Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2017 Antepost Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yanworth @ 12/1 World
    Barters Hill @ 14/1 RSA
    Yorkhill @ 6/1 JLT
    Ivanovich Gorbatov @ 16/1 CH
    Yankee

Comment

Don Cossack could be finished, that must leave Coneygree looking a big price for next year's Gold cup

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
        Don Cossack could be finished, that must leave Coneygree looking a big price for next year's Gold cup
        Thistlecrack ?
        If he can jump fences and transfers his timber form he would probably be fav wouldn't he ?

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          Thistlecrack ?
          If he can jump fences and transfers his timber form he would probably be fav wouldn't he ?
          I think it's easy to forget how impressive Coneygree was, Thistlecrack would have a major chance if he transferred his hurdling ability to fences but the owners may decide to take an income for the next three years of half a million or so, leaving chasing to others.
          Anyway I've stuck a double on Vautour for the QM at 8's and Coneygree at 14's Gold cup, plenty of time to add to that plus alternatives, thinking of adding Douvan, Ryanair for a treble, that would pay around 800/1 at Skybet

Comment

I think it's easy to forget how impressive Coneygree was, Thistlec
            Yep, I'll go along with that, but I'm at the point now where as soon as I hear mention of Coneygree's name the word 'fragile' springs mind.
            I hope I'm wrong but 11 visits to a racecourse in four and a half years confirms the horse has had problems as we all know....

Comment

Gone a bit Mayo, million pounder
              Vautour QM 16/1
              Altior Champ hdle 14/1
              Douvan Ryanair 10/1
              Coneygree GC 10/1

Also done a treble
              Vautour QM 16/1
              Douvan Ryanair 10/1
              VVM GC 16/1

Comment

Gone a bit Mayo, million pounder
                Vautour QM 16/1
                Altior Champ hdle 14/1
                Douvan Ryanair 10/1
                Coneygree GC 10/1
                You could get 4 winners there FM and only one in the right race, is there anyone doing 'any race' prices yet ?

Comment

You could get 4 winners there FM and only one in the right race, is there anyone doing 'any race' prices yet ?
                  Not FM Isty, take your point but I thought by starting early I could cover a lot of variations at huge prices giving the potential for massive returns from tiny stakes, anyone following that bet who is a £10 bettor can stick a 50p Yankee with a £2 ew ACCA and have a chance of an £80k plus pick up. By Christmas if they were given those targets you would probably be looking at a few hundred for the same bet, do something different once a month and you might be sitting pretty come the fez, and that's what we all want

Comment

Who is the 14/1 Altior with MrM? Really like that

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      Who is the 14/1 Altior with MrM? Really like that
                      Paddy Power FM, I thought that was big too, much smaller for the Arkle so they must think he's more likely to go there, bit stingy on VVM for the Gold cup though, she's 33's at 365

Comment

PP have quite a list of horses priced up to win any race Isty, Altior is 5/1, which isn't bad considering they have him at that for the Arkle, just helped myself to a bit more of the 14's about Altior for the Champ hurdle, much bigger than everyone else and not even listed on Oddschecker

Comment

PP have quite a list of horses priced up to win any race Isty, Altior is 5/1, which isn't bad considering they have him at that for the Arkle, just helped myself to a bit more of the 14's about Altior for the Champ hurdle, much bigger than everyone else and not even listed on Oddschecker
                          OK cheers Mr M.
                          For ante post purposes I think there's much more mileage in that market, wasn't that long ago a million vouchers got wiped out with Annie Power, Vatour and VVM changing targets, I appreciate you lose some value (and that some enjoy the challenge of guessing targets) but I'd prefer to play percentages and get a run for my money.
                          Does anyone seriously believe 2017 will be easier to predict Mullins targets ?

Comment

On the whole I'm going to try and avoid predicting where Willie will run his horses and just back his horses to win any race.

Does anyone know whether Altior has schooled over fences yet? If he were mine I'd run him over hurdles in November and decide what to do next on the back of that performance. There's very little depth in the British 2 mile hurdlers and plenty of big prizes to pick up.

Comment

Apples Jade was brilliant again yesterday. She'll surely be targeted at the top 2 mile hurdle races next season and O'Leary won't be allowing Willie to dictate where she runs.

Comment

I think Henderson was saying a schooling sessions was planned before they put him away for the Summer.
                                He was paraded at Sandown last week and looked fantastic so I'd imagine he's been kept up to work since Cheltenham and probably had a spin over fences.
                                He's about the most exciting horse I've seen for years and I really hope they keep him over hurdles for a year at least....

Comment

Working...
                                X