Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cross Country Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
    Ballyboker Bridge
    My first bet in this race (from ages ago - still the same price probably)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      My first bet in this race (from ages ago - still the same price probably)
      Did you manage 50s? Down to 'only' 33s now.

Comment

I think that 12/1 is a decent price for Any Currency. His Gold Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
          I think that 12/1 is a decent price for Any Currency. His Gold Cup.
          Most unpopular 14 year old in training

Comment

Interesting that CoC has been over to Endas for schooling sessions as well

Comment

Elliot bullish about CoC at tonights preview night, can see it going off favourite the way the money is coming for it. bring it home Jamie!

Comment

CoC has absolutely steam rolled in, was 20/1 end of Jan, now as short as 10/3.

Seems to have a lot of making up to do against Cantlow and a couple of others BUT, the ATR preview night Codd said he had been schooling over the hedges etc... and reckons he'll be much better come the festival than he was LTO, just find it hard to believe he'll be able to beat Cantlow, and think he is plenty short enough now to look elsewhere.

Unless, all of this money is of course because there is a problem with Cantlow? I certainly hope not though!

Comment

You'd expect to see a problem with Cantlow on the exchanges which there's no signs of? Probably CoC just being backed as there was no clear money for anything else so people backing it as their e/w shout due to reasons of form this time of year etc

Comment

Way way way way way way too short on the betting. Even if he has had these extra schooling sessions, it isn't like Cantlow and Augvernat will have been snowboarding instead.

This is surely just an easy prep race for CoC to take in on his way to Aintree.

10/3 is one of the worst prices at the festival.

How on earth can he be expected to turn around 20 odd lengths with Cantlow based on a couple of schools is ludicrous.

I am not sitting on the fence either saying 'he is a bad price but could win' ... he can't win.

Comment

• I don't think you can take that one run too literally or read too much into it myself Kev. Remember last year, he had two runs prior to the Festival and was tailed off virtually last in both, then miraculously improves to annihilate the field in the Kim Muir.

Spring and Cheltenham seem to bring out the best in him. He also got a rating of 155 for that win last year and Cantlow is currently on his highest ever mark at 151. I know you can't underestimate Banks experience, but he's without doubt, the class act in the race to my eyes.

Comment

• I'm not a CoC fan in this. his forte is stamina and you need agility and balance ahead of stamina.
                        I can't see the interest...

Comment

• Completely different code though. Saying "Cheltenham brings out the best in him" is completely correct, but not relevant for this race.

If he was tailed off in that race over C&D LTO, and running in the Kim Muir or Ultima, I would be backing him! I am not backing a horse who has run once over this C&D and who came a disappointing 5th beaten 42L, after clearly not taking to the first 4 or 5 obstacles.

At 10/3 it is an embarassing leap of faith. (Getting closer to saying he can win but the price is wrong) but I will stay stubborn

Comment

• I cant argue he's short mate... completely agree. Couldnt consider backing him at 10/3. And of course I can understand why you are against him based on his one run over the Banks.

But I just couldn't rule him out completely. The two fields he faced at the Festival the last two years look infinitely more competitive than what he will be up against this time around. I dont think its completely irrelevant to say he's shown his best form in spring at Cheltenham myself, even if it is a different code. They know how to train him to peak for the Festival.

Balthazar King only had won run in this code over C&D (albeit a slightly better one) before winning this race.

Comment

• CCM - banks races are entirely different, far more obstacles that come far quicker, and the course runs inside the main course its' entirety so no galloping straights, all twists and turns, they only get racing when they come out onto the racecourse proper 3f from home so CoC stamina doesn't come into play.
                              Over the years it's paid to stick with the experienced campaigners in banks races...

Comment

• Ista. I am aware of how banks races are run cheers

But CoC is being talked about as if hes Just So! He had plenty of very good form as a 2 miler in his younger days.. I just think he's no old slowboat just because he stays well.

And I don't think connections are doing this solely with the GN in mind myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X