Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Novice Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet365 are up with prices:

Daring Carlotta 7
    Limini 8
    Augusta Kate 12
    Karalee 12
    Chocca Wocca 16
    Theatre Territory 20

The fav got close to Bitofapuzzle at the PP meeting last November in a listed bumper and of course that one went close in the Mares hurdle in March so has solid form.
    Still can't get away from the visually impressive nature of Augusta Kate's win at the weekend, any sort of noise from her trainer suggesting this was her target then her price would surely half.....

Comment

I think I'll add Augusta Kate to my tracker. Once she has a hurdle entry it's time to get involved.

She is owned by Lee Westwood, Ant & Dec plus others, and I'm sure they'll be keen on having a Cheltenham runner.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        I think I'll add Augusta Kate to my tracker. Once she has a hurdle entry it's time to get involved.

She is owned by Lee Westwood, Ant & Dec plus others, and I'm sure they'll be keen on having a Cheltenham runner.
        Yep. If there is something to beat her it is probably in Willie yard.

Comment

Karalee- Mullins & Ricci

Comment

This Limini of Mullins got a huge boost yesterday when Ballyoisin destroyed his field at Navan, put distance between him and his rivals without coming off the bridle....

Comment

Karalee supposedly ground dependant and wants it soft, not sure if she'd be a Cheltenham horse but a horse nonetheless to keep an eye on, ruby has already stated she'll be a novice with a big future, will have to wait and see where and when she comes out

Comment

Worth watching to see if Copper Kay going hurdling ?

It was the five-year-old's third victory from four starts in National Hunt Flat races and her trainer is now considering the next plan of attack.

Hobbs said: "There are two options - she either sticks to bumpers for the rest of the season, or she runs over hurdles now, with the new mares' novice hurdle at Cheltenham the plan.

"It depends on what happens in the next month. You wouldn't want to run her over hurdles and have three runs this season."

Comment

Mullins sending Myska over to Taunton today - only ride for Ruby. Could be a nice pot to pick up and be a good slighter as to where mares like Limini, Karalee sit in the pecking order against the English horses (assuming they are better than Myska)

Comment

Anyone heard anything about Limini and Karalee, entries setbacks etc?

Comment

Only rumour I heard was karalee had a setback and that Limini is waiting on better ground and the yard are prepared to wait till the festival if neccesary with her.

Comment

Limini nibbled at today ?

A trip to Sandown in February is under consideration for Myska after keeping her unbeaten record intact at Taunton.

An impressive winner of a Clonmel bumper before making a successful hurdling debut at Thurles in November, the six-year-old became Willie Mullins' first ever runner in Somerset when lining up in Listed company and completed her hat-trick with a comprehensive victory in atrocious conditions.

The daughter of Presenting is as short as 5-1 joint-favourite for the inaugural Trull House Stud Mares' Novices' Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival and is likely to have one more run beforehand, potentially at Sandown in a race Mullins and owners the Supreme Horse Racing Club won last season with Uranna.

Steve Massey, racing manager for the owners, said: "We took her across hoping she would run well and earn her ticket to Cheltenham and I think she did that by winning what was probably the best mares novice hurdle run so far this season.

"She's very adaptable as she has the speed for two miles but won over two miles and six furlongs at Thurles the time before.

"She obviously handles heavy ground, but being by Presenting, we think she'll be even better when the ground dries up in the spring.

"There are a couple of options for her. There's a Grade Two at Sandown in February, a race we won with Uranna last season, and there's also a Grade Three at Fairyhouse.

"Hopefully she'll run in one of those before going across to Cheltenham, that's the plan at the moment.

"The dream is still alive and hopefully it'll still be alive in March."

Myska is just one of three potential runners in the Cheltenham Festival's newest race for the flourishing ownership syndicate.

Listen Dear is bound for Prestbury Park after blowing her rivals away at Down Royal in October, while Daring Carlotta is on the road to recovery having been off the track since finishing a close third in a Listed bumper at Cheltenham in November 2014.

"Listen Dear has already won her Grade Three and will probably go straight to Cheltenham," said Massey.

"Daring Carlotta will hopefully be back in the spring as well, so it's exciting times.

"At the moment we're just focussing on taking horses to Cheltenham that have chances. It's too early to think about winning."

Comment

Does anyone know if La Bague Au Roi will be tested over hurdles or straight to Aintree bumper?

I see she has entered the betting with a couple of sites.
                          Last edited by loveracing; 11 January 2016, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                            Does anyone know if La Bague Au Roi will be tested over hurdles or straight to Aintree bumper?

I see she has entered the betting with a couple of sites.
                            From October 27

Warren Greatrex was full of praise for the French-bred post-race and he again described his excitement in his Oddschecker blog on Tuesday. He said: "I really think she's a bit special. She's got an extremely bright future and I will train her accordingly. You haven't seen anything yet.

"I'm really excited about her, she's definitely the best filly I've trained."

He added: "There is a Listed bumper at Huntingdon in December that I have my eye on for her but if it came up soft we wouldn't run.
                            "The main target is the bumper at Aintree in April and I wouldn't be worried if she didn't run again before then."
                            Cooper Kay was another bumper winner I was interested in for this.

Comment

Thanks Mayo

Comment

Working...
                              X