Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cheltenham JLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Just me and you in the Top Notch fan club then robith
    I signed up to BetBright today to nab the 5s left on Top Notch and get a free bet - they won't take £20 on him. Don't think I'll bother with them

Comment

• That is unbelievable. They should have their licence withdrawn for that type of behaviour.

Comment

• I think it was last year BetBright had an offer for 50/1 ANY horse to win the supreme. I'm sure the small print was something like paid out in £1 free bets

I know these free bets/big odds for new customers are bad but they seem to be even worse

Comment

• Top Notch form

outside Cheltenham 1112213111
          at Cheltenham 255

Doesnt tell the whole story - beaten by a neck in Triumph and a respectable 5th in champion hurdle but enough to hold me back.

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
            I signed up to BetBright today to nab the 5s left on Top Notch and get a free bet - they won't take £20 on him. Don't think I'll bother with them
            Ricci just likes to take, he doesn't give much back

Comment

• Bit harsh on the Top Notch form, 5th in a CH is better than a lot of the rivals have achieved - easy to say with a 20/1 slip . The price now looks silly though, for all that I like him.

What are the chances that Bellshill runs in this race (obviously if Yorkhill moves) ... 5/1 NRNB doesn't strike me as good value, 12s is best price but obviously no concession... Anyone covering? Would anyone fancy him?

Comment

• At the start of the season Patrick Mullins was pretty adament on the JLT being the ideal distance for Bellshill. He said 3miles really stretched him and felt he was running on empty in the Aintree and Punchestown races.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                  At the start of the season Patrick Mullins was pretty adament on the JLT being the ideal distance for Bellshill. He said 3miles really stretched him and felt he was running on empty in the Aintree and Punchestown races.
                  Hmmm. Well that is intersting. I don't know if I'd be happy sat with Bellshill at 5s.

I want Yorkhill to ruuuuuun

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    I want Yorkhill to ruuuuuun
                    Hear hear!

Comment

• I've put 1 point at 77/1 on Bellshill JLT / Might Bite RSA double with boyle.

I can afford the 1 point hit if yorkhill runs instead (fingers crossed) but feel like both Bells and MB would both shorten to fav if this switch happened ...

More risk that 5s nrnb but seems a good price to my little eye

Comment

• I would love Yorkhill to be supplemented into the CH and Bellshill to run here, however don't see it. Whisper will place is the biggest guarantee IMO.

Comment

• I'd have to consider Might Bite switching to this. I think an aggressive ride on the speed over 2m4f suits him far better than the 3m slog in an RSA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                            I'd have to consider Might Bite switching to this. I think an aggressive ride on the speed over 2m4f suits him far better than the 3m slog in an RSA.
                            I can't see it happening though .... Kevin Blake makes that point about thistlecrack ... but it won't happen? If he was in this I'd back him though. I think he has star quality
                            Last edited by Kevloaf; 9 February 2017, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                              I'd have to consider Might Bite switching to this. I think an aggressive ride on the speed over 2m4f suits him far better than the 3m slog in an RSA.
                              Agreed. I seem to be alone in thinking he was cooked at Kempton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morning Glory View Post
                                Agreed. I seem to be alone in thinking he was cooked at Kempton.
                                I'd be surprised if he won the RSA. I do think the JLT is a better race for him but agree he will run in the RSA as Hendo already has Top Notch for this.

Comment

Working...
                                X