Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Follow Joe of follw link below for updates from big preview night with AP and Ruby tonight ...

Reporting from Keadeen Hotel's Chelt Fest preview tonight for Irish Field. Ruby & McCoy both there. Stay tuned for updates later.

On the panel is Ruby, AP McCoy, Noel O'Brien and Rob Catterson. Oli Bell is the MC.
    Ruby says Min is a great jumper, loads of pace - he has it all. Supreme novice hurdle 7/4 approx.
    1 retweet 2 likes
    Ruby reckons Min is a dead cert to kick off the festival.
    Ruby thinks Barters Hill will get nabbed in Albert Bartlett, but doesn't know by who. Maybe Gangster.
    0 retweets 0 likes
    Noel OB reckons Outlander best of WPMs in JLT.
    Ruby says Very Much So will outrun his odds in the bumper. Oli Bell gives mention to High Bridge.
    Ap McCoy: Minella Rock will run in four miler, he's much improved. Could win it.
    Leave At Dawn got a few mentioned during the handicap chat. Noel O'Brien said he was 'eyecatching' last time out.
    The five that Paddy Power are watching are Leave At Dawn, Cruise Linen, Correador, Box Office and Our Father, now trained by Gordon Elliott
    They're now a15 minute break so people can take selfies with the panel.
    In the handicaps, Ruby gave mention to two Paul Nicholls horses that haven't run in England yet-they will be well treated. No names unf.
    By the way, get my full review of tonight's proceedings in Saturday's The Irish Field. #CheltFest @KeadeenHotel
    Squaouater. Ruby said whatever bts him, wins. Also mentioned Clondaw Warrior, and Blazer. Again,apols 4 spellings
    Champion Hurdle next....
    Lots of panel support for Annie Power in Champion Hurdle. Will she get supplemented? It'll cost Rich Ricci 20 grand.
    AP says Un De Sceaux will kill the others. Felix Yonger may be one to take advantage in Champion Chase.
    It's all about Smashing in the Ryanair for the panel.
    AP said Thistlecrack is biggest certainty of the festival. #WorldHurdle #cheltfest
    Last edited by Lester; 26 February 2016, 03:57 AM.

Comment

also https://twitter.com/pphorseracing

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A nice crowd building for tonight's preview. We'll be live tweeting from 8 bell. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CheltMental?src=hash">#CheltMental</a> <a href="https://t.co/XeQdpYmqzX">pic.twitter.com/XeQdpYmqzX</a></p>&mdash; Paddy Power Racing (@pphorseracing) <a href="https://twitter.com/pphorseracing/status/702942956991422464">February 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The panel is R Walsh, AP McCoy, Noel O'Brien (Irish Snr H'Capper), Rob Catterson (PP), & Oli Bell (MC)
      Nov Hdlers, Nov Chasers & H'Cappers coming before the interval. #CheltMental

