Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Previews 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading into Larry Tomkins sports bar here in Cork tonight for preview night with Nina Carberry, Enda Bolger & Tony Mullins. Depending on how much alcohol is consumed I'll either post something late tonight or early tomorrow. 2 more weeks folks!!!!

Comment

• theporge,
      many thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by theporge View Post
        Heading into Larry Tomkins sports bar here in Cork tonight for preview night with Nina Carberry, Enda Bolger & Tony Mullins. Depending on how much alcohol is consumed I'll either post something late tonight or early tomorrow. 2 more weeks folks!!!!
        Porge! Don't get so drunk you can't understand them . Actually wait they are jockeys-they are hard to understand as it is!

I have been checking this forum page for days now and it's very short on preview night write ups- just as Twitter is. Am i.still a bit early.

Comment

• Don’t keep us in suspense "theporge"!

Comment

• theporge is currently having a berocca with a pint of water and a large bacon butty

Comment

• Has anyone flagged up the live streams?

The only one I can find is the Cheltenham one on the 12th. Is that going to clash with ATR?

Comment

• Betfair preview is streamed tomorrow night

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  Betfair preview is streamed tomorrow night
                  Looking forward to this Faugheen! Do we know what time it is due to start?

Comment

• It's usually on around 8pm. Kevin Blake, PFN, Gordon Elliott and Dave Yates on the panel.

They have said they'll be doing some enhanced prices on selected horses.

Comment

• Originally posted by theporge View Post
                      Heading into Larry Tomkins sports bar here in Cork tonight for preview night with Nina Carberry, Enda Bolger & Tony Mullins. Depending on how much alcohol is consumed I'll either post something late tonight or early tomorrow. 2 more weeks folks!!!!

Love Cork!

I'd imagine that TP is already well oiled, and will likely be hammered before it starts

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        It's usually on around 8pm. Kevin Blake, PFN, Gordon Elliott and Dave Yates on the panel.

They have said they'll be doing some enhanced prices on selected horses.
                        Thanks, I never expect these to throw up much in the way of bets but I still enjoy listening to them. It will be fingers in the ears time when Elliott talks about Empire Of Dirt because he has got the horse wrong all season. If it wasn't for the owners I suspect he would still be looking at handicaps. Presumably, Dave Yates is there just to make the others look good?

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                          Presumably, Dave Yates is there just to make the others look good?
                          It's in collaboration with the Mirror. I had to check because I wondering the same thing!

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                            It will be fingers in the ears time when Elliott talks about Empire Of Dirt because he has got the horse wrong all season. ?
                            What do you mean kb? Elliot has only had him for two runs. A €60k win in the Troytown and a 2nd in the Irish GC.

Comment

• Sydney Arms

and ....

Another yr another Cheltenham preview night all set to go at the Brave Nelson in Brentwood.

Last edited by Old Vic; 28 February 2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                                What do you mean kb? Elliot has only had him for two runs. A €60k win in the Troytown and a 2nd in the Irish GC.
                                Elliott had been banging on about him running in the Grand National, even talking about running him over hurdles to keep the weight down. How wasteful would that have been? He was never going to stay two miles beyond his optimum trip. He is obviously improving but he is 10 so this had to be his Grade 1 season. Hopefully, all goes well in the Ryanair and he will then tackle the Gold Cup horses in Punchestown. He hasn't really had the opportunity to confirm it but I think he is the best 2m5f-3m chaser in training, and the second best chaser in training.

Comment

Working...
                                X