Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
    Totally unconfirmed but rumours are abound that Ruby will ride Crack Mome in the Supreme while Paul Townend will take Melon
    Rumours? where they from, haven't seen this anywhere and theres no chance iMO

Comment

Totally unconfirmed but rumours are abound that Ruby will ride Crack Mome in the Supreme while Paul Townend will take Melon
      No sign of this on the exchanges yet.

Comment

• Moon Racer strong in the exchanges for this. An announcement imminent?

Comment

• cant say at present chaps. I must admit I would be shocked.

Comment

Paul Townend was adamant he wanted the ride on Bunk off early, is that one drifting then,

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              Moon Racer strong in the exchanges for this. An announcement imminent?
              Son said they were making decision today...so yeah

very much hope they lean towards Supreme!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Look at West Approach and Wholestone. WA raced in open company so got a higher rating than he would have if he hadn't run 3rd behind UNWIMH.

Another example is Altior's rating. Only as high as it is because he raced in open company.
                You've had to find a 2nd season novice hurdler (no interruptions) with 13 runs under it's belt and even that has clocked a 157 so 10lbs off what's needed in a championship race which would be the same for the CH, as I said and why Moon Racer won't be winning. Your other one is probably a superstar who shouldn't be compared.

They weren't under rated against other novices, they earned their rating. There would be a massive trend of novices winning open handicaps if the handicapper automatically gave them 10lbs less than what he thought in a Novice hurdle. There isn't and he doesn't.

Comment

• Why shouldn't Altior be compared? You said MR needed to be a stone better than his Supreme victory to win the Champion Hurdle - that isn't the case imo

Comment

• Moon Racer Champion Hurdle bound

Comment

• This result, on good ground at Cheltenham ....lis Pingshou over priced at 50/1? 1/4 the odds.

Plenty have talked up the 2nd (William Henry) needing good ground to show his best, which he had here, and he is a lovely outsider in the Neptune. (12s in places!)

I am sure I've read/heard someone tip this horse up recently too which I'd like to read/listen to again. It looks a very open supreme and if good ground is what this horse needs, he may outrun 50/1 odds?

Comment

• Move With The Times out

Comment

• Movewiththetimes out?

Comment

• Snap....

Comment

• Just confirmed in At The Races..!! Reeeally cutting up this one.

Comment

• Who is going to be the next one to miss the festival, I've never known anything like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X