Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Handicaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I missed something? But Value At Risk has been steadily backed in the Close Brothers Chase, I've only seen him get a mention on one preview reading on here?

Comment

• Originally posted by paz247 View Post
      Have I missed something? But Value At Risk has been steadily backed in the Close Brothers Chase, I've only seen him get a mention on one preview reading on here?
      He's a classy horse but I'd be really worried about his jumping in such a big field.

Comment

• Don't fancy value at risk myself , plenty of good alternatives i think.

Comment

• I've seen the Skeltons say they think VAR is a graded horse in a handicap but I'm with you FM and BC, hasn't set the jumps on fire really

Comment

I've seen the Skeltons say they think VAR is a graded horse in a handicap but I'm with you FM and BC, hasn't set the jumps on fire really
            I think that's actually a big negative for Cheltenham Paz, horses who are dropping in grade generally struggle, also horses who have 7lb claimers on (in handicaps).
            Although that downgrade stat only applies to last run which is not the case for VAR...

Comment

• He was a little bit more convincing at Bangor but that was a four runner race. This will be an entirely different challenge and not sure Cheltenham is his track either. He could easily be 'gone' after a few fences.

Comment

I've seen the Skeltons say they think VAR is a graded horse in a handicap but I'm with you FM and BC, hasn't set the jumps on fire really
                Whos DS been watching lol.

Comment

Have I missed something? But Value At Risk has been steadily backed in the Close Brothers Chase, I've only seen him get a mention on one preview reading on here?
                  GaryNutting on ATR put him up in his long range forecast ... that can clip a couple of points?

Comment

• Skelton last year after superb story, said if they think they have something well handicapped. They put it away and wait for Cheltenham
                    So maybe people are picking up on that,

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr mulligan View Post
                      Skelton last year after superb story, said if they think they have something well handicapped. They put it away and wait for Cheltenham
                      So maybe people are picking up on that,
                      To be fair, Ch'tibello in Ayr last year does back that up somewhat...

Comment

• Is there anywhere you can see the revised weights for the handicaps on day 1? Looking at Card in Irish racing and its sorting it alphabetically. Any help appreciated . They won't release that media pack again will they?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrensTrickyReds View Post
                          Is there anywhere you can see the revised weights for the handicaps on day 1? Looking at Card in Irish racing and its sorting it alphabetically. Any help appreciated . They won't release that media pack again will they?
                          Racing post should have them under big race entries? you can sort by marks etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                            Racing post should have them under big race entries? you can sort by marks etc.
                            Got it sorted. Thanks for help

Comment

• Initially I had banged on about Squouateur for the Close Brothers Handicap on day, unfortunately he doesn't look like making the weights but has an entry and has been well backed for the Kim Muir. He has looked like a plot, as stated previously, all along by JP, and what really intrigues me is Jamie Codd has said he will probably ride one for Gordon Elliott, not specifically stating this race, but I being a JP owned horse I think this may be the one! Still 8/1, IF Codd jumps on board he'll be nearer half that come the day!

Comment

• @COD, I was at a preview with Elliott on Wednesday and Codd rides for him in the KM. Ruby also waded in saying he was a "good thing" in the Kim Muir.

Comment

Working...
                                X