Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing has even come close to the time getabird clocked on his debut, can't wait to see if willie runs him again before Cheltenham.. Also have small interests in Carter mckay western Ryder and ballyward

Comment

Was the time that good CW?

Comment

I've just jumped on the getabird bandwagon and put him in with several short priced favs in multiples at his price of 6/1 giving a decent return

Comment

Take a look FM, even 2m on good to soft soft in places ground 3m 48s.. 1st time out as well.. ballyandy won the bumper last year with the exact same time on the same ground.. You can compare times with anything and anyone to support Any claim we like.. It's just one I was really impressed with

Comment

GE has said BBB could be kept to bumpers again this season, with one of the championship bumpers being the aim.

*Unlikely to be Cheltenham bumper given who the owners are
            Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 15 January 2017, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Last update I had seen That is disappointing. This says that BBB would be over a hurdle in Feb... not seen todays news. Bit disappointing.

Willie Mullins' high-class bumper horse Very Much So has been retired, while Gordon Elliott hopes to see Grade One winner Blow By Blow in action next month, as well as Lucky Pass.

Comment

Gordon has the Spud race covered ?

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                  Gordon has the Spud race covered ?
                  Better get BBB ready for the Neptune then, pronto

Comment

Vanessa Ryle out it on Twitter. I'll copy and paste the exactly what she said.....

Comment

@V_Binnie_Ryle: GE on Blow By Blow: "I may go back for one of the big Championship bumpers." - At least he wont have to bump into Death Duty for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        @V_Binnie_Ryle: GE on Blow By Blow: "I may go back for one of the big Championship bumpers." - At least he wont have to bump into Death Duty for a while.
                        Seems a bit of a waste of a season when it is likely they'll see BBB as a chaser in the long run?

I am a bit surprised and disappointed. Giggi don't buy them to win novice hurdles so why not get him in the mix. Seems odd from connections. I guess I could take it as a positive to DD?

Comment

Anyone heard anymore on Getabird? I vaguely remember hearing that he might not run again before Chelts so not concerned. I'm just surprised he hasn't shortened more based on his previous run. I almost had him down as this years Limini (in terms of a stable banker). I guess another win before now and then will see him 2/1. He makes up a good chunk of my multis.. im just annoyed i missed the 20s before his debut (i have Rubys terrible ride on VVM earlier that day to thank for that)

Comment

I havent heard anything DeeBee, but as someone who was on Limini in a big way last year, I wouldn't worry as I was having these exact same thoughts last year!! She was still 4/1 and 5/1 at this stage of the season.

I'm also on Getabird, and am positive the horse will shorten as we get closer.

Comment

They always said that Getabird would probably go straight to the Fez.
                              I haven't gone in yet, but need to before the 5/1 goes...

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                                They always said that Getabird would probably go straight to the Fez.
                                I haven't gone in yet, but need to before the 5/1 goes...
                                Same here Leman, hadnt paid much attention to this market but need to get a bit of 5s

Comment

Working...
                                X