Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2017 Antepost Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has been the main contributor to the 95 points Kev?

Comment

• Slowly building up my singles portfolio
      Brain Power Ch at 40s
      Zabana Ryanair at 16s
      Ballyoptic Stayers at 12s

Beware the Bear Is one I really like looks like it has just the one target so will push the button soon I think. Also Outlander in the Gold Cup is coming close to a ante post commitment.

Comment

• Starting to dabble in some multiples

EW Lucky 15

Quantitativeeasing (X-Country) @ 10/1
        Sizing John (Ryanair) @ 7/1
        Ballyoptic (Stayers) @ 14/1
        Kayf Grace (Mares Novice) @ 10/1

EW Lucky 15, 50p per line for a possible £10k+

Comment

• Any news on quantitativeeasing Leman? I was slightly concerned that he didn't get an entry at Cheltenham this weekend.

Comment

• Damn! I hadn't even looked at that... poor on my part...

Now I'm hoping he'll get an entry in the Fairyhouse PP Hogan for next weekend...
            Bolger doesn't need to send QE over for experience of Cheltenham and would't run any of his horses at both Chelt and Punch...
            (Trying to convince myself that I haven't made a massive error...)

Comment

• That makes sense to me - you've done a good good of convincing me all is well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                What has been the main contributor to the 95 points Kev?
                1/3 was on Annie Power... now in reality I had been backing her in multiples for the CH pre Christmas, and covering myself for the mares post Christmas. AN injury to AP or F was going to give me quite a knock but I am not complaining. I know all too well the risks involved and taking the 'fancier' prices. Certainly didn't hit me as hard as Faugheen did last year

Barters Hill, Robin Roe, Rawnaq and Apples Jade (backed for wrong race twice it seems) have been the majority of the rest.

Still very optimistic about my ante post situation as it stands right now though. You have to take the rough with the smooth and I try to be as level headed as possible win or lose!

Comment

• Antepost Cheltenham

Really enjoy reading this forum, and after 9 races on trial day, felt I needed to post.

Been backing antepost for Cheltenham since October!

Potentially best Lucky 15 so far....

Thistlecrack 7-2 Gold Cup
                  Petit Mouchoir 33-1 Champion Hurdle
                  Uknowwhatimeanharry 5-1 Stayers Hurdle
                  Alpha Des Obeaux 16-1 RSA

Comment

• Welcome.

Looks a lovely bet at the moment.

Best place for that would be in here: (Sticky at the top)

Reflecting on the 2020 Cheltenham Festival and building up towards 2021. Threads on all major races including Gold Cup, Queen Mother and Champion Hurdle. Share early Cheltenham Festival Tips and check out our preview night reports.

Comment

• Yes sorry kevloaf, bloody realised after I had done it! Thanks for that. I'll get it deleted.

Comment

• I'll merge it later ...welcome

Comment

• For me personally this is by far the most I've ever done ante post at cheltenham and it has blown up for me this time round, josies order injured, coneygree injured, robin roe injured, Annie power injured, don cossack retired, vautour passed away, sennewalk not being the horse he was talked up to be, big part of my book down the drain, not to mention I've piled into faugheen since the recent reports, my only few saviours could be Defi du sueil at 16/1 for the triumph, yanworth also at 16/1 for the champ hurdle, and Melon at 20/1 for the supreme, going to need some serious on the day punting profits this year!!

Comment

• Sounds like you've had more than your fair share of bad beats in terms of non runners.

Has it put you off for the rest of this ante-post period ... .and for next year?

It hasn't me... not sure if that is a good thing or not. I genuinly enjoy every day seeing where I can beat the book and thinking about each race and combinations.... even if I make a lossl, I feel I am getting some enjoyment from it.

Comment

• This is the most i've ever done antepost aswell, gonna sit down tonight and see what i've actually got. I feel like even if most bets gets torn up before the festival i'll enjoy sitting down the 13th March and looking at what ive had

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                                This is the most i've ever done antepost aswell, gonna sit down tonight and see what i've actually got. I feel like even if most bets gets torn up before the festival i'll enjoy sitting down the 13th March and looking at what ive had
                                Get some of them posted... the good, the bad and the ugly...

Comment

Working...
                                X