Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Albert Bartlett Novices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

however Elliott mentioned DD as his best chance of a winner three times tonight...
    That would be good enough for me.

Comment

• I agree DD could well be the best horse/bet in the race or even the last days racing but like Can't catch me said this is turning into the best novice race I seen for sometime & for a hot race with unknowns about DD 2/1 to 11/4 is very short.

I not trying to put anyone off or trying to put the horse down, I know a lot of people have got good bets running on him, much bigger than my pennies on penhill anyway..

Comment

• Penhill isn't without his chance.

I have loved this race in previous years. Had a decent bet (relatively to my stakes that year) on Martello Tower.... had one of my biggest ever single bets on Barters Hill last year and I just loved that horse even though it didn't win and this year just looks a cracking renewal!

If I hadn't had a bet, I think I'd fancy Wholestone the most still! I have had a bet though, and DD I think is my best winner. Will check next weekend.

Comment

• Really like West Approach for this, think the form of a 3 length beating by unwimh is rock solid as I see unwimh as my banker of the festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by CauseofCauses View Post
            Really like West Approach for this, think the form of a 3 length beating by unwimh is rock solid as I see unwimh as my banker of the festival.
            Never managed to get his head in front of Wholestone though has he

Comment

• he hasn't, been watching their races all season and wholestone has impressed me, just like the way west approach travels through his races and think he did his chances in both those races with a couple of bad jumps. Thought ruby gave him a lovely ride in the cleve and could have even had a bit closer

Comment

• Gordon Elliot stable tour:

Death Duty

He goes for the Albert Bartlett, definitely. I’d say he’d have the pace for a Neptune but three miles he’s in his comfort zone. I think the race was made for him. He’s a big three-mile chaser in the making and I’ve said from flagfall it’s the race he’ll go for. He probably is a better hurdler than Don Cossack was at the same stage on form but he still has to go and do it when he goes chasing. He hasn’t done too much wrong this year. Nothing fazes him, he’s very laid back and they’re normally the best ones.

Comment

• As above... Death Duty

He will definitely run in the Albert Bartlett. The Neptune isn’t being considered for him. I just think the Albert Bartlett is made for him, he should really be in his comfort zone over three miles. I wouldn’t have any worries about better ground for him. Even if it turned up very soft, we’d just drop him in there and take our time with him. He’s the sort of horse that nothing phases him, he’s very laid back and doesn’t do anything flashy, but they are often the best ones. His form has been solid all the way and it’s hard to knock him. He’s a big three-mile chaser in the making and I’m looking forward to next season with him already.

Comment

• Ruby

I don’t think we’ve got too many dark horses for Cheltenham - most of ours are fairly exposed - but I think Augusta Kate could be sliding under the radar a little bit.

She was challenging Death Duty when she fell at the last in Naas on only her only her second start over hurdles and I think she’s a very good mare who will have a chance in whatever race Willie chooses to run her in.

Comment

• I really like HDB's Monalee for this. I know people will say, well he was easily disposed of by Death Duty at Navan getting 3pds, but i think the step up in trip will definitely help him and also, more crucially he hopefully wont have to set the pace the whole way round. He was essentially a sitting duck at Navan, and its very difficult to win from that position.
                      Henry has been quoted as saying he's a lovely moving horse and will like the good ground, but i have just bought the Irishfields Cheltenham magazine for a bit of reading, and he now says he thinks he might need it soft?!
                      I had him down as possibly improving more for the better ground than DD and therefore another reason for overturning the form. I was really taken by the way he disposed of The Storyteller, who has since hosed up. David never moved a muscle, and many (including me) think TS could be interesting at the festival this year.

Comment

• Jack. HdB has been adamant all along that they will run where Death Duty doesn't... so he looks likely to be going for the Neptune.

Agree with you, though, like the horse very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                          Jack. HdB has been adamant all along that they will run where Death Duty doesn't... so he looks likely to be going for the Neptune.

Agree with you, though, like the horse very much.

Yeah i've seen that, but he's also mentioned within that how much better he thinks the horse is over 3miles, so i wouldnt be surprised if he still ended up facing DD. As NRNB is now available i guess its possible to risk backing both! The worry for me about the Neptune is, it is often won by a horse that ideally runs in the Champion the year after, as it is run to suit a horse with pace. This horse gallops to the line rather than accelerates...

Comment

• Mixed messages about Wholestone

DJ says Wholestone is another in cracking form and he felt very good the other morning while Messire Des Obeaux has come out of his Huntingdon race better than he did the Challow. All roads lead to Cheltenham with this pair.

Comment

• Twisters are very sweet on Wholestone....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                Twisters are very sweet on Wholestone....
                                He's very sweet on everything he's running!

Comment

Working...
                                X