Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I thought they were of the opinion that Limini was better than VVM. I can't see any piece of form that makes VVM single figures, and on her last run you'd give her no chance. She's guaranteed to be over bet if lining up here.
    From my recent replies i sound like a VVM fanboy- i'd like to point out i am not but i do think 9s wont be there on the day and that interests me as a back to lay.

Her last run wouldn't be what i would fully judge her by, she was under weather and if any man can get them right for the day its WPM, see Vautour last year and Rubys comments on him saying he wouldnt have been racing if it was him!

Its difficult to suggest she will get the run of the race like Punchestown last year, but she beat a fair horse then in Identity Thief who supposedly didn't take to the Cheltenham atmosphere last year hence his terrible run. He went off 8/1 in what was another poor champion hurdle.

The form isn't great, but she will have 7 pounds, Ruby on board and at 9s i can't be arguing too much considering the amount of question marks there are over the rest as well? None of the horses are "stars" and they all have glaring question marks.

Comment

• Moon Racer lining up for this

Comment

• Yes just confirmed

Comment

• Excellent. A brave but correct decision.

Comment

• Well he doesn't fit many of the trends... Do we think he's got a solid chance in this? With an interrupted prep?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seemorebusiness View Post
              Well he doesn't fit many of the trends... Do we think he's got a solid chance in this? With an interrupted prep?
              Do we call this an interrupted prep, its no different from when he won the bumper, in fact a month worse off.

He has a great ew shout with a chance if improved again.

Comment

• Wouldn't fit many trends because there aren't many novices who try. Valirimix (spelt wrong?) was the last one i can remember.

I don't think he'll win but still believe it is the correct thing to do with a fragile 8 year old novice who is clearly very talented.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  Wouldn't fit many trends because there aren't many novices who try. Valirimix (spelt wrong?) was the last one i can remember.

I don't think he'll win but still believe it is the correct thing to do with a fragile 8 year old novice who is clearly very talented.
                  Yes the correct decision in my opinion too. See Coneygree, you don't know whether you'll be there next year and you don't know what else might be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                    From my recent replies i sound like a VVM fanboy- i'd like to point out i am not but i do think 9s wont be there on the day and that interests me as a back to lay.

Her last run wouldn't be what i would fully judge her by, she was under weather and if any man can get them right for the day its WPM, see Vautour last year and Rubys comments on him saying he wouldnt have been racing if it was him!

Its difficult to suggest she will get the run of the race like Punchestown last year, but she beat a fair horse then in Identity Thief who supposedly didn't take to the Cheltenham atmosphere last year hence his terrible run. He went off 8/1 in what was another poor champion hurdle.

The form isn't great, but she will have 7 pounds, Ruby on board and at 9s i can't be arguing too much considering the amount of question marks there are over the rest as well? None of the horses are "stars" and they all have glaring question marks.
                    Spot on Jack - a proper back to lay.

Moonracer going to be shorter on the day too.

Comment

• What are people's thoughts on Yanworth. I think he is a very good horse but not necessarily for this race and he now looks awfully short at 3/1. A horse he reminded me of was Inglis Drever. Beaten in the Neptune when hot favourite, then campaigned over 2m with success. I think his last run before beating Baracouda in the Stayers was a similarly workmanlike success at Wincanton. There is no doubt in my mind that he would win the Stayers but the Champion?

Comment

• King is very bullish about him. He is far from straightforward though.

Comment

• MTOY - No doubt Yanworth would win the stayers? No doubt?

That's a bit strong. Enough doubt that UNWIMH is better because they literally changed his target.

I made my case for Yanworth and I don't see what should be shorter than him in the betting? Doesn't mean he had to won but there isn't a strong case to displace him to my mind?

Comment

• Don't quite think people are giving Petit Mouchoir the respect he deserves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seemorebusiness View Post
                              Don't quite think people are giving Petit Mouchoir the respect he deserves.
                              Agree with that. Massive improvement this year. Anyone got quotes from David Mullins on PM ? If he had the pick of BP and PM which would he have ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                MTOY - No doubt Yanworth would win the stayers? No doubt?

That's a bit strong. Enough doubt that UNWIMH is better because they literally changed his target.

I made my case for Yanworth and I don't see what should be shorter than him in the betting? Doesn't mean he had to won but there isn't a strong case to displace him to my mind?
                                I wouldn't say enough doubt that Harry is better. Victim of his own versatility, good enough to win a Christmas Hurdle on fast ground on a really sharp track and competitive over three, whereas Harry (good horse though he is) only capable of running in this race. I'd say that was consideration for switching Yanworth.
                                Last edited by Mytentoryours1; 12 March 2017, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X