Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cross Country Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
    When is the PP hogan? Is it next weekend?
    Next Sunday I think

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Next Sunday I think
      Who we expecting to see? QE? Ballyboker Bridge?

Comment

Interesting race yesterday. UDG was given a superb ride and had Cantlow covered pretty easily so a case could certainly be made for him at the festival. I thought he may have been underestimated a bit but I can see his odds at 10's. I thought id would have been higher actually so doesn't tempt me.

Cantlow did have excuses though - The loose horse nearly carried him out taking a fair few lengths and momentum out of him. The ground in March should suit Cantlow better as well in terms of the run in. Obviously the race is run on a different track (conventional races were on soft, this was run on good to soft (good in places)) but the run in to the finish line would have been pretty testing and not ground that would have been ideal for Cantlow.

Another pleasing thing regarding Cantlow for me is he's really becoming a consistent horse now in these races - unlike his early years! He's now a far more reliable horse to have on your side.

Still happy to focus on Edna Bolger's string in this race from what we've seen (I'd probably side with Auvergnat as well at the prices if I was to take another horse out of the race) Just the one more race (PP Hogan) to go for clues now

Comment

PP Hogan decs:

Auvergnat
          Ballyboker Bridge
          Boxing Along
          Colour Squadron
          Enniskillen
          First Lieutenant
          Gonebeyondrecall
          Just Wait And See
          Love Rory
          Mister First
          Mtada Supreme
          My Hometown
          Ordinary Man
          The King Of Brega
          Usuel Smurfer

First Leuitenant entered ?
          At 170 he's probably the highest (once) rated horse ever to appear in a banks race, very interesting to see how he goes as encouraging signs he could become a runner for Chelt....

Comment

Pleased to see Ballyboker Bridge in. 33s avail and 25s NRNB.

First Leuitenant can't get his head in front no matter what can he... perenial bridesmaid. Not in the betting for Chelt and wouldn't have seen the course... I'd be dead against him... but what do I know

Auvergnat looks like he'll get priced up as fav, probably win and gert slashed.... was just about to suggest for people to take the 25s, bit he is a wash on blue, general 14/1 shot.

Comment

No Quantitativeeasing....
              Does anyone know of his well-being..
              Would be a real player at Cheltenham if fit, but a lack of prep run would worry me..

Comment

He ran in the middle of Feb last season. If he doesn't have an entry this time next week, I'll be seriously worried.

Comment

Davy Russell jocked up on ballyboker bridge Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                    Davy Russell jocked up on ballyboker bridge Sunday!
                    Music to my ears. 33/1 and 25/1 nrnb avail still.

Won't be that on Monday....

Comment

Auvergnat put himself in the Chelt picture after that win today, and the second is one to keep an eye on after a cracking debut.

Comment

12/1 on Betfair for Auvergnat could be huge - and ive backed Cantlow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                          12/1 on Betfair for Auvergnat could be huge - and ive backed Cantlow!!!
                          I have found it very interesting seeing the market support for Auvergnat each time he has run. He was being very well backed against Cantlow before being withdrawn and was well backed again when unseating and predictably again when winning LTO.

Will only get shorter than 12/1 ... I backed at 25/1 when Ista first mentioned him months ago

Comment

Fair play Kev, im not on yet, ive got a 4pt win on Cantlow at 4s and a 2pt double with Death Duty. Might get a bit of that 1s though

Comment

I would .... but I back more than one

Why isn't Usuel Smurfer quoted across the board? 20s with Lads, not quoted by most?

Comment

Its the same with a few of the bigger priced horses. They might be the horses most people arent expecting to run but people have requested prices so theyve had to do it

Comment

Working...
                                X