Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the start of the games for AP and Faugheen? Disappointed VVM isn't lining up either, let's see what comes out from the yard in the next few days about them

Comment

• disappointed Annie nor Faugheen going but I didn't want to see VVM here. I'm hoping theres bigger plans for her than third choice Ricci horse for the champion hurdle. Would love to see her get a handy prep over fences then send her to the King George

Comment

• Originally posted by paz247 View Post
        Is this the start of the games for AP and Faugheen? Disappointed VVM isn't lining up either, let's see what comes out from the yard in the next few days about them
        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rich Ricci update: <a href="https://twitter.com/AnniePower_">@AnniePower_</a> worked bad in week. Checked over wkend. <a href="https://twitter.com/realfaugheen">@realfaugheen</a> foot bruise. Vroum Vroum Mag carrying condition.</p>&mdash; Matt Chapman ITV/ATR (@MCYeeehaaa) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCYeeehaaa/status/799590543336407044">November 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
        <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Agree Sprinter... VVM as 3rd choice for the CH is just not exciting at all... I want her in the KG and GC!

Nichols Canyon - Morgiana/World Hurdle .... can't happen very often...

The depth in this division is just dreadful. Mullins has an odds on shot, with a horse that is going to be aimed at staying trips. The only challenge is coming from JP in the form of two horses who look to have been a bad bunch and the field is rounded out with a couple of Mullins' handicappers.

Yanworth, Apples Jade, MTOY, all had bubbles burst for this particular race today or in recent weeks... Sceaux Royal - worse than Top Notch and P&C, not got a hope. If Altior takes to fences, and Yorkhill... then I might take that 50's on Moon Racer or Chtibello.

There HAS to be something lurking!

Comment

• I wouldn't go writing sceau Royal off yet loaf, if he wins the fighting fifth next weekend he will be 2nd favourite.. I'm on at 20/1 and to be honest I can only see 1 horse in front of him in the betting that will be aimed at the race..

Comment

• Shame we don't know exactly which one yet

Even the two I mentioned, Moon Racer and Chtibello aren't being aimed at the race either... so at 20/1 each way it really isn't a bad bet at all.

What is expected to line up in the Fighting Fifth? Oh my, Irving second fav for it. He should win that and will get clipped... I am going to get a bit on each way now for the Champ Hurdle rather than back at 6/4 next week
              Last edited by Kevloaf; 20 November 2016, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• So we are coming up to the end of November and still no decision made on Yorkhill's future A look at his entries show 2 on the same day in just under 2 weeks:

- the Hattons Grace over 2m4 over hurdles (Dec 4th)
                - the Drinmore over 2m4 over fences (Dec 4th)

So the plus point for myself (having backed him for the JLT) is a possible starting point over 2m4 rather than 2m. But I would be amazed if he was pitched into such a hot race on his chase debut - he would have to be showing something really special at home to do so as it is not the way Willie works. He may pitch his hurdlers into grade 1's now and again but all his chasers are always eased into it. Mullins was asked about the Hattons Grace after Annie and Faugheen weren't declared and came out with:

The champion trainer confirmed the next option for the duo is the Hatton's Grace Hurdle at Fairyhouse on December 4, but said he would "doubt" both would line up
                Sadly for quite a few of my antepost bets I think it's more and more likely Yorkhill goes for that race and stays over hurdles. I just think the longer they delay this, the higher the chance of him not going chasing. There also must be much more going on with Annie and Faugheen too that we don't know about. Here's hoping Annie or Faugheen improve in time!!

Has there ever been such a delay in staying hurdles/going chasing before - at least this high profile a horse? For a Neptune and 3 time grade 1 winner I can't think of any...

Comment

• If Annie OR Faugheen turned up though I'd be gobsmacked if Yorkhill took either on!

If they don't turn up, he will obviously be a champion hurdle contender... I wouldn't be surprised if he got pitched in at the Drinmore ... if he loses, they can revert him back to hurdles anyway?

Comment

• Must admit Yorkhill is a spanner in so many works! He's the type of horse I probably wouldn't back at skinny odds but wouldn't lay either.. I mean he's 6/1 for a JLT, in a month that could look huge. But if he rocks up in a champion hurdle would 5/2 faugheen look good, not in my opinion..

Comment

• I'm really nervy now... yorkhill not chasing would be a real big blow to some of my tasty looking double and trebles

Comment

• Possible he runs over hurdles ( Yorkhill ), does Mullins run AP or Fau against him? He beats them? AP to the mares at fest? Fau? Very interesting few days coming up for Willie
                        I remember Mullins saying after Cheltenham and Aintree he really thinks the horse is a Champion Hurdle horse
                        Last edited by paz247; 21 November 2016, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• Yes im in firmly in the camp that Yorkhill will be going hurdling (joined the dots lol), the recent setbacks for the two stable stars have only hardened my opinion.

Comment

• Kevin Blake in his blog hints towards it too ... the novice chase division does look stronger potentially than this racentury.

16s on betway (if you can get on) ... I might have a saver ... still going to be gutted for my own book

Comment

• Surely if graham Wylie wants a runner in the Champion Hurdle it will be Nichols Canyon.

Yorkhill and Bellshill should both be going down the chasing route.

Comment

• Nichols Canyon bought to be stayer Vanilla but can see the argument

Comment

Working...
                                X