are conning b******s, I'd say it's likely the latter.

Edit: Well, that didn't last long, no sooner had I wrote this than she had disappeared, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one!

Comment

Originally posted by hubert View Post
                Anyone see the list of entries for the mares novice? Cant find it anywhere
                I don't think the entries for this, the Bumper or the Fox Hunters close until later this week. Last year it was 1st March close for these 3 races.

Comment

I think they closed on Monday but they haven't been released yet. I don't know what they are but, as I understand it the numbers are:

Cross Country- 27 entries (Max 16)

Dawn Run Novice Hurdle 31entries (Max 22)

Foxhunters 39 entries (Max 24)

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                    I think they closed on Monday but they haven't been released yet. I don't know what they are but, as I understand it the numbers are:

Cross Country- 27 entries (Max 16)

Dawn Run Novice Hurdle 31entries (Max 22)

Foxhunters 39 entries (Max 24)
                    Yep - entries announced tomorrow. 36 entered in the Bumper too

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                      wouldnt LD run here to take advantage of her novice status.......
                      She could do that in any of the other novice races though, especially with her mares allowance in those. She improved for a step up in trip so I am still not sure what talk about this race is for.

I hope Ruby picks Airlie Beach but like Archie's faith

Comment

Interesting to compare Timeform (AB 149, LD 144p) with OR (AB 141, LD 147). Given how Moon Racer was upped for staying in his box while Ballyandy won at Newbury, I'd say that there's more of a recency bias in Ireland than the UK. While I've every respect for Let's Dance (and La Bague Au Roi for that matter), at 2 miles Airlie has every right to be favourite. Ruby has picked another horse against us twice and been soundly beaten both times. Paul T or Danny M will do just fine.

Comment

Interesting to compare Timeform (AB 149, LD 144p) with OR (AB 141, LD 147). Given how Moon Racer was upped for staying in his box while Ballyandy won at Newbury, I'd say that there's more of a recency bias in Ireland than the UK. While I've every respect for Let's Dance (and La Bague Au Roi for that matter), at 2 miles Airlie has every right to be favourite. Ruby has picked another horse against us twice and been soundly beaten both times. Paul T or Danny M will do just fine.
                          Get a better price then too I suppose.

Can I ask, are you inclined to back your own horses or do you just own and enjoy it that way?

Comment

These days I never back my own because I think it's bad luck. Also, given the prices they usually go off, it takes a fairly chunky bet to win more than the prize-money and I just think of it as good money after bad.
                            I only have small shares but this season I've had 13 runners, 8 winners and 3 seconds, that have won over £100k.

Comment

These days I never back my own because I think it's bad luck. Also, given the prices they usually go off, it takes a fairly chunky bet to win more than the prize-money and I just think of it as good money after bad.
                              I only have small shares but this season I've had 13 runners, 8 winners and 3 seconds, that have won over £100k.
                              Are they all trained by Willie? I bet the owners day is a brilliant experience!

Comment

All through Supreme Racing and currently in 9 with, effectively, 3 in training, 3 indisposed and 3 being readied for the spring.

Comment

Working...
                                X