Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
    So with all the speculation over Senewalk, has anybody seen or heard of anything else that may challenge for the opening race, I am keen on Moon Racer, also want to see Mullins others ( Koshari, Admiral Chief etc)
    Koshari could be running at Naas on Saturday. Will be interesting to see if it wins well what RR will do.. maybe I should of not put my eggs all in one basket with Senewalk :/

Comment

Originally posted by mouseyaa21 View Post
      Koshari could be running at Naas on Saturday. Will be interesting to see if it wins well what RR will do.. maybe I should of not put my eggs all in one basket with Senewalk :/
      Think your eggs are pretty safe.

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
        Moon Racer at Cheltenham this weekend, could be clear Fav come Monday if all goes well
        Now is the fav, anyone worried about the speculative Champion Hurdle comments?

... I'm not...

and did NTD mention a step up in trip for Ballyandy? The pundits did elude to it on something I saw but I didn't see/hear anything conclusive. I had a very speculative double after the Perth run just in case we'd witnessed a race for the ages back on the early season day haha

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Think your eggs are pretty safe.
          Was not really impressed with much in the Supreme trial on Sunday. Hoping Senewalk can blow all that out of the water...

Comment

i thought Moon Racer was excellent and proved he has a real turn off foot, to do that off a slow pace marked him down as a very serious horse for this. We know he can travel at championship pace and if they stick to novice company i could see him going unbeaten. The Senewalk price is ridiculous even before you start to compare the achievements of Moon Racer.

Comment

I think Moon Racer is the right fav now ... it wasn't a two horse race and he won it with a turn of foot. as a bumper winner it can't be terrible form ...

If moon racer and senewalk swapped stables but had the exact same races to date, senewalk wouldn't even be quoted and moon racer would be no bigger than 2/1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by mouseyaa21 View Post
                Was not really impressed with much in the Supreme trial on Sunday. Hoping Senewalk can blow all that out of the water...
                You'd have to think Senewalk has more potential bad on everything we have heard so far ... Koshari was out of the race before she got in it, maybe fitness?

Comment

yeah a few fair points I must say relating to the hype of it being a RR horse and the record he has in this race, so agree with you on that aspect of things. To say MR was excellent is being very generous.. They got the tactics right but was not a smooth ride and if that is "excellent" then I do think it is very beatable, but only my opinion..

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    You'd have to think Senewalk has more potential bad on everything we have heard so far ... Koshari was out of the race before she got in it, maybe fitness?
                    As its RR main horse for this race I would side with him from past experience but can take the points on board that MR has won races this season to back up the claims.. no doubt this will all back fire on me when it turns out to be a flop in its first race loooool

Comment

The pace did not play to his strengths in my opinion and it was his pace that was the impressive thing whilst only been ridden out. If it was a stronger run race id of thought he would of won better and looked more impressive, either way about opinions and perceptions and thought it was excellent, and i would be surprised if he is beaten this season if kept to novice company.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if Senewalk didn't turn out to be RR's number one hope in the supreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          It wouldn't surprise me if Senewalk didn't turn out to be RR's number one hope in the supreme.
                          Inside info

Comment

I've heard bits and pieces and Senewalk has never been mentioned to me. Which ever way you look at it though, 12/1 for a horse that has never run for connections before is ludicrous. Put him with another trainer and he'd be a minimum of 33/1

Comment

They've been 'right' with the ante post one for the last few years... unless you count the Alleiz Colombiere (Spelling) season.

I still think Ricci tried to buy Melon, so I think that is the most likely to be the best Supreme horse in the yard, pre-season. No substance though.

Comment

I've heard bits and pieces and Senewalk has never been mentioned to me. Which ever way you look at it though, 12/1 for a horse that has never run for connections before is ludicrous. Put him with another trainer and he'd be a minimum of 33/1
                                well we could see senewalk at punchestown or cork this weekend as its been given entries fingers crossed
                                Last edited by mouseyaa21; 15 November 2016, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X