Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Trials Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    If I were you Ryan, I'd get there for when the gates open. Plenty to go and see before the racing starts.
    Yeah i think I will. Gives me 2 hours to have a look around. Any tips on what to go and see?

Comment

As Istabraq has said Hall of fame is worth a visit
      Centaur is a strange spot - like the biggest bookies ever - but worth a look in
      Get to parade ring at some stage

Comment

Ryan,they usually let you go out on the course itself for the cross country race
        Worth a walk out to see the horses jump up close
        The negative of this is you will struggle to see the finish of the race,still advise it

Comment

Cheers guys, i'll try get to the different places youve mentioned. I would like to try see the cross country course

Comment

+1 for going into the centre of the course to watch the cross country. It'll give you much more interest in the race compared to watching it over in the main stands. I actually enjoy the fact you can't see the finish in the Cross Country race! You see them take the turn then you have nothing but commentary and crowd cheers to guess who came out on top on the run to the line. I've won and lost on this unknown but adds to the excitement

For anyone who hasn't been to the course yet. Here's a link to the course map:

Welcome to the home of jump racing & the Cheltenham Festival from 12 - 15 March 2024. See all upcoming fixtures, and book tickets today.

I'd also suggest going along to the Pre Parade Ring (#16) to see some of the horses getting saddled up etc 15-20 minutes for a race. Take a walk between the Parade Ring, Weighing Room and Pre Parade Ring and you'll likely pass many of the trainers too between races.

Comment

Cheers Jono.

Some decent prices available, 2/1 Cantlow and 5/4 UNWIMH, don't mind if I do

Comment

Going out on the course for Cross Country is a good call.

Comment

I got some great photo's from there during the festival cross country, but I'm a million to work out how to post on here

Comment

I can't work out how to add attachments either. Jono is your best bet, he's added a couple lately.

Comment

Yep, the digital revolution kind of passed me by....

Comment

Very very keen to see how Auvergnat goes in the XC Saturday, though he was pulled from the December race with the quick ground the reason for withdrawal so his participation not guaranteed...

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          I can't work out how to add attachments either. Jono is your best bet, he's added a couple lately.
                          Not sure i've done that either...I've embedded a few tweets and links but haven't attached (or at least purposely )

Looks like you can only insert images if they are hosted online already, rather than attach/upload onto here?!

Comment

We could be in for a big shake up after this meeting Saturday. A fair few of the favourites for their respective markets will hopefully be racing:

Defi du Seuil - Triumph fav
                            Thistlecrack - Gold Cup fav
                            Cantlow - Cross Country fav
                            UNWIMH - Stayers fav

A win for each could see their position in the market get incredibly short, or if any have an upset the markets could become wide open again. The forum Win Yankee will certainly be nervous!!

Add in Sunday where Min and Faugheen hopefully run and the Arkle and CH markets could take on a different look.

Big weekend coming up

Comment

Yeah cracking weekend coming.
                              Not sure Cantlow has to win to impress, Auvergnat gets plenty of weight Saturday he won't be getting come March and whilst a few lb isn't a big issue in these races you'd rather be getting 20lb than giving it....

Comment

More of that in the cross country this weekend ?

Comment

Working...
                                X