Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Top 5 Festival Performances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
    In terms of performance:
    1. Thistlecrack.
    2. Annie Power.
    3. Sprinter Sacre
    4. Vautour
    5. Yorkhill

Pocket talk:
    1. Diego du Charmil (brought up a £50 free bet Douvan,VVM, DdC treble)
    2. Limini (£5 free bet of VVM @ 10/1 and Limini @ 4/1)
    3. Yorkhill
    4. Vautour
    5. Annie Power
    If you look at the races on who they beat and how they beat them then I think it has to be the following 1 2 and 3.

1. Vautour
    2. Thistlecrack
    3. Sprinter
    Last edited by loveracing; 20 March 2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      How did you get on Ista??
      Cracking week thanks FM.
      Netted 8 winners but I was playing 2 in many races and 3 in the big handicaps.
      Had Garde La Victoire for a £35k yankee (Minella Rocco, Diego Du Charmil and Altior) so was fairly deflated in the Cotswolds sun when he hit the deck but followed that with Thistlecrack, Empire of Dirt and Limini so not the worst day, just not £35k !

Backed a few in the 4 places market too for nice returns, L'Ami Serge, Barters Hill, Paint the Clouds amongst them.

Anyone else suffering post Cheltenham blues ?

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
        If you look at the races on who they beat and how they beat them then I think it has to be the following 1 2 and 3.

1. Vautour
        2. Thistlecrack
        3. Sprinter
        Do you not rate the Supreme form LR ?
        I make that one of the best renewals of the modern era and Altior turned it into a procession....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          I make that one of the best renewals of the modern era and Altior turned it into a procession....
          Hi Isty do you not think the Supreme was full of horses that have looked better than they are on the testing ground we've had since December, I kinda read it that way with Altior coming good on the much better ground, it will be interesting to see how a few in behind progress

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
            Hi Isty do you not think the Supreme was full of horses that have looked better than they are on the testing ground we've had since December, I kinda read it that way with Altior coming good on the much better ground, it will be interesting to see how a few in behind progress
            I think Belshill won a G1 at Punchestown on quick ground and Silver Concorde won a champion bumper on decent ground, and them two were beaten half the track.
            The confidence behind Min was telling, I think they were genuinely shocked when Nico went past theirs and kept pulling clear.
            Supasundae was well touted leading up to the festival and Buveur D'Air and Tombstone are G1 winners waiting to happen.
            It may take a year or so but re-visit the result at some point in the future and I reckon this will go down as a serious renewal, could be wrong of course....

Comment

1 - Thistlecrack

2 - Altior

3 - Annie Power

4 - Vautour

5 - Don Cossack

In a Festival of huge performances, mentions should go to Sprinter Sacre, Yorkhill & Ivanovich Gorbatov.

One that I wasn't impressed with, considering the hype, was Douvan. I'll be looking for more from him at Punchestown.

Comment

Cracking week thanks FM.
                Netted 8 winners but I was playing 2 in many races and 3 in the big handicaps.
                Had Garde La Victoire for a £35k yankee (Minella Rocco, Diego Du Charmil and Altior) so was fairly deflated in the Cotswolds sun when he hit the deck but followed that with Thistlecrack, Empire of Dirt and Limini so not the worst day, just not £35k !

Backed a few in the 4 places market too for nice returns, L'Ami Serge, Barters Hill, Paint the Clouds amongst them.

Anyone else suffering post Cheltenham blues ?
                Very blue

GLV was on a lot of my dockets too. I was expecting Dickie to have a good day Thursday and it never happened.

Had Min won I would have had my most profitable festival ever but came out well ahead. The key in Grade1s isnt to try too hard. Apart from Albert Bartlett 1st and 2nd favourites must has won the rest ?

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                  F_M, was Mall Dini your cover bet for Tag? I think Tag ran a cracker btw off top weight.
                  I always go into the handicaps at least double handed. JK gave Tag an absolute peach of a ride but the weight told in the last 100 yards.

Comment

I think Belshill won a G1 at Punchestown on quick ground and Silver Concorde won a champion bumper on decent ground, and them two were beaten half the track.
                    The confidence behind Min was telling, I think they were genuinely shocked when Nico went past theirs and kept pulling clear.
                    Supasundae was well touted leading up to the festival and Buveur D'Air and Tombstone are G1 winners waiting to happen.
                    It may take a year or so but re-visit the result at some point in the future and I reckon this will go down as a serious renewal, could be wrong of course....
                    Thanks for that Isty, I must admit it wasn't a race I looked at in that much depth, I have to agree with your thoughts then that it was a strong renewal, it will be interesting to see how far back the winners come from and which of the principal's go chasing next season

Comment

Sorry Ista, I was probably looking at G1 opposition only so forgot to mention Altior. The three I mentioned beat G1 opposition in good fashion and in their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Morning Glory View Post
                        Very blue

GLV was on a lot of my dockets too. I was expecting Dickie to have a good day Thursday and it never happened.

Had Min won I would have had my most profitable festival ever but came out well ahead. The key in Grade1s isnt to try too hard. Apart from Albert Bartlett 1st and 2nd favourites must has won the rest ?
                        Blaklion in Rsa

This is Blue Monday for me. Was still giddy on Saturday. Flat as a pancake today.

Comment

It was my best Festival ever. Roll on Aintree.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeehaa View Post
                            It was my best Festival ever. Roll on Aintree.
                            Don't give it all back Yeehaa, and don't be throwing it away on Mullins 6 fold accas for next year !
                            Book a holiday or something, a permanent reminder all that hard work was worth it.....

Comment

Brilliant advice Ista - after any big win I make sure I buy something with it.

We've (she's) booked a family holiday today and bought a new TV.....a good way to keep the Mrs happy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                We've (she's) booked a family holiday today and bought a new TV.....a good way to keep the Mrs happy!!
                                Great work, delighted to hear that.
                                My wife has already dug her claws into the winnings and I'm already a Mulberry handbag and a weekend to New York down !

Comment

Working...
                                X