Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cheltenham JLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
    Same race that Killultagh Vic won last season before being cut across the board for the JLT.
    Now that is EXCELLENT regarding the target. I'm 100% certain I read about Mullins sending his house in that exact race being his JLT horse! I actually think I read it on this forum about this time last year, certainly before I joined. Id live to find it again but I'm sure this entry has been a factor in yorkhill shortening earlier in the week for the JLT.

I'm beaming .... still has to turn up, jump well, win, get to Chelt sound, run around, not fall and win .... but still, baby steps and this is a huuuuge positive. I do however remember taking KV at 12s at this stage and he was 2/1 after the race haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Now that is EXCELLENT regarding the target. I'm 100% certain I read about Mullins sending his house in that exact race being his JLT horse! I actually think I read it on this forum about this time last year, certainly before I joined. Id live to find it again but I'm sure this entry has been a factor in yorkhill shortening earlier in the week for the JLT.

I'm beaming .... still has to turn up, jump well, win, get to Chelt sound, run around, not fall and win .... but still, baby steps and this is a huuuuge positive. I do however remember taking KV at 12s at this stage and he was 2/1 after the race haha
      Was also on at 12-1 ! Shame hes been injured this season would of made a very strong Ryanair or gold cup contender

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
        Same race that Killultagh Vic won last season before being cut across the board for the JLT.
        Vautour the year before that too!

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
          Vautour the year before that too!
          You got a quick list of past winners of the race?

Comment

• Last 5 years. All pointers for the JLT for Mullins, happy days

2016 - Killutagh Vic - Injured but fav for JLT
            2015 - Vautour - won JLT
            2014 - Djakadam - fell in the JLT
            2013 - Texas Jack (Marito for Mullins ran in this and then the JLT)
            2012 - Sir des Champs - won JLT

Comment

• That's the ticket. In Mullins bingo that is about as good as we canb hope for. I backed SDS I think too, against Peddlers Cross wasn't it? Went off 2nd fav? - I know I could just look this up in a matter of seconds but hoping my memroy is spot on... if not I'll come back and edit the post. I just remember backing SDS at 4/1 and think PEddlers Cross bombed out.

Don't remember Marito, I backed Dynaste and Aupcharlie that year.

2014 I was on Felix Yonger not Djakadam! (And Wonderful Charm), 2015 Vautour brought in my biggest ever return (treble from Xmas with UDS Arkle and Faugheen CH) and last year as mentioned earlier, was on KV at 12's but ended up with BH anyway....

One of my fav races come to think of it

Comment

• What is everyone's thoughts on Blue Et Rouge's target and his suspect jumping on big occasions? He looks well overpriced in all possible races if he sorts his jumping out?

WM quoted he jumps sounds at home and he clearly has a serious engine. I could be tempted to back him on the day with a different pilot!

Comment

• He's a horse I really like and followed him in his novice hurdle campaign. The engine is definitely there and I'm not too worried about his jumping. I'd love him to show up in the 4 miler.

Comment

• Agree FM. U think that's his target?

Comment

• I think it looks the most likely target but my record of predicting where WPM send his horses is a bit iffy to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        I think it looks the most likely target but my record of predicting where WPM send his horses is a bit iffy to say the least.
                        You're not alone !!!

Comment

• What do people make of Charbel for this? Available at 33-1 first race over fences he beat both top notch and Le prezien who are both now best priced 20-1 then got closer than anything over fences against Altior (still got stuffed though) they mentioned afterwards trying him over further and you'd think they'd want to avoid Altior again and I just think he may be overpriced at 33s

Comment

• Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
                            What do people make of Charbel for this? Available at 33-1 first race over fences he beat both top notch and Le prezien who are both now best priced 20-1 then got closer than anything over fences against Altior (still got stuffed though) they mentioned afterwards trying him over further and you'd think they'd want to avoid Altior again and I just think he may be overpriced at 33s
                            Definitely agree. Very good poster on here but him up, not sure if the read-up is still available but someone will know...

Comment

• I fancied him (Charbel) as an outside eachway play for the Arkle so wouldn't put you off a bet at 33's. Like you say he ran a cracking race against Altior and a better jump at the last would have meant he finished closer to the winner than he did (for all Altior was still only in second gear)

He beat Le Prezien and Top Notch on his chase debut. Also showed smart form in his hurdles season - 5th in the Supreme, 2.5L behind Yanworth at Ascot and beat Brain power by 11L's too.

Not a race I like to get stuck into too early and I think it will have a fair bit of depth to it but he's a horse I certainly like

Comment

• Yorkhill cantered all over them there

Comment

Working...
                                X