Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree, this is his trip.
    I like the without Douvan bet, for win purposes but don't the fact you lose AP terms, if only 7 go to post your bet pays 2nd and 3rd if Douvan wins whereas the current AP terms pay 3 places regardless of number of runners (of which we think there'll be less than 8)

Comment

• I nearly mentioned with without market and decided against it because of the doubt about the ryanair... hadn't considered the place terms. I still think it is a good bet, but one for the brave compared to the 20/1 NRNB each way angle I suppose.

Comment

• Traffic fluids finished 2 1/2 lengths behind gods own at aintree his last run the season before last as a 5yo, Moore said he wants a run before Cheltenham, maybe because he learnt his lesson last year when it was his first run of the season. He's 14's without douvan, 40's with. I'm going to do both. Gods own I think is a better horse now, especially with the stable doing so well and heskin is the best jockey at the moment.

Comment

• Bob - TF goes to Ascot next week in the 2m 5f race, if heading to Chelt this may suggest he's Ryanair bound....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            I agree, this is his trip.
            I like the without Douvan bet, for win purposes but don't the fact you lose AP terms, if only 7 go to post your bet pays 2nd and 3rd if Douvan wins whereas the current AP terms pay 3 places regardless of number of runners (of which we think there'll be less than 8)
            Yeah very true Ista, I guess at 7/1 you are betting him finishing 2nd to Douvan, which is not out of the question, given many look likely to be rerouted to avoid him anyway. IF 8 or more line up it's a little bit of extra protection for a place.

Comment

• Ar Mad now out of this race.

Comment

• Ignore me - nothing to see here

Comment

• Hope everythink ok with Douvan bit of a drift this morning. Mainly on Betfair etc
                  Last edited by Liam301287; 7 February 2017, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Crazy times.

Altior v Fox Norton at the weekend should be some race of the both show up. Odds on that Nicky will miss it and head straight to Cheltenham I feel.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/search?q=chelten...tival&src=typd found this on Cheltenham Festival twitter page Douvan all wrapped up guys.

Comment

• Sky have a NRNB without Douvan market...

Comment

• tell us more could be genius yet ...tizzard talking about ryanair for fox norton

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                            tell us more could be genius yet ...tizzard talking about ryanair for fox norton
                            Ha. No sur prise. If sizing John does well in the Irish Gold cup then you can see the switch.

Fox Norton is not good enough to be single figures in any race ... I know I keep saying it but he is pathetic odds. Awful. If altior beats him then anyone with single figure odds each way for this race should give up ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Ha. No sur prise. If sizing John does well in the Irish Gold cup then you can see the switch.

Fox Norton is not good enough to be single figures in any race ... I know I keep saying it but he is pathetic odds. Awful. If altior beats him then anyone with single figure odds each way for this race should give up ....
                              muhahaha

Comment

• I've had a good day but that's made me lol

Comment

Working...
                                X