Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2017 Antepost Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that I was the only one not on that treble

Comment

• Yeh that treble was beautifully simple. QUite interesting the trend of favs at big festivals... a few years ago (20134) there were quite a lot of high profile ones turned over (not sure of the year).... but recently, and much down to Mullins, the hot pots seem much more reliable. I think if that trend stops I will get stung as I'll be too late to realise it has happened.

Altior, Douvan .... they'll be quite a few that I will be needing at around even by the day (hopefully be on at juicier prices)

Comment

• What have these horses in common ?

Shaneshill,
        Bellshill,
        Yorkhill,
        Don Poli,
        Vautour,
        Djakadam,
        Douvan,
        Bacardys

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
          What have these horses in common ?

Shaneshill,
          Bellshill,
          Yorkhill,
          Don Poli,
          Vautour,
          Djakadam,
          Douvan,
          Bacardys
          Trained by Willie Mullins? haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Trained by Willie Mullins? haha
            One more common thread for the bonus point

Clue: Sprinter Sacre

Comment

• Put me out of my misery.

Comment

• Confirmed schedule:

Tuesday 14 March 2017 – Champion Day

13:30 The SkyBET Supreme Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1) (4yo+, 2m 110y)
                14:10 The Racing Post Arkle Challenge Trophy Chase (Grade 1) (5yo+, 2m)
                14:50 The Ultima Business Solutions Handicap Chase (Grade 3) (5yo+, 3m 110y)
                15:30 The Stan James Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy (Grade 1) (4yo+, Class 1, 2m 110y)
                16:10 The OLBG Mares’ Hurdle Race (Registered As The David Nicholson Mares’ Hurdle) (Grade 2) (4yo+, 2m 4f)
                16:50 The Toby Balding National Hunt Chase (Listed Amateur Riders’ Novices’ Chase) (5yo+, 4m)
                17:30 The Close Brothers Novices’ Handicap Chase (0-140) (5yo+, 2m 4f 110y)

Wednesday 15 March 2017 – Ladies Day

13:30 The Neptune Investment Management Novices’ Hurdle (Registered As The Baring Bingham Novices’ Hurdle) (Grade 1) (4yo+, 2m 5f)
                14:10 The RSA Steeple Chase (Novices’ Grade 1) (5yo+, 3m 110y)
                14:50 The Coral Cup Hurdle (Grade 3 Handicap Hurdle) (4yo+, 2m 5f)
                15:30 The Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase (Grade 1) (5yo+, 2m)
                16:10 The Glenfarclas Handicap Chase (Cross Country Chase) (5yo+, 3m 7f)
                16:50 The Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3) (4yo, 2m 110y)
                17:30 The Weatherbys Champion Bumper (Grade 1 Standard Open NH Flat Race) (4-6yo, 2m 110y)

Thursday 16 March – St Patrick’s Thursday

13:30 The JLT Novices’ Chase (Registered As The Golden Miller Novices’ Chase) (Grade 1) (5yo+, 2m 4f)
                14:10 The Pertemps Network Final (Listed Handicap Hurdle) (5yo+, 3m)
                14:50 The Ryanair Chase (Registered As The Festival Trophy Chase) (Grade 1) (5yo+, 2m 5f)
                15:30 The Ryanair World Hurdle (Grade 1) (4yo+, 3m)
                16:10 The Brown Advisory & Merriebelle Stable Plate (Grade 3 Handicap Chase) (5yo+, 2m 4f)
                16.50 The Trull House Stud Mares’ Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 2) (2 miles 1f)
                17:30 The Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Chase (Amateur Riders) (5yo+, 3m 1f 110y)

Friday 17 March – Gold Cup Day

13:30 The JCB Triumph Hurdle (Juvenile Grade 1) (4yo, 2m 1f)
                14:10 The Vincent O’Brien County Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3) (5yo+, 2m 1f)
                14:50 The Albert Bartlett Novices’ Hurdle (Registered As The Spa Novices’ Hurdle) (Grade 1) (4yo+, 3m)
                15:30 The Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup (Grade 1) (5yo+, 3m 2f 110y)
                16:10 The St James’ Place Foxhunter Chase Challenge Cup (5yo+, 3m 2f 110y)
                16:50 The Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys’ Handicap Hurdle (4yo+, 2m 4f 110y)
                17:30 The Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Handicap Chase (Grade 3 Handicap) (5yo+, 2m 110y)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Put me out of my misery.
                  All three festivals

Comment

• You know what, as soon as you have the Sprinter clue I thought about him winning all 3 festivals but didn't put the pieces together. I feel so small haha. Good question!

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                      All three festivals
                      Mullins certainly had a cut at the trainers championship. Cue Card did all three also. It can leave a mark on a horse - some would argue it was a factor with Sprinter but personally believe there was a clear physical issue there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morning Glory View Post
                        Mullins certainly had a cut at the trainers championship. Cue Card did all three also. It can leave a mark on a horse - some would argue it was a factor with Sprinter but personally believe there was a clear physical issue there.
                        indeed Kevin Blake back in the day

No horse since Istabraq had won at the Cheltenham, Aintree and Punchestown Festivals and, while Henderson was universally praised for bringing Sprinter Sacre over to Punchestown for what was an unforgettable occasion, the laboured performance he put in to see off Sizing Europe in workmanlike style on unsuitably soft ground was arguably the start of his downturn.

Perhaps that was one race too many in such a short space of time; perhaps a horse who is so hard on himself in races and has physical problems was only ever going to have a short time at the top of his game anyway. We’ll never know for sure, but I suspect when the question of where did it all go wrong is asked, history is likely to point the finger at his run at Punchestown.

Comment

• Any thoughts on simonsig for the Ryanair? Or is this horse just to fragile to keep on side. Henderson may have a few for the intermediate trip with L'ami serge and captain Conan

Comment

• As an ante-post prospect I would avoid Simonsig. The talent he has is factored in to his price (best 33/1) and it just wouldn't be worth the risk for me. I don't think this horse has a battle in him either. When Bob's worth got the better over him over hurdles over 2m4f despite Simonsig travelling like a unicorn throughout put me off until I see him prove he is still as good as he was.

Forgot about Captain Conan, he was always a bit disappointing to me. I backed him a few times and don't remember ever feeling like I was close to winning.

L'ami serge would be the most interesting but I think he is better over shorter... was only in the JLT to avoid Douvan... might avoid Douvan again but wouldn't increase his chances in the Ryanair ...(apart from the fact he might actually be in it )

Comment

• Little bit of a fun bet, but WillHill are 16s for Moon Racer (Supreme) and Ballyandy (Neptune) which is 288/1. I am getting carried away as it is the first bit of action we've seen, but at that price I don't mind throwing a bit on the chance that we witnessed some very impressive form today!

WillHill are also top price on Annie Power in the Champion hurdle... so a trixie at odds of 1444/1 is getting a few Kevloaf pounds on

Comment

• Kevloaf - you remind me of me with your doubles/trebles bets - I can't resist doing the multiple big bets

Comment

Working...
                                X