Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Cheltenham Festival Day 1 Yankee (by Faugheen_Machine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Cheltenham Festival Day 1 Yankee (by Faugheen_Machine)

This years Champion Day Yankee selections will be selected by F_M.

Let see if F_M can kick start the Fest with his selections!

All suggestions from FJ members are welcome.

The power is in my hands......

Comment

Min Douvan Faugheen Annie

simples

Comment

Originally posted by Yeehaa View Post
        Min Douvan Faugheen Annie

simples
        I think the rules were horses with e/w value.

So F_M may have to go with the 3x handicap races +1 "betting without" or so on...

I only gave F_M day 1 because of his fav horse runs this day.

Comment

Coming from a value perspective which i think we have to on day one as it is just filled with odds on shots i would push the boat out with a super yankee and my selections would be;
          Supreme novices - Yorkhill 8/1
          The Arkle - Vaniteux 8/1
          Champion hurdle - Arctic Fire 8/1
          Mares hurdle - Polly Peachum 10/1
          National hunt chase - Pont Alexandre 8/1

5 excellent each way prices in my opinion and would be 5 2/1 winners!!

Comment

GJT - Do you think Pont Alex will run in the 4 miler? I thought it would be RSA if they went to Cheltenham.

Comment

I think that he will, i know patrick has said he already wants to ride black hercules in the race but i'm still not sure on his stamina for the trip, whilst the same could be said for pont alexandre i think he could potentially be a class above the horses that run in this race, i think the RSA is one race willie has already conceded with no more heroes looking the likely winner and if not more of that will be bang there, much will depend on pont alexanders run this weekend to determine the outcome of his target but I'm swaying towards the 4 miler, i think ricci would like a runner in hear to cap the first day off

Comment

Originally posted by gjt7756 View Post
                Coming from a value perspective which i think we have to on day one as it is just filled with odds on shots i would push the boat out with a super yankee and my selections would be;
                Supreme novices - Yorkhill 8/1
                The Arkle - Vaniteux 8/1
                Champion hurdle - Arctic Fire 8/1
                Mares hurdle - Polly Peachum 10/1
                National hunt chase - Pont Alexandre 8/1

5 excellent each way prices in my opinion and would be 5 2/1 winners!!
                Maybe bet without the fav in the first 4 races you selected gtj?

Comment

I have got an ante post yankee on for the festival which includes Arctic Fire and Sprinter Sacre both at 5/2 with Thistlecrack at 11/4 and Djakadam at 4/1, so i think at the value of the first 4 selections here i'd keep them at the prices in an e/w super yankee, because if they placed 3rd instead of 2nd then the value is gone at the shorter without favourite prices

Comment

Sorry just to clarify, sprinter sacre and Arctic fire were 5/2 in the without favourite market and Thistlecrack and Djakadam were in the normal win market

Comment

It's odds against the 4 Mullins short priced favourites winning. Faugheen & Annie looked 'nailed on' baring accidents simply coz they've already beaten the best of the opposition. So I reckon it's Min & Douvan we look at taking on as they are yet to prove they are better than the best of the opposition despite looking good so far. Although Henderson won't upset owners I'm convinced at the start of the season he thought Vaniteux was his main Arkle hope and should be in the L15 - still an e/w price. Second up should be Buveur Dair, again I believe his number 1 Supreme hope from the outset. Altior has surprised them but Henderson have really started him out so early in the season if he thought from the outset he was his number 1 hope ? So again an e/ w price to include. For me the other 2 should come from the handicaps once we know what's in them - no point putting 2 odds-ons in there - it's Cheltenham, go for GOLD !

Comment

Like many i have the Mullins/Ricci 4 folds....£99 Yankee at 4/1, 7/4, 5/4 and 5/4, £35 4 fold, £50 treble (exc Min) and a £50 single on Min at 6/1.... The Annie talk has me on a Knife edge at the minute like i guess it has with most. I did think ahead by backing the same 4 fold with VVM just before/after her win in the Mares at Ascot a month or so back so which returns about 70% of the above bets... I'm not convinced by her as much as Annie though.

The other 3 should all hose up really. Ok Min has the least exposure and may be an unknown, but you have to believe the talk from the Mullins camp when they say this fella is better than Vatour/Douvan were at the same stage of their careers.

I'm not sure i'd want to be backing at current prices, but at the same time why back a loser for the sake of not wanting a short price. The biggest dangers to them not winning are themselves not staying up

Comment

Welcome to the board DeeBee

Comment

Anyone else think that Sizing John could run a good race in the Arkle?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                              Welcome to the board DeeBee
                              thanks Vic... have been a viewer for a couple of months so thought i best start inputting

Comment

Working...
                              X