Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see it being close to that. VVM will definitely go short being Ruby's ride and a lot of people on the day will (wrongly) make the connection with Annie Power and think it'll be a repeat this year.

I think PM will drift to at least 8's with both Brain Power and Moon Racer (if he turns up) both being single figures. I actually think Moon Racer and PM could flip flop in the prices you mentioned (again wrongly)

As much as I want to side with Buveur D'Air and see him cruise past these to a 3 length victory I think i've finally sided with Yanworth being the one in this race

Comment

• Ch'Tibello would be my bet at those prices. He was only a length behind Yanworth LTO having led shortly after the last. If the breathing op can bring out a little improvement and Harry Skelton can hold onto him slightly longer, he has a chance in what is an open year. VVM would be a certain lay for me at those prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
        Ruby has a decision of either:

Footpad
        Wicklow Brave
        VVM

Even with a below par VVM i'd be amazed if he's not on her. He doesn't have a hope on either of the other 2 imo even without taking into account VVM's 7lb allowance. They'll run her in this race even if she's not firing hoping she sparks on the day.
        Arguable that he even has the option of Footpad as Daryl Jacob trained by the owners.

He will be on VVM and she will shorten but id be surprised if she wins. If Moonracer goes he will be pricewise imo.

Comment

• Vroum Vroum Mag arguably the most overrated horse in training. Has been extremely well placed. Beaten by Apple's Jade who is a pale shadow of last year and fell over the line against a second division mare at Doncaster. Not up to it even if this was the worst Champion Hurdle ever.

Comment

• I've had the same opinion for weeks now that VVM will run here. Where else can she run? Mares, why? you've Limini who should have a favs chance. Mullins/Ricci have gone on record to say that VVM is the better of the two. The stable hasn't got anything else to run in the race.

Comment

• A very good stat that has saved me an awful lot of money over the last few years is A.King 1/82 over hurdles, no thanks.

Comment

• I thought they were of the opinion that Limini was better than VVM. I can't see any piece of form that makes VVM single figures, and on her last run you'd give her no chance. She's guaranteed to be over bet if lining up here.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                  A very good stat that has saved me an awful lot of money over the last few years is A.King 1/82 over hurdles, no thanks.
                  Fair stat, BUT, has he had the horses? When he has ones good enough he had winners, Penzance & Katchit both won the Triumph before the latter then went on to the Champion Hurdle. Yanworth is a rare (these days) star for him, so wouldn't judge his ability to train a hurdle winner just on what he has had more recently.

Comment

• wouldn't disagree that she'll be over bet FM. She's a lot better than her last run, and with an allowance could sneak into the frame in what is a very poor CH.

Comment

• COD,
                      He had a very strong juvenile string last year, which all failed. Including Yanworth.

Comment

• COD,
                        King comes to the fez with another bunch of strong novice hurdlers. Lets see if he has any winners.

Comment

• Saying Yanworth failed seems harsh to me. Yorkhill is a potential superstar and was the only horse to beat him all season. I also think he had a bit of an issue at the back end of last season.

A surprising stat to me nonetheless!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Ch'Tibello would be my bet at those prices. He was only a length behind Yanworth LTO having led shortly after the last. If the breathing op can bring out a little improvement and Harry Skelton can hold onto him slightly longer, he has a chance in what is an open year. VVM would be a certain lay for me at those prices.

Yanworth came from a layout,will improve and it will be off level weights this time . He was a fair bit further behind him previously. But yes i see where your coming from with the price being what i put it up as!

I think VVM will def be shorter was/if declared for the race..and to be honest part of me can see why! Its wide open this year and yes her best form is over further, but she is pretty decent.

Comment

• I agree with CCM, Yorkhill, despite his quirks is an extremely talented individual, who would probably beat them all in the CH if he lined up. Yanworth wasn't a million miles away, so to reiterate what CCM has said, saying he failed seems harsh.

I never got the hype of his juveniles/novices last year until Yanworth put in that impressive performance prior to the festival but that was ONE horse, so to say they were strong would depend on how you viewed them, I certainly wasn't impressed.The one horse I think that has been overly hyped since last season for some reason is Sceau Royal, I just don't get it and I think the same will happen with Master Blueyes this year in the Triumph, he is under priced and probably won't be good enough to hit the frame IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                                Vroum Vroum Mag arguably the most overrated horse in training. Has been extremely well placed. Beaten by Apple's Jade who is a pale shadow of last year and fell over the line against a second division mare at Doncaster. Not up to it even if this was the worst Champion Hurdle ever.
                                A bit of a strong statement- and i think a lot of people are falling for "recency bias" when it comes to VVM.

Firstly, she fell over the line at Doncaster and was found not to be 100%, how often has she done that previously against horses rated like that? Never, so her form proves she was under the weather, and she still battled to win.

Secondly, she was beaten by AJ who had run like 3 times in a month or something ridiculous, was giving her 4pounds and complete race fitness. She arguably was given too much to do. Faugheen lost his debut something similar and i take it you were against him after that?

AJ a pale shadow of last year? I think you'll find its a heck of a lot more difficult coming from juveniles to open races and that is the issue with her. She is still a very good mare.

Comment

Working...
                                X