Supreme up first. PP top price 7/4 about Min says RC. Big loser for the firm.
      RW was worried about Min before Punchestown but has done everything right so far. SupaSundae an EW chance. #CheltMental
      NO'B not as impressed by Min. #CheltMental
      RW says he thinks all last years Irish bumper horses are slow and doesn't take English H'cap marks seriously... B*tchy! #CheltMental
      AP thinks English horses are middling. Thinks it's a weak Supreme. Min looks obvious but SupaSundae has EW chance. #CheltMental
      RW thinks Min is a good thing to kick off the festival. #CheltMental
      Neptune now. APMc says Yanworth. 11/10 with PP now. Yorkhill could show up here but RW afraid to as Willie! #CheltMental
      RW getting plenty of stick for falling at the last lately! #CheltMental
      NO'B thinks Yanworth is outstanding. Also likes Bachasson on better ground. #CheltMental
      RW reckons Long Dog is a fair bit better than Bachasson. AP says Yanworth is a good thing. #CheltMental
      Albert Bartlett now. Betting is all about Barters Hill according to RC. Bad race says NO'B. Up For Review worries lots says RW. #CheltMental
      Mares Novice now. Limini was sick when she ran at Punchestown. Has ability to win a Yorkshire Oaks. #Classy #CheltMental
      Myska the only thing that might worry Limini says RW. #CheltMental
      Wow that was fast!!! Nov chasers coming right up!!! #CheltMental
      Arkle: Douvan a good thing according to AP. 5/2 the Min Douvan double with PP.
      JLT: AP thinks More of That will win. Solid jumper. Bombproof he says! #CheltMental
      NO'B says the JLT is open. Goes for Outlander (def runs according to RW) and Garde le Victoire EW.
      RW says More of That is the 2nd best Nov in training to Douvan. Wins JLT or RSA. Bullish. #CheltMental
      RSA: NO'B very impressed by No More Heroes. Jumps well and most likely winner. 5/2 with PP. 2nd biggest loser says RC. #CheltMental
      AP says See You at Midnight is a nice EW price. More of That still wins if he runs. #CheltMental
      RW says No More Heroes is beatable. #CheltMental
      RW says Roi des Francs is a good EW alternative for the RSA. #CheltMental
      Champion Bumper now. RW says no stand out. Augusta Kate is good but fillies have a poor record but hope she runs. #CheltMental
      AP says Aspen Colorado might not run. #CheltMental
      OB says HighBridge has an Ew squeak. #CheltMental
      Handicaps now. All eyes on AP for JPs handicap plot. #CheltMental
      AP says Cup Final, If In Doubt & Doctor Harper have chances! #CheltMental
      NO'B says Leave At Dawn has a shout after an eye catching run last time. #CheltMental
      RW says Children's List, Clondaw Warrior, Blazer & PFNs 2 unraced French horses in the Fwinter. #CheltMental
      AP says Taquin De Seuil has a squeak too. #CheltMental
      Whoever is not already doing so. Go to @pphorseracing to follow chelt preview with AP and Ruby! #cheltmental
      Interval. Thanks be ta jaysus!! Stretch out me thumbs! #CheltMental
      AP opens with RW f*cking up everyone's acca last year!! We're back live! #CheltMental
      Champion Hurdle coming up! #CheltMental
      RW says no decision on Annie Power in the CH yet. Not as good Faugheen or Hurrcane Fly but good enough to win this #CheltMental
      RW says Annie Power is a runner in the CH only if Vroum Vroum Mag is in shape for the Mares. #CheltMental
      My Tent or Yours in good shape and goes to Kempton on Sat for a gallop with Hargam again. #CheltMental
      NO'B says race looks winnable and Annie Power should be supplemented. MTOY looks interesting. Ordinary Champ Hdle. #CheltMental
      NO'B says Annie Power. AP says Nichols Canyon. OB says The New One Ew. RW says Willie Mullins. RC says Annie Power for the CH. #CheltMental
      Champ Chase....I can guess the way this is going to go. #CheltMental
      RW says if he jumps like he does at Ascot he wins the QMCC. It's a weak race. Butttt Felix Yonger is an EW bet!! #CheltMental
      Talking about UDS here btw!!
      NO'B says UDS is exceptional. SSacre running 10lbs below potential. EW chance for Special Tiara! #CheltMental
      RW says Special Tiara won't be able to go fast enough to get in front of UDS to front run! #CheltFest
      AP says Felix Yonger has an EW shout too but UDS is the one. Dodging Bullets needs to be a different horse. #CheltMental
      If UDS stands up he wins is the vibe! Ryanair up next! #CheltMental
      RW says Ryanair is the possibly the weakest race of the fest. Would loooove for Vautour to run but most prob won't. #CheltMental
      RW says Road to Riches too slow for the Ryanair. Fancies Smashing! #CheltMental
      Replay of RW falling on Valseur Lido met with ironic cheers from this banterful crowd! #CheltMental
      NO'B fancies Al Ferof. Says Road to Riches not good enough for the GC this year. Ryanair suits. #CheltMental
      AP fancies Smashing at the prices. #CheltMental
      Ruby says he's going to bend the ears off Ricci and Willie to get Vautour in the Ryanair. #CheltMental
      World Hurdle up next! #CheltMental
      AP thinks Thistlecrack is the greatest certainty of the meeting. #CheltMental
      Most improved horse in training - AP on Thistlecrack. 11/10 with PP. #CheltMental
      RW says Prince of Scars better value than Alpha des Obeaux. Aux ptits Soins a chance at a big price. #CheltMental
      RW says Vroum Vroum Mag will def not run in the World Hurdle. #CheltMental
      NO'B sweet on Thistlecrack too! #CheltMental
      Triumph up next!! #CheltMental
      NO'B thinks it's a poor Triumph. Ivanovic Gorbatov needs to improve jumping. Impressed with Apples Jade & Gibralfaro. #CheltMental
      Whoever is not already doing so. Go to @pphorseracing to follow chelt preview with AP and Ruby!
      AP says Sceau Royals looks the pick of the Brits. Keep an eye on the Adonis this wkend. #CheltMental
      The GOLD CUP UP NEXT!!! Light the beacons of Gondor!! ITS TIIIIIIIME!!!! #CheltMental
      RW says he's going to decide when Vautour and Djakadam work in the Curragh 7 days prior who he'll ride.
      RW says fractions were the key to Cue Card out staying Vautour in the King George. #CheltMental
      AP says Vautour Will. Not. Stay. Likes Don Cossack. #CheltMental
      Smad Place has no chance according to our panel!! #CheltMental
      NO'B says Vautour stays but was outstayed in the King George. Likes Don Cossack as a more likely stayer.
      Charity bet time! RW goes reverse forecast Vautour & Djakadam in the GC! #CheltMental
      AP goes More of That in whatever race he runs in. #CheltMental
      Ruby goes again on Min Douvan and Limini treble!! #CheltMental
      Roi des Franc still a possible for the RSA RW answers Q1. #CheltMental
      AP says Holywell has no chance in the GC but a chance in the National. Modus possibly goes to the county. #CheltMental
      RW says Shantou Village needs to improve a lot to win the Albert Bartlett. #CheltMental
      RW says Identity Thief needs to improve after a hard race at Christmas #CheltMental
      Sir Tony says MTOY will run a big race in Champ Hurdle but a big ask. #CheltMental
      Last edited by Lester; 26 February 2016, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Cheers FM been reading the forum for a while always plenty of worthwhile chat.. How's your Cheltenham book looking?

