Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2017 Antepost Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've gone in a couple of times straight after the festivals finished on OTF and a couple of others, I had Sprinter as soon as the market was open for the Arkle after Henderson said he'd be very disappointed if he wasn't back to contest it after his 3rd in the Supreme which was a nice bet

Comment

• When did willie Mullins have his schooling race at thurles last year where min became the buzz horse of the summer?

Comment

• I heard about Min in early august last year when he was 50/1. I'm not 100℅ sure but think he might have ran in a schooling race towards the end of the previous season.

The two novices I've heard good words for from the Mullins camp are Fulham Road and Melon.

Comment

• Fulham road was one that was talked about a lot last season but unfortunately missed it all due to injury, hopefully he does come back this season as good as everyone thought, I know I backed him a few times for the bumper last year, any idea what he's being aimed for this year, supreme, Neptune, albeit Bartlett???

Comment

• Another one for tracing novices this season is Chateau Conti, winner of his last 2 flat races in France from 3 runs and been bought by the same owners of Un De Sceaux, apparently strong form lines from his races as well, in the last race the 2nd won next two times and of course is in the care of Willie Mullins

Comment

• Yorkhill odds changed by Paddy Power, pushed out in Arkle, trimmed in JLT

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                Yeah the price on QE certainly is much more attractive this early. I've got exactly the same thought as Istabraq in how his price will end up as i'd be confident he'll win at least the level weights race in December and be right up there in the Nov handicap.
                That's a fair shout jono, I think the first banks race in the calendar is November so not a market that will move unless there's big injury news so no need to rush and take the 7/2, but I'd be looking to have at least some of my intended stake on before the Nov race...

Comment

• Had my first bet for a while. Old Guard 33/1 for the Arkle. Seems overpriced for what he achieved over hurdles.

Comment

• Not just yorkhill, Paddy Power have been adjusting a few of the Mullins horses tonight, trimmed the following:

Yorkhill JLT
                    Faugheen World Hurdle
                    Annie Champion Hurdle
                    VVM Mares

Comment

• Hard to believe he's still a 5yo, seems to have been around for years.
                      Has form up the hill so could easily figure, though there's a chance this years 2m nov chasers could be special....

Comment

• Fulham Road has been talked about for the last 2 seasons and I remember Patrick Mullins singling him out as a horse to follow for the past 2 seasons but I'd be really wary of backing him. Hasn't raced since February 2014 and had some bad injuries over that time

Comment

• Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                          Yorkhill odds changed by Paddy Power, pushed out in Arkle, trimmed in JLT
                          Min / Yorkhill double will be about 4/1 a week before the festival then if that is true. I might go in again!

Comment

• Mayo - love the Ryanair bet for GLV, I got on that myself a few days ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Mayo - love the Ryanair bet for GLV, I got on that myself a few days ago
                              Had the horse in the 4th leg of a yankee to pay off the mortgage last season, needs to prove he can jump before I start backing him again....

Comment

• Yeh the run at Aintree is a negative but I think the 33s is very fair at this point. Who else was in the yankee?

I am SO excited about all of this already. Really tempted by Old Guard too.

Since Hendo's stable lad got the 7 timer bet and with Mullins dominating I am convinced a life changer is out there !

Comment

Working...
                                X