Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
    This may be a big mistake on my part but ive just backed Vroom Vroom Mag for this at 25/1.If the big 2 dont make this I can see Ricci and Mullins shuffling their pack, they have said VVM is the supersub and for me after Punchestown last backend VVM is best suited to a fast run 2m trip, She ran free over 3m last time out and thats what happened with Annie Power in the World Hurdle when she got beat.Annie eventually got her chance to run in the Champion Hurdle and to me Vroom Vroom has as good a chance to beat an average field this year too.
    Ive done the same with PP@25s. If the 2 big guns fall by the wayside super sub VVM will be waiting in the wings imo.

Comment

• the stats are against 9yo winning champion hurdles.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
        the stats are against 9yo winning champion hurdles.
        That's a line through Faugheen and Annie Power as well then...

Comment

• What a depressing race this will be if neither Faugheen and Annie Power turn up. I would be tempted to watch it on the TV in the bar!

Comment

• It really is. I'm finding it really hard to get excited about the race right now

Comment

• It would be comparable to the Sublimity Champion Hurdle, which was absolutely gash!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                It would be comparable to the Sublimity Champion Hurdle, which was absolutely gash!!
                16/1 winners are never gash !

Comment

• Were you on?

Comment

• VVM for the CH would be very disappointing. Yanworth was ante-post fav for the Christmas Hurdle prior to her not running too? (Personally think that was mental) but even so... not a lot between them?

Comment

• I was FM, I remember the heaviest downpour hitting the course an hour before racing, ground was soft and deep soft, and there were several quick ground horses at the head of the market that day too.
                      Hopefully Yanworth wins the second worse race this decade lol

Comment

• I'm gonna go left field a little with one of the Mullins possible runners and it's Ivan Grozny, rated too high for the handicaps now and has won well the last twice, think there is definite each way value in him, would rather him to brain power or superb story

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                          I was FM, I remember the heaviest downpour hitting the course an hour before racing, ground was soft and deep soft, and there were several quick ground horses at the head of the market that day too.
                          Hopefully Yanworth wins the second worse race this decade lol
                          Probably the biggest priced winner in recent years too. I remember him being 66/1 only a matter of weeks before the race.

It does have a similar feel to this season's race and IG isn't the craziest selection.

Comment

• Peace & Co has had a wind op and is to be entered ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                              Peace & Co has had a wind op and is to be entered ...
                              50/1 available... Might not even shorten

Comment

• I was listening to the racing post podcast about this race and one of the chaps on there said he's had a few quid e/w on Peace and Co. Pricewise also made a case for Ivan Grozny aswell so he might not be the worst selection in the race. Ive been on Annie Power in a single and an accumulator with Altior, Douvan and Thistlecrack so looks like a cracking bet will be turned to dust

Comment

Working...
                                X