Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skybet have Lough Derg Spirit in at Evs Favourite. Jenkins @ 3/1 with Keep in Line.

Thoughts??

Comment

• Jenkins is priced as though he is an unlikely runner...

Comment

• That was my thought also, hope they keep both at 2 miles for the festival!!

Comment

• Jenkins goes for Kempton on boxing day so won't line up in this (as far as i'm aware). Really hoping LDS runs

Comment

• Captain Forez is jocked up already at Ascot on Friday in the Supreme trial. It'll be good if LDS does run as it may help show where he lies with Jenkins after CF came 3rd. On Jenkins form:
            T
            The 5th that day, beaten 14L - Hidden Cargo ran a decent (1L) 2nd behind the fav movewiththetimes today at Wincanton

Bags Grove also runs tomorrow at Newbury (3:10). Will give more pointers to the form of Jenkins hurdling debut (which I expect to be very good)

Comment

• I really hope Bags Grove wins impressively tomorrow. If he does, it starts to put some real substance to his [Jenkins] form.

Everything I've read suggests Jenkins will run at Kempton on boxing day, the race which Altior and Menorah won before going on to win the Supreme.

Comment

• Didn;t spot the 5th from Jenkins race running Move with the times to 1l ... Move with the times was 1/4 today?

If Bags Groove does win, this Jenkins form is starting to stack up REALLY well, as did his bumper/s?

I'd LOVE Bags Groove and LDS to win this week... I'm really starting to feel Jenkins could be a class apart and although I do really like Moon Racer, boosts to Jenkins form despite his jumping will make me get all giddy inside.... if he doesn't improve on boxing day then alarm bells will sound, but there aren't many trainers I'd prefer to have than Nicky at getting a horse to know what to do!

Likely to still be a price anyway as is the nature of the Supreme because SOMETHING from Ireland will get punted .... The tuesday is looking magnificent right now.

Comment

• Bags Grove loses out in a photo finish for 2nd. He travelled really well throughout but just couldn't shake the winner off. Pulled a long way ahead of 3rd though so although he didn't win I think it still helps bolster the Jenkins form albeit not as much as I'd have hoped

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                    Bags Grove loses out in a photo finish for 2nd. He travelled really well throughout but just couldn't shake the winner off. Pulled a long way ahead of 3rd though so although he didn't win I think it still helps bolster the Jenkins form albeit not as much as I'd have hoped
                    couldn't stay straight after the last. went way left into the winner. would have won otherwise

Comment

• I agree. Full mark to Richard Johnson as well - was a top ride on the winner getting the rail

Comment

• Interesting jockey bookings for the Henderson runners in the supreme trial at Ascot Friday:

Thomas Campbell - Barry Geraghty
                        Lough Derg Spirit - Jeremiah McGrath

Thoughts? JM rode LDS on his debut win, wonder if he'll take up all his rides? Would be surprised if TC was first choice over LDS?

Comment

• Maybe seen as pointless to get Barry on, as no chance he'd partner him in the Supreme as JP will retain him and definitely have a runner... whereas McGrath would be 'back up' to NDB and won on him before/already ....

Not like they need to teach it how to jump either based on LTO

Comment

• Good points.

Cannot wait to see Lough Derg Spirit tomorrow (can you tell I really rate the horse!! )

Cracking lineup:

CAPITAINE - 11-7
                            Sam Twiston-Davies
                            P F Nicholls

THOMAS CAMPBELL - 11-7
                            B J Geraghty
                            N J Henderson

KEEP IN LINE - 11-4
                            Wayne Hutchinson
                            A King

LOUGH DERG SPIRIT - 11-4
                            J McGrath
                            N J Henderson

BLUE SURF - 11-0
                            L P Aspell
                            Mrs A J Perrett

CAPTAIN FOREZ - 11-0
                            Harry Skelton
                            D Skelton

I really think the horse could lay down a strong marker for the Supreme tomorrow. We should be able to get a good gauge of where he stands in the Supreme market as you have:

Captain Forez beaten by Jenkins (7/1 Supreme fav) by 6 lengths

Keep in Line beaten by Moon Racer (8/1 2nd fav) by 3.25 lengths

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                              Good points.

Cannot wait to see Lough Derg Spirit tomorrow (can you tell I really rate the horse!! )

Cracking lineup:

CAPITAINE - 11-7
                              Sam Twiston-Davies
                              P F Nicholls

THOMAS CAMPBELL - 11-7
                              B J Geraghty
                              N J Henderson

KEEP IN LINE - 11-4
                              Wayne Hutchinson
                              A King

LOUGH DERG SPIRIT - 11-4
                              J McGrath
                              N J Henderson

BLUE SURF - 11-0
                              L P Aspell
                              Mrs A J Perrett

CAPTAIN FOREZ - 11-0
                              Harry Skelton
                              D Skelton

I really think the horse could lay down a strong marker for the Supreme tomorrow. We should be able to get a good gauge of where he stands in the Supreme market as you have:

Captain Forez beaten by Jenkins (7/1 Supreme fav) by 6 lengths

Keep in Line beaten by Moon Racer (8/1 2nd fav) by 3.25 lengths
                              I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the relative finishing positions of Captain Forez and Keep In Line with regards to formlines. Keep In Line was having his 3rd start when being beaten by Moon Racer who had also 1 run under his belt. Bith Captain Forez and Jenkins were making their debuts so it's not a case of comparing apples with apples. Also consider the Moon Racer win at Cheltenham was a very messy race too.

Comment

• SkyBet have gone NRNB on the Supreme ONLY.
                                Not sure whether this is a short-term offer, or whether it will be ongoing until the fez... but worth bearing in mind

Comment

Working...
                                X