Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cheltenham JLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WP is ground dependant isn't he? No real reason making Polit much shorter?

Comment

• Yorkhill wins. Just put him in your accas with Harry and VVM.

Comment

• You seem fairly certain Archie - have you heard any recent reports on him. I wish Charbel was going here - hopefully they'll see sense and change their minds.

Comment

• No inside knowledge, FM, just that he's been called their best chance for several months. I refer you to last year when he thrashed Yanworth who has a decent CH chance. Nothing of that calibre here so his only danger is concentration. Should be odds on for me.

Comment

• Personally, I don't like the way he jumps out to his left. I've been against him all season but do have him in a small number of multiples as insurance.

Comment

• I would expect Ruby is not looking forward to Yorkhill.

Big expectation on a mule. Yanworth is another dodgepot imo.

Comment

• I see Yorkhill as either very thick or very bright. Either way, he only jumps left when he has too much time to think about it and it's not an insurmountable handicap at Cheltenham*

* see V = Vautour who would have been favourite for the Gold Cup if he'd survived.

Comment

• I think Yorkhill is a ridiculous price. His jumping is a big concern and the fact that he isn't the easiest to settle might well make stamina another issue. He might well be all over the place. Un De Sceaux isn't going to win and this one should make a nice double for the layers.

It appears Walsh owns the rail in Ireland. It will be up to the other jocks to make sure he doesn't get such an easy ride at the Festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                    I think Yorkhill is a ridiculous price. His jumping is a big concern and the fact that he isn't the easiest to settle might well make stamina another issue. He might well be all over the place. Un De Sceaux isn't going to win and this one should make a nice double for the layers.

It appears Walsh owns the rail in Ireland. It will be up to the other jocks to make sure he doesn't get such an easy ride at the Festival.
                    Surely if the thing is going to jump left you want to let him have the rail rather than jump across you?

Comment

I think Yorkhill is a ridiculous price. His jumping is a big concern and the fact that he isn't the easiest to settle might well make stamina another issue. He might well be all over the place. Un De Sceaux isn't going to win and this one should make a nice double for the layers.

Which jockey out of Jacob, Cooper, STD and NdB is going to be removing Ruby from the position he wants to be in? It was up to the other jocks in all the other races Ruby has been 'allowed' to dominate, race after race, year after year.

If he owns the rail anywhere, it is Cheltenham. The field isn't big enough to cause a problem anyway.

I can't see Yorkhill beaten if he completes the course. I can see UDS beaten if he completes the course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Which jockey out of Jacob, Cooper, STD and NdB is going to be removing Ruby from the position he wants to be in? It was up to the other jocks in all the other races Ruby has been 'allowed' to dominate, race after race, year after year.

If he owns the rail anywhere, it is Cheltenham. The field isn't big enough to cause a problem anyway.

I can't see Yorkhill beaten if he completes the course. I can see UDS beaten if he completes the course.
                        I would agree it is disappointing that the other jocks haven't done more in the past but plenty of Walsh's winners have had plenty in hand and were far less fragile talents than Yorkhill.

You are a supporter and even you have doubts about him completing? In my opinion at that sort of price jumping shouldn't be such an issue.

Comment

I would agree it is disappointing that the other jocks haven't done more in the past but plenty of Walsh's winners have had plenty in hand and were far less fragile talents than Yorkhill.

You are a supporter and even you have doubts about him completing? In my opinion at that sort of price jumping shouldn't be such an issue.
                          I didn't say I had doubts, I said if he completes he won't be beaten. I think the same about Douvan and Altior - and I am not on at 6/4 or anything close to that

I don't think Yorkhill is as good as either of those, I just don't think the opposition are good enough to stop him. Certainly wouldn't want the field at 4/6?!

I like little Top Notch, but he only has beaten horses that are going for handicaps (Sizing Codelco, Baron Alco, Le Prezien, Romain De Senam) ... fair enough he beat them, but not with loads in hand. If those turned up in the JLT they'd be big outsiders. IF he is the best of "the field" at 4/6, I think you're brave - or banking on a fall - which isn't an enjoyable way to bet imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            I didn't say I had doubts, I said if he completes he won't be beaten. I think the same about Douvan and Altior - and I am not on at 6/4 or anything close to that

I don't think Yorkhill is as good as either of those, I just don't think the opposition are good enough to stop him. Certainly wouldn't want the field at 4/6?!

I like little Top Notch, but he only has beaten horses that are going for handicaps (Sizing Codelco, Baron Alco, Le Prezien, Romain De Senam) ... fair enough he beat them, but not with loads in hand. If those turned up in the JLT they'd be big outsiders. IF he is the best of "the field" at 4/6, I think you're brave - or banking on a fall - which isn't an enjoyable way to bet imo
                            I backed both Clan Des Obeaux (I know, dreadful) and Coney Island so those have gone west. Case of waiting to the day and maybe leave the race alone.

I think some horses can find a way to get beat irrespective of the opposition. In my view Yorkhill isn't even remotely a safe proposition. Nobody wants to see any horse fall but it is something a punter has to take into consideration.

I wouldn't argue that Top Notch had loads in hand but I wouldn't argue that Yorkhill had loads in hand of Jett either. It is a case of make up your own mind because Walsh isn't going to give out a negative spin. Personally, I thought he was nudging him out and not a lot was happening. He certainly wasn't careering away on the bridle.

Comment

• Watching Yorkhill after racing today - I wouldn't want to have a sizeable bet at 6/4. Absolutely hates jumping fences, having a jockey on his back, being in front, being near horses, settling, going straight ....

Comment

• He jumped more fences good than bad? agree with the other parts he's a quirky sort!

Comment

Working...
                                X