Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mytentoryours1 View Post
    I wouldn't say enough doubt that Harry is better. Victim of his own versatility, good enough to win a Christmas Hurdle on fast ground on a really sharp track and competitive over three, whereas Harry (good horse though he is) only capable of running in this race. I'd say that was consideration for switching Yanworth.
    We don't know Yanworth is any good at 3 do we? Never tried it and unbeaten over 2m so far... Just saying that would cause some doubt

The better this ground is, the more I think I should be on Brain Power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morning Glory View Post
      Agree with that. Massive improvement this year. Anyone got quotes from David Mullins on PM ? If he had the pick of BP and PM which would he have ?
      Haven't seen anything from DM, would have thought Bryan Cooper is getting the ride though no..? Thought that his best rides have come in Cooper's hands too so I would be happy with that. HdB has been bullish about him in previews though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seemorebusiness View Post
        Haven't seen anything from DM, would have thought Bryan Cooper is getting the ride though no..? Thought that his best rides have come in Cooper's hands too so I would be happy with that. HdB has been bullish about him in previews though.

Petit Mouchoir is the best chance from Ireland in proven form. Brain Power has to make the jump to Grade One level. But I seen no reason why he can’t. It’s a wide-open Champion Hurdle and he does everything so easy,” Mullins said.

Comment

• Just can't be having brain power at all in this. You've got to respect collateral form and charbel beat brain power 11 lengths eased down last year on good ground. If you're basing the brain power pick on his improvement then I dont think his two races this year have shown anywhere near the vast improvement there would have to be for him to be a contender in this. He beat kayf blanco 4 lengths this season, ballyandy beat the same horse 13 lengths. As I've stated previously moon racer has a real shot in this for me and I'd back him all day long in a match bet with brain power. Yanworth I'm backing to slowly reel them in and get up on the line though, dependent as always on the ride

Comment

• Only 12 declared.

Comment

• VVM the one to pull out perhaps.....?

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                VVM the one to pull out perhaps.....?
                or Wicklow Brave ?

Comment

• According to twitter Wicklow Brave is already at Cheltenham.

Comment

• VVM to Mares

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No Vroum Vroum Mag in the final field of 12 for the <a href="https://twitter.com/stanjames">@stanjames</a> Champion Hurdle <a href="https://twitter.com/CheltenhamRaces">@CheltenhamRaces</a> on Tuesday <a href="https://t.co/FM1urITw32">pic.twitter.com/FM1urITw32</a></p>&mdash; PA Racing (@PAracing) <a href="https://twitter.com/PAracing/status/840869381840207872">March 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
                      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Confirmed, no VVM. She runs against Limini and AJ

Comment

• Ruby on Footpad I think

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Confirmed, no VVM. She runs against Limini and AJ
                            Is Limini still in mares novice?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                              Is Limini still in mares novice?
                              No shes in mares, she won mares novice last year!

Bit frustrated vvm isn't taking her chance elsewhere (here) but we normally moan when Ricci horses don't face off, so i guess we may as well praise it!

Comment

• From listening to various previews the thinking from connections seems to be that the less rain we have the less chance BD has and the chances increase for BP, I agree with the comments about PM having the best Irish form and he carries my money, but I'm worried about his ability to see out the trip up the hill

Comment

Working...
                                X