Comment

It was looking great until 8 days ago.......

The Faugheen injury and subsequent change of plan with Annie Power has killed my ante post bets.

Thistlecrack 10/1 and Black Hercules (4 Miler) 16/1 are best of those remaining.

Have you got any gems already placed?

Comment

A few that have shrank in price, cue card 25s, limini 8s, min 25s, no more hero's 12s, altoir 20s, MTOY 25s, sprinter sacre 16s, campeador 20s, Bristol de Mai 16s, barters hill 14s, next sensation 25s are my best bets in various singles, doubles and trebles..
            Had a bomb on KV, had plenty on the Mullins accas that faugheen ruined, none of my bumper horses are going to run and I had 4 no hopers in the Neptune ��

Comment

Wow, they are some cracking bets. You're in prime position to get the week off to a flier!

Comment

Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
                A few that have shrank in price, cue card 25s, limini 8s, min 25s, no more hero's 12s, altoir 20s, MTOY 25s, sprinter sacre 16s, campeador 20s, Bristol de Mai 16s, barters hill 14s, next sensation 25s are my best bets in various singles, doubles and trebles..
                Had a bomb on KV, had plenty on the Mullins accas that faugheen ruined, none of my bumper horses are going to run and I had 4 no hopers in the Neptune ��
                Welcome on board CW. It's great to have another member with great knowledge looking at those bets. Well done and good luck.

Comment

Been punting long enough to know they've got to put there head in front or I won't win a penny... I'm looking at all the handicaps now I find it just as much fun picking them as I do watching them win.. Anyone got any strong fancies.. I just think Nichols has a few nicely weighted horses

Comment

Never quite sure what body language is attached to the panel comments when reading these tweets but if they can be taken at face value you'd be worried about Vatour's ability to stay the Gold Cup trip, if nothing else I think we can assume Ruby will be on Djakadam...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      Never quite sure what body language is attached to the panel comments when reading these tweets but if they can be taken at face value you'd be worried about Vatour's ability to stay the Gold Cup trip, if nothing else I think we can assume Ruby will be on Djakadam...
                      Not normally my thing but have done the Min Limini Douvan Vautour( ryanair NRNB) yankee.

Comment

Cheers guys for all your posts. There's not a lot going on in the Edinburgh area.

Comment

Anyone know of anyone tweeting from the one Matt Chapman is at tonight at the Golden Ball pub?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
                            Anyone know of anyone tweeting from the one Matt Chapman is at tonight at the Golden Ball pub?
                            havent seen anything.

I usually search for cheltfest and douvan and that gets a link if there is one.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                              RW says Shantou Village needs to improve a lot to win the Albert Bartlett. #CheltMental
                              Mystifying. If he stays and that would seem quite likely I wouldn't have thought he needs to improve at all. Don't know whether the jock is trying to cover up a tactically very average ride when he tried to beat Yanworth for speed.

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                                Mystifying. If he stays and that would seem quite likely I wouldn't have thought he needs to improve at all. Don't know whether the jock is trying to cover up a tactically very average ride when he tried to beat Yanworth for speed.
                                Thats strange because I thought RW said better ground would bring out more in SV. That would be enough to improve?

Comment

Working...
                                X