Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Queen Mother Champion Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racing has suddenly become interesting again

Comment

Originally posted by Yeehaa View Post
      Racing has suddenly become interesting again
      It's certainly getting easier for the bookies to cream the punters, the ante-post market has become a real minefield

Comment

Vautour is back in the QM betting at 365 and as low as 4/1 at Skybet, has anyone seen or heard any comments regarding the race from the Mullins camp?

Comment

Skybet only that low as they are nrnb on the 4 championship races though.

Comment

I'm a massive Un De Sceaux fan and I was disappointed he fell yesterday.However ive never seen a faster horse over 2m.To my eyes theres no other horse in training that could keep up with this horse in a 2m race and its the fences that are the main danger to him winning the Queen Mother.7/4 to get round is a bet I'll take and I cant wait to see this race at Chelters.Any horse can fall in a race and better to happen yesterday than the big race itself.

Comment

Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
              I'm a massive Un De Sceaux fan and I was disappointed he fell yesterday.However ive never seen a faster horse over 2m.To my eyes theres no other horse in training that could keep up with this horse in a 2m race and its the fences that are the main danger to him winning the Queen Mother.7/4 to get round is a bet I'll take and I cant wait to see this race at Chelters.Any horse can fall in a race and better to happen yesterday than the big race itself.
              he must have made up 20+ L running loose. amazing engine ....

Comment

Given recent races the bet of the QM now looks to be Special Tiara ew at around 12s. My view is that he would have been around a half to one length winner of the Tingle Creek without interference, debateable of course, but then given the boxing day race at Kempton where, arguably, SDG would have won without a last fence blunder, it seems to me that either will struggle to confirm form on better ground with Special Tiara

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                  he must have made up 20+ L running loose. amazing engine ....
                  but they have to be jumped . I have a reasonable bet on betfair on sprinter at over 25s but was disappointed yesterday. I think Nicky was too. Some more quotes here

Trainer Nicky Henderson was a relieved man after his horse was victorious at the scene of the gelding’s heart scare in 2013

One horse I have heard nothing about this season is Champagne Fever. Is he still in training ?

Comment

It's also worth thinking about a small ew on Flemenstar, 33s with 365, definitely worse bets around than that, even as part of a place acca you could pick up a lot of money if you can find 2 or 3 others to fill places

Comment

Bet365 now nrnb and cut Vautour to 5/2, they definitely want to keep this horse on side, they also clearly doubt the statement from the Mullins camp that the main target is still the Gold cup because they have left him at 6/1

Comment

Bet365 have just fallen into line with nrnb prices re Vautour targets.Skybet have the same prices roughly.Its interesting that both firms have UDS as fav ahead of Vautour for Queen Mother and I'd agree with that also.

Comment

Vautour still double figures on betfair.

Champagne Fever had a splint and it will be a race against time for the festival.

Is there any news on Simonsig ?

Comment

Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
                            Bet365 have just fallen into line with nrnb prices re Vautour targets.Skybet have the same prices roughly.Its interesting that both firms have UDS as fav ahead of Vautour for Queen Mother and I'd agree with that also.
                            They probably see this as a less likely target now for Vautour, he's evs for the Ryanair, it would be interesting to see what they would do in the event it was announced this is now his aim. It would be interesting also to watch, I know you're a huge UDS fan iain, so you clearly think he would win, personally I'd look forward to that clash but Willie reckons they're still aiming Vautour at the GC so we'll have to wait and see

Comment

Yeah Mr Mcg we have different opinions re Vautour and to be honest its not going to make to much difference to my bets so far whichever way Vautour goes.My thinking is purely on what Mullins has said and how he kept them apart last year in the Arkle and what Ricci has been saying about Vautours target.Mullins never runs his best against each other if they both could win different races, as a general rule usually, but yes plans could change and as you say we'll know come the big days.At the end of the day we as punters come to our own conclusions based on different factors and then we probably still get it wrong ha, especially with Wullie Mullins.

Comment

Dodging Bullets and Special Tiara the value here now,

Still hopeful DB can come back and win.

Comment

Working...
                                X