Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Mares Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That would be one of the bigger Mullins s**tstorms...

10am 8/3; VVM is confirmed for the Mares
    12:30pm 8/3; VVM is staying at home

Comment

• Ive always thought VVM would go Stayers.

Comment

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
        Ive always thought VVM would go Stayers.
        Me too and Limini in the Mares

Comment

• Originally posted by loveracing View Post
          Ive always thought VVM would go Stayers.
          Same here and wrote in the Stayers Thread end of January that she has never looked like a 2 miler this season anyway, looks sluggish or lack of pace over that trip, can't see her going CH route.

Comment

• Hard to believe Ruby won't have anything for the CH though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              Hard to believe Ruby won't have anything for the CH though?
              Its not his problem.

Comment

• Think will have to give up this ante post lark. Still none d wider on vvm target or Moon racer both still multiple entries. It's a hard game

Comment

• Yanworth 9/1
                  UDS 7/1
                  Wholestone 16/1
                  VVM 10/1 stayers

Looks so good if she runs there!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SH1591 View Post
                    Yanworth 9/1
                    UDS 7/1
                    Wholestone 16/1
                    VVM 10/1 stayers

Looks so good if she runs there!!!
                    Got my fingers crossed for you SH!

Comment

• I'm hoping VVM is going for Champion hurdle, for me shes a better mare than Limini and a fast run 2m will suit.I dont think shes an out and out stayer and think in an open year the Champion Hurdle is the race for her.

Comment

• From Mullins:

We just decided not to do it,” Mullins said shortly after Limini’s name failed to appear on the list of horses entered for the Champion Hurdle. “I really don’t want to say much more about it now. I imagine she’ll run in the mares’ race.”

Asked what his decision about Limini means for Vroum Vroum Mag, Mullins said: “I really don’t know. We don’t have to make that decision yet, anyway. The only decision we’ve made this morning is not to pay the £20,000 to put Limini in the Champion.”

Asked for the main reason why he had ruled out the Champion Hurdle for Limini, Mullins replied: “We just decided it wasn’t worth it.”

Comment

• From the RP: Willie Mullins said on Wednesday: "Limini is fine, but we just decided not to supplement her for the Champion Hurdle. The plan now is for her to go for the Grade 1 OLBG Mares' Hurdle.

"No decision has been made on which race Vroum Vroum Mag will run in. She has plenty of options so we'll wait and see."

I'd imagine it's one of 3 options for VVM now, CH, Stayers' or doesn't turn up at all, don't think they'll have them against each other personally.

Comment

• Tuesday's runners travel over on Saturday so you'd imagine that a piece of work between now and then will make their decision for them. I'd heard the Champion or the Mares for VVM but there's been time for a dozen changes of mind since then.

Comment

• Just had to take some of the 6/4 Sky kindly offer on Limini...

Comment

• Rich Ricci:

"What you can do is to be too clever by half, spread yourself too thin and walk away with nothing. I'm not interested in that after the year we've had so, although it wouldn't be my usual stance, I wouldn't be against both Limini and Vroum Vroum Mag taking each other on.

Both are working well, there is still a week to go and we won't be calling that until the weekend I'd imagine."

Surely not?!

Comment

Working...
                                X