Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Arkle Trophy Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate the name dropping types but (prepare to be slated) in the box I was in last Sat we were due Nicky Henderson's daughter, and having met her before I can assure you I was disappointed that I'd left by the time she arrived !
    She has confirmed that Altior is very well and exactly where they want him so assuming no setbacks it's all systems go for the horse, and they're very excited about what he can achieve.

Dan Skelton came in and said that Three Muskateers is heading for the Hennessy meeting, he stopped short of saying he could be a Gold Cup horse but he says the horse is very very good.

He was with the owners of Cinders & Ashes - who unbelievably were offered £1m by JP after that horse won the Supreme, and much to their regret they turned his down !
    They've paired up again to buy a horse a horse called Molly the Dolly, who won her only PTP and beat a horse who has since made the transition to rules and won at Cheltenham already this season (sorry don't know name), this one could be anything.
    They have a horse called Western Ryder who won his bumper in 2nd gear apparently, they rate the horse highly, due out again at The Rasen later this week. JP has once again been on the phone and offered £170k which they've turned down.

Few other useful snippets which I won't bore you with now....

Comment

• Did Dan Skelton mention Robin Roe at all?

Comment

• Thanks for the info Ista, very informative.

Comment

• Cracking info - thanks Insta. Great to hear regarding Altior.

He was with the owners of Cinders & Ashes - who unbelievably were offered £1m by JP after that horse won the Supreme, and much to their regret they turned his down !
          I've always thought if I was ever to get into a lucky position of owning a racehorse i'd turn down any offer but that is just unreal! Especially considering how his career panned out after.

Three Musketeers is a funny one for me. He's always been massively thought of by the yard but I've always been a little disappointed by him. He did run a great race for a long way in the JLT and I then expected a big run at Aintree but he folded tamely there. Must be showing a hell of a lot at home though and I do expect at some point for the penny to drop for him.

Comment

• FM - sorry mate, I was literally introduced, handshake and I quickly blurted out a quick question about 3M....

Comment

• You can bore me with them

Comment

• Old Guard entered in the Betfair Price Rush Hurdle....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Old Guard entered in the Betfair Price Rush Hurdle....
                  Might win it too ? Will MTOY run ? Close to fighting fifth and Geraghty probably in Ascot for Yanworth ?

Comment

• Entries for the Novice Chase at Kempton on Monday over 2m2. Looks a nice opener for Altior

ALTIOR (N J Henderson)

BARNEY DWAN (F O'Brien)

BLACK CORTON (P F Nicholls)

BROTHER BENNETT (Miss Z C Davison)

CHARMIX (Harry Fry)

LETTHERIVERRUNDRY (B G Powell)

RED DEVIL STAR (S Smith)

Comment

• He'll be short enough looking at those. Absolutely no way I'll have a penny on that race ... just watching ams hoping it is impressive and the decision to go chasing looks smart ... next year I'm hoping this is a champion chase contender! Long long long way to go, but the road had to start somewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                        Entries for the Novice Chase at Kempton on Monday over 2m2. Looks a nice opener for Altior

ALTIOR (N J Henderson)

BARNEY DWAN (F O'Brien)

BLACK CORTON (P F Nicholls)

BROTHER BENNETT (Miss Z C Davison)

CHARMIX (Harry Fry)

LETTHERIVERRUNDRY (B G Powell)

RED DEVIL STAR (S Smith)
                        Altior vs Black Corton... how disappointing. A two horse race

Comment

• 63 length win and cut to 2/1 fav

Comment

• I was against the forum and my ante post book is littered with min for the arkle e/w at 8/1 and a couple of savers on identity thief at 16/1, hoping more than 7 runners turn up now to get the three places, wonder if this effects yorkhills season in anyway....

Comment

• Looked good today Altior, can't wait for Min to run, Ricci very bullish about this season, just hope there isn't something a miss in Mullins yard

Comment

• I've got Min covered too and I hope it affects Yorkhill, in that he ends up in the JLT!

Paz? Even if it was amiss now, it won't be by Cheltenham...?

Comment

Working...
                                X