Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cross Country Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trickytrickster View Post
    Is cross country run off level weights. If so hard to oppose cantlow
    It is TT. Cantlow ran in the race last season and finished down the field so I don't see why he should be a penalty kick this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      It is TT. Cantlow ran in the race last season and finished down the field so I don't see why he should be a penalty kick this season.
      Think last years renewal was only Cantlow's second banks race FM so he will have improved with experience...

Comment

Think last years renewal was only Cantlow's second banks race FM so he will have improved with experience...

Comment

Cantlow is too short really on one C&D win and one second. The horse that won that day (Urgent De Gregaine) makes more appeal at 8/1 (2/1 to place) than Cantlow does to win at 2/1?

Josies Orders was 15/8 SP last year and it is generally considered that horse was the yards number 1 .... JO wasn't streets ahead, so Cantlow looks a bit of a false price based on that.

Not saying he isn't the most likely winner, but not a great price now IMHO.

Comment

cant believe cause of causes is now 10/1 for this after 1 run over the banks, having said that will have to back him! looks a fairly weak renewal, cantlow probably the likely winner but can't be backing it at 2/1. Is usuel smurfer likely to run? looks good value at 16/1 nrnb considering it was beaten 1 & half length on debut over the banks by the smart auvergnat and will have a generous swing at the weights.

Comment

I think they we're both off level weights last time CoC? and will be again?

I think I asked about Usual Smurfer earlier on in this thread actually and someone had some info...

Comment

you could be right i was just checking atr and looked like auvergnat was off 10.11 with a 7lb claimer while usuel smurfer was off 11.4, but I may have read it wrong. cheers ill check further down the thread.

Comment

Think Cause of Causes is a fascinating one. Olly Murphy has said it has schooled there in the last month. Must be going for it as they would hardly waste their time/money schooling over banks if it is only a lung opener

Comment

Originally posted by hubert View Post
                    Think Cause of Causes is a fascinating one. Olly Murphy has said it has schooled there in the last month. Must be going for it as they would hardly waste their time/money schooling over banks if it is only a lung opener
                    The plan is to run him in the cross-country race at Cheltenham. Based on his form over normal fences, he’d have a chance and all we can hope for is a bit of luck on the day. He raced over that cross-country course last time and we brought him back over during the Cheltenham sales since then and schooled him around there two days in a row, just to get his eye in, so hopefully that will help him. I’m 90% sure Jamie Codd will ride him and he knows him well. The Grand National is the longer-term plan for him.

Comment

Quantitativeeasing has an entry
                      The dream is still alive!!!

Comment

Surprised to hear this...

Big French hope Urgent De Gregaine is only "50-50" to run in the Glenfarclas Chase at the Cheltenham Festival.

The Emmanuel Clayeux-trained nine-year-old is prominent in the betting for the cross-country race on March 15 after he won so well over course and distance in January.

But Clayeux said: "I don't know if he will run yet and I will make a final decision on Monday.

"He is perfectly OK, and has been fine after his last run, but he will have to carry a lot more weight at the Cheltenham Festival and he is only a small horse.

"We have given him an entry, but at the moment I think it is only 50-50 that he will run."

Urgent De Gregaine is as low as 11/2 about winning the Glenfarclas Chase, with Cantlow, whom he defeated by three lengths at Cheltenham in January, the short-priced favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                          Quantitativeeasing has an entry
                          The dream is still alive!!!
                          There was been someone trying to get £100 matched the day before the entries were announced so I'm assuming he is an intended runner.

CoC is too short for this for me now. I can't back him at single figures after his last go over these fences

Comment

There was been someone trying to get £100 matched the day before the entries were announced so I'm assuming he is an intended runner.

CoC is too short for this for me now. I can't back him at single figures after his last go over these fences
                            First year I won't back him...but "his festival record" is absolutely irrelevant this year isn't it!

QE should be shorter than CoC for this...

Comment

Hear the French horse may stay at home, GE not to keen on bless the wings as he's popping the stable girl on just for fun.. Must be a decent ew punt out there ?

Comment

Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
                                Hear the French horse may stay at home, GE not to keen on bless the wings as he's popping the stable girl on just for fun.. Must be a decent ew punt out there ?
                                Ballyboker Bridge

Comment

Working...
                                X