Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm his biggest fan but couldn't entertain having a big bet on him without NRNB. Not only does he have to prove he is fit and well, he also could run in a different race.

Comment

• Gotta agree with FM

In a speculative multiple or two, you can get away with backing Faugheen now at the price he is.... but it is just impossible to have any confidence. I think it looks MOST LIKELY at this stage that Faugheen does run in the CH, and he WILL be odds on. However, even hearing that Limini could go for the Mares race and Mullins mentioning that as her target, would make me ASSUME Annie Power won't go in the Mares race as well, leaving her to go in the CH, and therefore create an option for Faugheen to run in the World Hurdle. I accept that isn't the MOST likely, but as it is a possibility, I just don't think you can risk a bet (hefty) on the single target at this stage.

Comment

• What on earth is this 12/1 for Brian Power all about. 25/1 didn't really tempt me but this is an insane price???

Comment

• Think it's pricewise tomorrow so the bookies are running for cover. It drives me mad - they chop the price on 3 out 4 horses the day before pricewise and then never push any of them out again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            What on earth is this 12/1 for Brian Power all about. 25/1 didn't really tempt me but this is an insane price???
            The pricewise picks for Cheltenham start tomorrow beginning with the champion hurdle. Presume because of all the blue Tom has picked Brain power.

Comment

• Superb Story is pricewise

Comment

• Let's see how many push Brain Power back out tomorrow - I'm guessing none!

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                  Superb Story is pricewise
                  jeez I know theres doubts about the big 2 but I would find it very hard to make a case for this fella

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                    jeez I know theres doubts about the big 2 but I would find it very hard to make a case for this fella
                    Seagal loves Skelton hurdlers - will be more tipped in handicaps

Comment

• Really is dreadful. The mark of 162 for Brain Power is too high IMHO. Superb Story looked all out to win at Musselburgh. That is not good enough.

Dave Jennings tipped up Apples Jade for this race at 25's.... I think I am on at that from pre-first run this season haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                        The pricewise picks for Cheltenham start tomorrow beginning with the champion hurdle. Presume because of all the blue Tom has picked Brain power.
                        Brain Power might not be such a bad call if the big2 dont turn up.

Comment

• I think there has been money for Brain Power because of Ben Linfoot's sporting life column.

Comment

• I think the key angle with Brain Power is the ground.It supposedly wants good ground which it's likely get on the Tuesday judging by recent years. I backed it EW at 40/1 after the Sandown win where it travelled all over the field, I think CDT who it beat into 2nd that day is a well treated horse and he has thrashed it again since at Ascot.
                            If you go back and watch the Greatwood,no horse travelled better than Brain Power. It was cantering 3 from home, before possibly blowing up on first run or not being able to quicken on the ground.
                            I'm still amazed it went of at 14s for the Ladbrooke , but it couldn't have been more impressive beating a decent field.
                            None of this is Champion Hurdle form and it will need to improve, but with obvious doubts about the front of the market. I think it might be good enough to win a poor renewal if they don't turn up. I'll be disappointed if it cant beat the likes of MTOY, TNO, Superb Story etc on good ground.
                            The value has gone now , but it's improving rapidly

Comment

• This may be a big mistake on my part but ive just backed Vroom Vroom Mag for this at 25/1.If the big 2 dont make this I can see Ricci and Mullins shuffling their pack, they have said VVM is the supersub and for me after Punchestown last backend VVM is best suited to a fast run 2m trip, She ran free over 3m last time out and thats what happened with Annie Power in the World Hurdle when she got beat.Annie eventually got her chance to run in the Champion Hurdle and to me Vroom Vroom has as good a chance to beat an average field this year too.

Comment

Working...
                              X